jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
edited May 2021 in November 2021 Moms

Combining these two for this week 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Monday BF/TW Tuesday

• @artsiefartsie it's refreshing to hear that. I am so not bonding with (points to whatever it is in the tum) right now, and do feel just like some temporary real estate! I'm sad today, just so bloody tired, indigestion, nausea and urgh. I'm starting to feel isolated because I can't do anything. Just feel sad. RANT OVER.
  • Loading the player...
  • @jenharvey84 I'm hoping your second trimester goes a little easier.  It took closer to 16 weeks with DS but I did get to the point where I at least felt more human, everything starts hurting more 😆 but the mental part got easier.  

I think its completely normal to not have some magical bond to your baby until well after they are here.  With DS, when he was born I was just absolutely elated to not be pregnant anymore.  There was a very biological urge of "mine" and "keep safe" but otherwise I have no idea who this person is lol we just met.  It took until he could really interact and started showing personality that I got the "magical bond" feeling.  I always loved him but the bond just keeps growing as you see the little person they are and grow into everyday.  That for me is the magic of having kids, and what I remind myself of on days like yesterday when I'm miserably pregnant. ❤❤
  • @artsiefartsie @jenharvey84 this conversation is a good one. With my last baby the nurses thought I was terrible. One of the first things I said after she was born was, “She smells so bad. How soon can you give her a bath?” At first it's like, you love them and want to keep them safe and alive, but also... they’re so alien. In every sense of the word lol
  • @artsiefartsie @jenharvey84 @doodleoodle giving the viewpoint from someone with minimal symptoms, I also didn't really bond with the baby in utero the way that I thought I would 🤔 for DS I knew that I really wanted him and was a wreck for the week that I thought he might not make it if he had T13/T18, but I also didn't like sing to my belly or anything either. Pregnancy is a strange time lol. 

It was love at first sight, but I liked growing to understand and like him too
  • @mayoduck I'm also looking forward to the more regular movement stage just to help my anxiety.

I do remember that in the third trimester, DS got hiccups almost every day and it always made me giggle, so it definitely isn't all bad.  
  • @mayoduck @artsiefartsie I used to think it was so funny when DS would jump from shock at loud noises (like when I dropped a plate one time), it made him feel so real in there
  • @artsiefartsie @doodleoodle @jenharvey84 @marbellie @tanyadk LOVING this honesty - thanks for being on this journey with me. It's making me feel less crappy. I honestly have moments where I think "did I do the right thing, am I even mum-material". I guess it's all a learning curve and I'll feel differently once the little alien is with us in our world. 

@mayoduck an egg would be lovely, then my partner can take on some of the responsibility B) but I hear you when you say you don't like thinking about everything you eat, drink, do during pregnancy. It's a lot of rules, some of which you don't if it's a given or just someone's opinion. It's been nearly 12 weeks and I am already done with pregnancy, I've got a while to go yet. I don't even have a bump, just some food belly! 

Also, told my boss yesterday since I've been so sick and he seemed more excited about the idea than I was lol! I was like yes it's all well and good but can we talk about how, as the only woman lead on the team, my career doesn't get put on hold. 
  • Is this an appropriate place to say that I’m dreading Mother’s Day? The kids will surely make me so type of craft, and while precious, I’ll have to clean up loads of glitter.  And then we’ll schlep around seeing all of the other Mothers we’ve ever crossed paths with in our entire lives. 

I just want to sleep and not have to clean or cook lol