September 2021 Moms

Weekly Check-in: 5/10/21 (9/16-9/30)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
Upcoming appointments:
How are you feeling?:
Rants/Raves:
Questions:
GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Check-in: 5/10/21 (9/16-9/30)

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: ?

Upcoming appointments: End of the month (but I'm trying out a new therapist this week)

How are you feeling?: Pretty good, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get comfortable while juggling this super low baby bump. This is nothing new, but I'm super out of breath all the time, and I'm always waking up tired. 

Rants/Raves: 1 week left until summer! Bring it onnnnnnnnnnnn

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? I don't remember, probably a boy band person like Nick Carter or Justin Timberlake.
  • Loading the player...
  • @paulpaw I've gotten mine out and tried it a little, but it's not comfortable either, unfortunately. On Saturday, I laid down my upper body on a pillow and my knees tucked in but spread apart so that my belly could fall between my legs, and it felt. so. good. for like 30 minutes. Baby had a field day stretching out for awhile, I could feel him/her on both sides of my belly at once!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 weeks exactly, EDD 9/20

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive 🥬 

Upcoming appointments: repeat anatomy scan and fetal echo this Wednesday. 

How are you feeling?: Fine overall. Limited/Muted movement still. Nervous for Wednesday’s appointments. 

Rants/Raves: Home inspection coming up on Thursday!!! Since the owners are staying in the home until October 15th, this is my only real chance to take every single little measurement to be able to virtually furnish this house in a timely fashion after we get real access, so I’ll be a busy bee on Thursday. I’ve already made a huge list of everything I need to look at, decide on, measure and assess during the few hours that I’ll be in the home. It’s exciting and crazy! 

Questions: Anybody having a baby shower or sprinkle? DH and my mom started planning one behind my back and then decided to tell me because they knew I’d rather plan it myself 😂😂 They were right! Now I don’t have to make the decision and I can just enjoy designing the event. It’s one of my favorite things to do. 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Justin Timberlake. Still is. 

• paulpawpaulpaw member
    @Aerialmrs agree they aren’t comfortable either but thought maybe it would help with low baby. Hopefully he/she moves up a little!
  • @runningonindie I'd tell the home inspector to take their good old sweet time! 🤣  That is seriously so exciting to be able to get in and start planning your house!! I am by no means an interior design expert, but it is one of my favorite things to do for my own home, so I totally understand your excitement!

I don't think we are going to do a baby shower or sprinkle this go around.  We had one for my first two, but I think I'm baby-showered out lol.  We got a lot of extra stuff at the first two that we ended up not needing, and I think I have a pretty good (and short) list of things we actually know we need and used, so we will probably just start working on getting those between now and Sept. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21+4/ sept 16

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eggplant...that seems so big! 

Upcoming appointments: fetal echocardiogram and regular OB later this month. 

How are you feeling?: I’m so tired. Plus I’m huge. I don’t know how I’m suppose to get bigger. I’m already struggling to get around and the bump is just ginormous feeling. 

Rants/Raves: we are hiking to a beautiful waterfall today. I will do it with all the kids and my 18 month old on my back in the carrier. I guess it’s a good workout but it won’t help with the exhaustion I feel. 

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? JTT of course. Yep, I’m that old. 😆

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20+1, 9/26

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a banana or Starbucks Venti cup

Upcoming appointments: tomorrow! 

How are you feeling?: My hip feels so much better after PT. Can’t really complain about anything rn besides still tired, still trouble sleeping. Can’t wait to have more than 200mg caffeine again.

Rants/Raves: We are moving so soon!! I’m so excited. I think my kitchen is going in this week and I can’t wait to see it! 

My only rant is Mother’s Day was fairly lame, DH played on his computer most of the day and my mom worked all day. I did get to sleep in though. 

Questions: Natm 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush I don’t really know! Probably Nick from Backstreet Boys lol 

@penny624 I sort of think glucose is soon, 28 weeks maybe? My OB vaguely mentioned doing it earlier for me and I’m afraid to eat before appointments in case she springs it on me.

@runningonindie we aren’t having a shower or sprinkle that I know of. We had something with the first but not DS2 either so I doubt it. We will probably have a house warming party though! Haha
  • emjeveemjeve member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 21 weeks today
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive 
    Upcoming appointments: next appt is not until June 1
    How are you feeling?: tired. So so tired. And I’m jumping on the “I feel humongous” bandwagon. My belly just feels so heavy and I’m having lots of back pain.
    Rants/Raves: I work part time at the school I work in and I only have 5 more days of work until summer!
    Questions:
    GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? JTT and Devon Sawa! I was obsessed with Wild America because they were both in it.

I’ll be back for @‘s

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited May 2021
    @penny624 oh my goodness, forgot about Devin Sawa! I remember having a huge crush on him too. My oldest son is named Devin. Maybe I subconsciously named him after my crush 🤣

@paulpaw solidarity with the nausea right now. So over it!

@runningonindie I was just informed on Saturday that my mom and MIL are throwing me a sprinkle. I actually had told my mom I really didn't want one but apparently I've been overruled lol. The grandmas are just too excited about their first granddaughter, I guess! Have fun planning! 

