jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
edited May 2021 in November 2021 Moms

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/8

• slizteesliztee member
    Saturday! (Sarahday in our household.) I’ve been working on converting our sunroom porch into an office, because I’ve got some promising interviews under my belt and will be working from home if I’m selected. Today, Jeff and I are going to hang curtains in there and caulk all the window crevices (our house is 110 years old, so I’m working with some single pane windows that I’m just not ready to replace $$$). 

Then we’ll probably work in the yard and I’m officially off duty for anything and everything tomorrow 🙃
  • I have to vent just a little. Last time I was pregnant we told our families at the same time, lots of hugs and congratulations from his side.  The first thing my mom said was "is that a hand me down shirt?" And my dad said "now you really have to find a new job". Then when I lost the baby I told my mom the next day I was not ready to talk about it, so instead she told me all about her horrible experience.  Needless to say, I wasn't looking forward to telling them. My brother has 3 and they apparently are all blessings even though congenitively they all have something wrong and my SIL hasn't worked since the first was born.

So today I ripped off the bandaid and told then including how we found out baby B wasn't viable anymore.  Dad congratulated then mom sent a private message stating "I'm sorry for your loss. I pray for no repeat of last time".  What the actual F.  I just can't with this woman. I responded with "thanks. A little morbid. I just pray for a healthy pregnancy". 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MaximumEffort I'm so sorry, that was super shitty of her.  I wish people would just not say anything in those situations.  
  • @MaximumEffort I wish when people didn’t know what to say they said nothing at all 
  • @mayoduck I've definitely felt the baby moving around a couple of times.  Not nearly as regularly as I'd like 😆, but if he tucks in a certain spot I can just barely feel him for a little bit. 
  • Kicked off Mother's Day by throwing my low back out after vomiting 🤦‍♀️ At least I have an excuse now to be lazy today.  
  • @mayoduck I *think* I felt a little movement last night but when I was really still and trying to feel it again, I couldn’t. 
  • @artsiefartsie Yikes! I hope it turns around and gets better from here!
  • @mayoduck ❤ Thankyfully, after some rest and a nice bath my day turned out much better.  
  • @mayoduck I definitely think it's possible! I can't remember when I started feeling last time but I know it was on the early side too (definitely wasn't consistent and was usually when I had my legs kind of elevated)

@artsiefartsie I'm glad that you feel better!

@sliztee lol, I was telling my husband about this meme as we embarked on a family day affair that he planned. I loved it though, but told him that might be me on mother's day with 2+ kids 😂
  • @MaximumEffort I had that exact same thing happen in a previous pregnancy.  I've never been so happy to have a hemorrhoid 😆
  • Happy Mother’s Day ladies!! I hope your day went well. 

My day started off with smoke detectors going off while bacon was being cooked in the oven, then by opening all the windows in the house (mind you it’s rain/snowing here and only 40ish degrees) so I froze. Followed by me catching a chest cold. Yay for Mother’s Day. Ugh. 
  • The search function isn't working for me on the app, have we spot lighted car seats yet? If we have I have thoughts on convertible car seats now that we switched DS's lol
  • Its DH birthday tomorrow and usually I go all out for birthdays, I love them, and this is a big one for him, he turns 35. Is it bad Ive been so tired I have planned NOTHING! I got him a present, but no cake, no plans for dinner. It doesnt help that I keep asking him and he wont tell me anything.
  • @marbellie I’m not sure but I’m going infant. There is nothing better than the convenience of being able to take the car seat out especially when at the grocery store or wherever. I have to buy a new one since our last one got used with all three kids and has since expired. Also putting the baby in the seat ahead of time will be especially helpful in the winter with a newborn.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Starynightsky24 oh yes I agree, bucket seat until they outgrow it for me too! But I got the convertible seat at the same time for completion discount purposes (though we were lucky and were gifted both seats at our shower).