What was the last thing you read?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: GTKY - Reading

• tanyadktanyadk member
    Bloodchild and Other Stories by Octavia Butler
    That was 5 months ago. Need some summer reading recommendations now that I’m starting to feel better. 
  • tmk2021tmk2021 member
    I’m obsessed with the outlander series and just finished the last published one. Can’t wait for the newest book to come out this winter!

Also here for some summer recommendations 😊
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm currently reading The Kingdom of Copper, which is #2 in the Daevabad Trilogy. I loved the first one (City of Brass). It has a strong female lead, magical fantasy, action and romance. 
  • Same @jackie_dunny! I like YA fantasy and just graduated into more mature fantasy instead. I'm finishing the Ember in the Ashes trilogy right now and I love it so so much. I've reread the first book at least 5 times waiting for the other 2 to come out
  • Pioneer Girl by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • I can't quite remember the last real book I read (it was over winter break), maybe The Midnight Library? It was good. I usually just read shitty cozy mystery novels during the semester (like wannabe Agatha Christie) because my brain breaks when I'm teaching. 
  • I just finished Pretty Things by Janelle Brown, and I’m currently reading Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
  • Next book I’ve read in a long time I read about a month ago, Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne. It was brilliant
  • I've been into audiobooks for the last year. My last job required me to drive up to 80 miles to get to a facility, so that was my go to other than podcasts. My most recent has been Awakened the first in a trilogy by James Murray (the guy from impractical jokers) and The ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins which is a prequel to the Hunger Games.

Mostly I like thrillers/sci fi like James Rollins, Stephen King, Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child are a few of my favs.
  • @doodleoodle I read lots of nerd books (fantasy). I love the Hobbit and LOTR books!
  • Lilac girls by Martha Hall Kelly
  • @eggsandwich2019 same here, I can’t remember the last time I actually sat down and read a book for pleasure. I think I read a self-development book last summer. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 I started the book while still breastfeeding and by DS is now 3.5 years old and I think I finished it this last summer. 
    I also finished The Stand which took me years to finish and also did that this summer. 
    Before those I dont remember reading beside textbooks. 
  • I haven't read for pleasure in a while,  and usually it is for research purposes. I think the last actual book I read is The Body Keeps Score, which I highly recommend for anyone with previous traumas. 
  • @freakymagoo Ahhh, I've had Heart's Invisible Furies on my bookshelf for SO LONG and just haven't prioritized reading it. I'll have to bump it up my list!
  • You know what, I just remembered I recently read The 3 Day Potty Training Method. It was a good one. Would recommend 😂
  • slizteesliztee member
    I’m very slowly reading The Whole Thing Together by Ann Brashares. I guess a FFFC is that I never really outgrew YA and/or fantasy novels lol 
    Ain’t no shame in that game!!!
  • slizteesliztee member
    The best book I’ve read lately is Maybe You Should Talk To Someone and the trashiest summer read was Something Borrowed, followed by Something Blue. I just started a new series today, called A Court Of Thorns And Roses 🙃
  • @MaximumEffort I’m pretty sure this is me and crafts! Hahaha! I take forever with them. I usually get sucked up into books and I just want to spend time with my kids versus books right now. 
  • mayoduck said:
    @freakymagoo Ahhh, I've had Heart's Invisible Furies on my bookshelf for SO LONG and just haven't prioritized reading it. I'll have to bump it up my list!
    It’s truly amazing. I couldn’t put it down.
  • gogracegograce member
    The Giver with my 7th graders. DH and I are going to have a mini-book club and read Joy Luck Club together over the summer to prepare for his new curriculum. 
    I started The Duke and I after I binged Bridgerton, but didn’t get very far. Have two preschoolers while being pregnant and teaching doesn’t leave me with a lot of time for reading for fun. :( I’m very excited to read with DH after school is out.