January 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms 5/12

...as I sit here still enjoying my coffee because God forbid my mother was right and "the second time is SoOoOo much easier " 🙄 

Re: Weekly randoms 5/12

• I have the day off today to take DS to the dentist. He's had to have a decent amount of work done and he's over the dentist at this point, so we're having him sedated. I'm a little nervous. 

Tomorrow DH and I are having a movie date to see Spiral (part of the Saw franchise). 

DH is going to Vegas with his friends Fri-Mon.
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I forgot how glitchy the bump app is! Does anyone else have these issues? Often I am not able to post or "love" posts from my phone. I try to log out and back in a few times, but I have to login from a computer. Also I have hard times getting to the Jan 2022 moms board, like its hidden on the menus or something. The struggle is real! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @magalina_h good luck to your son today! 

@realhousewife519, oh, the app is TERRIBLE on the phone! That stuff happens to me all the time. I just use my computer to post anymore, I don't even bother with the app. 

• fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited May 2021
    @magalina_h Good luck to your son! The dentist is scary as a child for sure (and even as an adult!)

I think I have my first food aversion - cereal and milk. I don't know why, but the thought of it is making me gag.

My birthday is on Sunday. I am seeing friends for different meals over the weekend, as to avoid having a large crowd convene, but everyone is fully vaccinated. (I was really looking forward to indulging in margaritas, but oh well! This is better.)
  • I am getting my house cleaned by professionals today for first time ever....so I took a walk to get out of their hair. I work from home so it's weird.

@magdalina.h good luck today! I hope it goes smoothly for everyone. I've had to take my son a couple times in the last three weeks because he chipped his front tooth. X-rays were not fun. 
  • DH comes gets off shift tomorrow. I haven't seen him since Sunday! It's funny, I miss him like crazy when he's gone every week, but when I'm home I'm just like you make such a mess with literally everything... everywhere!!

@magdalina.h Good luck at the dentist! I used to be terrified of the dentist I even went to a pediatric one until I was about 10! They were very patient people!

@fifilala516 Happy early birthday!!! A marg sounds sooooo good right now. Or White Claw! I did find a dupe for White Claws or a mock tail version. Its the Bai Bubbles brand. The cans are shaped similar and it definitely gave me the feeling of a White Claw lol 😆
  • @magalina_h good luck at the dentist! Sedation can be tough, but sometimes it's necessary. DD has had to have sedation for procedures waaay to many times, and honestly the worst part is placing an IV. So if he's at the dentist, doesn't sound like that will be the case, probably they will just use gas??

@realhousewife519 yeah it seems like the bump is trying to hide the community pages more than they used to. 

Side note, does anybody remember the "real answers" section of the app from a couple years ago? What a gold mine of entertainment 😂

@fifilala516 happy early birthday!

@dani_0921 ooh I need to get our cleaners scheduled. We used to have someone come regularly, but she got flaky so I'm just going to go with a service from now on. 

@firewife2021 I feel like I've really missed out on spiked seltzers, because I love sparkling water/vodka sodas. I remember them being a new thing summer 2018 (pregnant) and really wanted one, and then ever since haven't ever had an occasion to drink one (pool party, etc). Guess I'll just stick to my fruit juice and soda water again this year 😂 
  • I think we finally have my 15 month old weaned 🙌 And she slept through the night for the second or third time ever last night. 
    Yet I’m still exhausted and my body just votes no lol
    currently waiting for my referral to go through to the OB/midwife center. Really wishing they could get me in for a dating scan before my husband leaves for the summer 😬
    Anyone having the hardest time getting motivated to do something then actually having the energy and mental capacity to get it done? I thought I was doing ok on my to do list then I wrote it down and I have 17 different pieces of clothing to sew by the end of the month. 6 need to be done and photographed by this weekend 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @MrsJessS totally! My husband went on shift a few days ago so it's just been DS & I and I have laundry still in the dryer that needs folded 🙃. He comes home tomorrow so better get to it lol
  • I also don’t remember it being so hard to get to the community thread!!
  • @pajamstagrams thanks! they are doing IV deep sedation, but they're using a high dose of nitrous to make him sleepy first. Regular nitrous does nothing for him. He's had to have lots of cavities filled and crowns placed several times since he was 3. It's become traumatic for him and last time he had to have a tooth extracted. Today they're putting in a spacer, putting a crown on a tooth, and fixing a crown that a different dentist improperly fitted.

All this dental work definitely gives me some mom guilt. I swear we brush his teeth and take care of them, he just has bad teeth luck. Both my husband and I have bad teeth too. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @firewife2021 haha I know that feeling! Hubby is going to be gone a few months and I already anticipate a lot of panic cleaning about 3 hours before he gets back 😂😂
  • I just had my physical with my PCP, and now I'm so exhausted. I have a bunch of stuff I should be doing around the house but... eh. Maybe later. All I want to do is lay around and watch Dateline, haha. I should also go out and run an errand, but I need to stay at the house to wait for a medication delivery that I have to sign for. More Endometrin. Going into my 7th week of it. It SUCKS. Hopefully this is the last couple weeks of it.