January 2022 Moms

GTKY: Bingewatching

(borrowed from November 2021  :D)

I imagine many of us are feeling like total lumps at some point during the day, and all we want to do is beach ourselves on the couch and watch TV when we can. So, what's good? 

Re: GTKY: Bingewatching

• If you have Apple TV, For All Mankind is awesome. It begins with the premise that the Russians beat us to the moon, and then supposes how history would've been different because of that, which, as a history teacher, is super interesting to think about. 

We just finished ZeroZeroZero on Amazon. Pretty intense, but really well-done from a production and story-telling standpoint. It's about the drug trade, and it takes you from Mexico (the origin) to the transport, to the buyers in Italy. 

HBO: Mare of Easttown. It's really good. Kate Winslet is such a great actress. Come for the murder mystery, stay for the eastern PA accents.  :D

Other shows that I've watched in the past year that have been amazing: Yellowstone, Unbelievable, The Last Kingdom, The Flight Attendant (kinda dark, but pretty funny too)... oh! Did anyone see that they're bringing back Dexter for a limited series? Super excited. 
  • firewife2021firewife2021 member
    edited May 2021
    Ok. I have a guilty pleasure right now: Pretty Little Liars. It's embarrassing. 

Other shows that my hubs and I have watched. Sons Of Anarchy (probably our fav). Breaking Bad. Ozark. True Detective (HBO). Stranger Things. Peeky Blinders- Tom Hardy nuff' said 🤤

I also loved "YOU". 
    Swamp People lol - I love Louisana. Lol.
    I also love all crime documentaries! 

• Loading the player...
  • @Lisa3379 I have not watched a single one of those shows 😂 except for a couple episodes here and there of Dexter back when DH watched it. 

DH and I just watched WandaVision and The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Both good, but I thought WandaVision was better!

I need to finish watching Poldark, but that show is super intense drama-wise so I can't binge 😬

Also on my list, (probably when I get further along and have my first appointment), is to catch up on Call the Midwife.

And then of course, hallmark movies, because I clearly get stressed from watching other TV shows, so I need the fluff in my life to balance it out 😂 
  • Lisa3379 said:
    If you have Apple TV, For All Mankind is awesome. It begins with the premise that the Russians beat us to the moon, and then supposes how history would've been different because of that, which, as a history teacher, is super interesting to think about. 

We just finished ZeroZeroZero on Amazon. Pretty intense, but really well-done from a production and story-telling standpoint. It's about the drug trade, and it takes you from Mexico (the origin) to the transport, to the buyers in Italy. 

HBO: Mare of Easttown. It's really good. Kate Winslet is such a great actress. Come for the murder mystery, stay for the eastern PA accents.  :D

Other shows that I've watched in the past year that have been amazing: Yellowstone, Unbelievable, The Last Kingdom, The Flight Attendant (kinda dark, but pretty funny too)... oh! Did anyone see that they're bringing back Dexter for a limited series? Super excited. 
    I've heard soooo many good things about Yellowstone!!!
  • current shows...

Handmaids Tale!!! (although now pregnant it’s hard to watch. i’m on baby #3 gilead would love me 😆)

Peacock- Just finished Yellowstone... now on Mr. Mercedes

Showtime: City on a Hill (so good!!)

Netflix: Watching Son of Sam documentary currently but can’t wait for Ozark soon!!!
  • @firewife2021 I started watching PLL when it came out when I was in college, but I think I stopped a season or 2 before it ended 🙈 same with vampire diaries, never finished 😂
  • Ozark and Peaky Blinders are sooooo good! And @firewife2021 - Yellowstone will make you want to move to Montana. The scenic shots alone are worth the price of admission :) 
  • Octonauts. The only thing I ever get to watch is Octonauts. 
    Wanda Vision is at the top of my to watch list though. Someday 
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited May 2021
    @firewife2021 I loooove "You." So melodramatic. So good. I binged the first season in 2 days while I was home with a sinus infection. 

I'm binging "The Nanny" from the 90s on HBO Max. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I could never find it except on reruns, and we don't get the channel that shows it on our cable package. I had a similar upbringing to Fran Fine, so it's all types of nostalgia for me.

Has anyone seen the Cecil Hotel documentary on Netflix?
  • @fifilala516 Yes! The Cecil Hotel! A few other crime documentaries that are super good : The Night Stalker - this one creeeeeped me out. Also the documentary on Gypsy Rose- so good! 
  • @fifilala516 Yes! The Cecil Hotel! A few other crime documentaries that are super good : The Night Stalker - this one creeeeeped me out. Also the documentary on Gypsy Rose- so good! 
    I am obsessed with the Gypsy Rose case. Have you seen "The Act" on Hulu? That was so good!
    We watched both of those so good! I love a good crime show. Have you see The Act on Hulu? It's a drama series about Gypsy Rose. It is really good!
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Basically all me and DH do is binge shows after DS goes to bed.  Some of my favorites: 
    In the Dark (I'm seriously obsessed)
    Handmaid's Tale (also obsessed)
    Good Girls
    Never Have I Ever
    Ginny and Georgia
    Bridgerton
    Flight Attendant
    Pen15
    Mighty Ducks Game Changers

Agreed! and Night Stalker was one of the best I’ve seen! 
  • Basically all me and DH do is binge shows after DS goes to bed.  Some of my favorites: 
    In the Dark (I'm seriously obsessed)
    Handmaid's Tale (also obsessed)
    Good Girls
    Never Have I Ever
    Ginny and Georgia
    Bridgerton
    Flight Attendant
    Pen15
    Mighty

Bridgerton might be the reason I’m pregnant! 😆
  • @laurabridget hahaha! Love it! 
  • My husband and I just started The Nevers on HBO. It’s the latest Joss Whedon show, I know he’s controversial for how he’s treated actresses and being sort of fake feminist, but I grew up on Buffy and Firefly so I still have a soft spot for that style, and this series is pretty neat so far: sort of a steampunk X-men in Victorian London.

• Thanks for the tips everyone! I just binged “Why Women Kill” - it was on Paramount (or you can get through Amazon).  Super cute and funny dark comedy with Lucy Lui and a couple other well known actors I can’t recall now.  Season 2 coming soon.  
  • @laurabridget - ha, that’s hilarious.  I will have to watch Bridgerton now.
  • We have been watching Yellowstone on Prime, Behind her Eyes (Netflix), The Serpent (Netflix), vikings, Superstore. 
    I'm watching The Irregulars on Netflix. It's entertaining enough. 
    On my list: Babylon Berlin
  • @sarah_is_pregnant yellowstone is on prime
    video ?

i suggest Castle Rock on hulu
  • Not really binging but we make it a point to watch Grey's Anaatomy together every week. I'm dying to watch the new movie Four Good Days. It came out on prime yesterday I think. Once DH ad I get a chance to sit down and watch it together we will.