@emeraldcity1214 your hike sounds ambitious! Hope it went well

@whata@whatabout2ndbreakfast my mother's day ended up pretty lame too. Came home after a very long day of activities to a sink full of dishes. DH fell asleep as soon as he got in the door (what must that be like?!) so I got to do the dishes, put the kids to bed and all the nighttime chores. I was hoping for a night off, but guess not 🙄

@emjeve counting down too! 13 more days till my kids are done with school!  So ready for summer break.

• paulpawpaulpaw member
    @runningonindie my aunt is planning a sprinkle for me, I’m hoping a very small sprinkle. 

@whatabout2ndbreakfast I can’t wait for my coffee to taste good again, I can’t even make it through the first cup. 

@kissyfir1586 I hope the nausea is gone soon

@emjeve enjoy your soon to be summer vacation!
  • @emeraldcity1214 - have you had a fetal echo before? Is it that different from a regular ultrasound? I don’t know what to expect. 
  • @kissyfir1586 It did go really well. That waterfall never disappoints either. I can say, I’m pretty proud of myself for going tide pooling and hiking with a 25 pound baby on my back. It’s definitely keeping me in shape. My only issue is needing to pee all the time. 😆 I plan to do a few peaks this summer some with him and some mom hikes that happen at night. The sun doesn’t go down here in the summer so we usually hike without the kids at night. 
  • @runningonindie I haven’t ever had one because we just found my 5yo heart defect last year. They said they did a lot of what they will do for the fetal echo at my anatomy scan just to see how things were developing. Based off of that it’s just a bunch of pictures of the heart. They specifically look at the valves and chamber walls. We are looking at the aortic ventricular valve since that’s the defect my son has. He has a bicuspid instead of a tricuspid valve. I hope he cooperates because he is a wiggly thing during US. I still need to take the rest of my kids in for their echo to make sure they don’t have a defect. I just don’t like taking my kids to any doctor office with all the COVID red tape. So I keep putting it off. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 20W
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: banana
    Upcoming appointments: not until June 7 
    How are you feeling?: great!
    Rants/Raves: I had a great birthday/mother's day weekend in the mountains with my family over the weekend - feeling really good and ready to tackle the week! Only 2.5 more weeks until the school year is finished and I become a SAHM!
    Questions: Okay..so my original DD based on LMP was 9/19, but at my first scan (8 weeks) I was measuring closer 7 weeks, so they moved my DD to 9/28. Now at my anatomy scan everything was measuring a week ahead - all the measurements were around 20W4D/5D when I was only 19W3D...should I push to change my DD back? does it really matter? I'm having a scheduled c section at 39W. I don't see my OB until June 7.  
    GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Jonathan Taylor Thomas  <3

• paulpawpaulpaw member
    @chewie5990 I have a similar issue with due date and really don’t want to go overdue for my scheduled C. I measured behind at dating ultrasounds but caught up at 12w. My AS isn’t until Monday so I’m not sure what those measurements will look like. They still have my EDD based on the dating ultrasound.  Let me know what you end up with. 
  • @chewie5990 my ultrasounds usually measure big but the boys are big so they don’t change the dates. Interested to see what they do for you! How do you feel becoming a SAHM? I recently transitioned ( although I do work per diem) and it was kinda weird. I like staying home but wish I could consistently work like 1-2 days a week 😂 
  • @chewie5990 Earlier US are more accurate so I would go with that. It’s normal to start measuring a week or so ahead later in the pregnancy. 
  • krash_krash_ member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/18 21+4 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Endive

Upcoming appointments: June 3rd for regular OB, just had my 20 wk OB/follow up from my anatomy scan yesterday

How are you feeling?: Good. Having some trouble sleeping and hip pain but my OB assured me to just sleep however I can and not worry about sides or backs. 

Rants/Raves: Mother's Day was nice here. We had a nice breakfast out, got flowers or the window boxes, played outside, had a picnic lunch at a park, and MH made a delicious dinner. This weekend my dad and his wife are coming to help move my step brother and his wife into their new apartment here and staying with us so we need to move the 6 rubbermaid containers of girl clothes someone gave us, the crib and mattress out of the way in the guest bedroom to make room for them. Not looking forward to that. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? AJ from the Backstreet Boys, the OG bad boy!

@penny624 my OB said that the glucose test will be at 28 weeks so I will get the trifecta appointment, OB visit, glucose test and follow up growth u/s. 
    @runningonindie I don't think we will be doing a sprinkle. I had a friend offer to throw me one but it would just be for local mom friends which is a small group because all my family lives in another state so I'm not sure if I will take her up on that offer. 
    @babybelugaco I'm so glad BIL will be gone soon! Time to start planning the nursery and redecorating! 
    @grizzlymama86 that's interesting that YH wasn't allowed at the MFM but will be at the OB. My dr's are the exact opposite. No visitors at the OB's office and one guest allowed at the MFM. I think it's in case you get bad news from the MFM or need support for a high risk pregnancy you have someone. My level 2 u/s was the only appointment he has or probably will be able to go to. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ I think you should take her up on it! I’m excited for mine because it’s the first time I’ll really get to see a lot of my close friends and loved ones under the same tent. I’ve missed functions - big and small!