Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Tuesday 5/4

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Tuesday 5/4

• Options
    @bows22 thinking of you and wishing you good luck and good (and quick) results with your biopsy today.

Month/Cycle: 23/2 AL

CD: 61

WAYDTGKU: NTNP, temping

R/R: I called the nurse’s line at my doctor’s office yesterday and left a message detailing what’s going on. They didn’t get back to me but I’m hopeful to hear from them today. I have heating guys coming to the house tomorrow to give us a quote for adding central air. We already have forced air heating so hopefully it won’t be too bad. I’m tired of the window AC units and how insanely loud they are.

CS/Q:  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @gingermama29 thank you ❤️  I hope you hear from your doctors office today! I’m sure you will. They probably had to wait until the end of the day for the doc to approve the prescription. That’s been my experience at least. Central air is amazing, hopefully your quote goes well. 
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, vitamins

R/R: It is a stormy day here, which since I’m stuck inside today anyway, I kind of love. Sipping my coffee and listening to the thunder this morning. I also realized I talk about the weather a lot, which makes me think I’m turning into my dad. He hasn’t farmed in years, but weather remains central to all of his conversations.  <3

CS/Q: None yet. Hoping to remember to start OPKs tomorrow.

@bows22 Hope your biopsy goes well today and that they get you the results quickly!

@gingermama29 I can’t imagine not having central air, so I hop they get back to you with a reasonable quote. Fingers crossed you hear back from your doctor soon too.

• Options

@bows22 Hope your biopsy goes well and that they get you the results quickly, or at least give you a reasonable time estimate for results. I don't like waiting, but I'm better if I know how long I am waiting.

@gingermama29 I hope your central air quote is reasonable & you hear back from the doc office soon! 

@abjm0325 Oh hey, it's stormy here, too! It's so dark outside, it's almost like night and super windy, but it's a nice background noise to working this morning.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPKs, tracking cm, timing

R/R: Rave: the weather; I wish I could get outside later for a walk, but I've been grumpy lately and the stormy weather feels soothing in that mindset. Rant: Not really a rant because it wasn't a good fit overall, but decided to part ways sooner than later on a potential job opportunity that arose. The company has no idea how to find the person they need and have truly ridiculous requirements to even reach the interview stage, so we both tapped out. They definitely have no idea how to hire experts in my field, and are attempting to branch in that direction, and it was just very weird all around. 

CS/Q: None this week.

• Options
    @bows22 FX you get the all clear!

@gingermama29 I hope you get a call back soon so you can get the show on the road!

@abjm0325 we had a lot of rain come through yesterday. Before the work day was over I had the chance to open the window in front of my desk for that wonderful sound of falling rain

@beakay8 to me it seems like no company is good at hiring people. Either the process is long or they don't provide enough time to actually interview people (which is the issue I felt we had when we were looking to add someone to our team). My boss specifically told our HR not to schedule the meetings back to back but she did anyway.

Month/Cycle: 6 AL

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: temping, OPKs, CM, GF/DF diet

R/R: we got so much rain yesterday. Hoping the ferns start popping up soon! No idea how long that could take. All the mature ferns we have in our gardens already have been sprouting up the last couple days/weeks. Rant - got an email this morning to contribute to a coworker's baby shower gift. It makes me sad since I was (I think) due a few weeks before.

CS/Q: ladies the world is literally falling apart because I FORGOT TO TEMP THIS MORNING. This never happens. At least I'm nowhere near O to be worried about it.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 So, my HR department only does the official paperwork crap, and everything else is something I handle for my team. I am extremely upfront with applicants who make it to the first-round of interviews (phone) that our process is long and slow; I work for the state, so there are a lot of hoops and a lot of people involved, and yeah, it takes like 6-8 weeks once we hit the interview stage. I tell everyone that because that timeline doesn't work for everyone, and that's OK. I am extremely passionate about hiring & recruiting & training, and at least in my careers doing this work on the side of my actual jobs (it's one of my responsibilities but it's not my actual, like, career; I don't work in HR), I take it very seriously. It's hard looking for a new job; I know that. I'm not going to make it harder. I can't always make it easier because I don't control the process, but the parts that are in my control, I prioritize respect and open communication. ALSO I always love the fern updates, thanks for always telling us about the ferns. I'm sorry you forgot to temp; the world IS upside down. 

• Options
    @abjm0325 it’s supposed to be stormy here today too though I hope it’s just rain. I don’t like thunderstorms.

@beakay8 that sounds really frustrating. I hope you can find something that’s a good fit.

@inthewoods23 FX your ferns start popping up! Ugh those emails are so hard. Sending hugs
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited May 2021

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: ntnp

R/R: oh baby, it's hot! high of 85 today... which like i'm excited because we are starting to get the community pool emails... but also bc (ETA maybe to finish my sentence) i'm always grouchy about the first few times we have to kick the AC on. always feels "too early"

CS/Q: 

@bows22 fx for the next cycle!!

@gingermama29 i hope it's a reasonable price! it's so annoying paying for house things, but then you use them are like ahhhhh!

@abjm0325 oh i mean we talk about the weather and the backyard birds, it's like i'm 83 over here

@beakay8 i think that level of transparency is great! there's so much in hiring that's "kept behind the curtain" and let's be real, we don't need to waste anyone's time.

@inthewoods23 we have ferns in hanging baskets and your post is making me realize with the heat coming i need to water them or they're gonna croak! 

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @abjm0325 your day does sound cozy but I’m with @gingermama29 that I’m not a fan of thunderstorms. But I agree that bad weather is much better when you don’t have anywhere to be. 

@beakay8 is this the job you applied for but didn’t meet one of the requirements but then they had you rework your resume? Or am I confusing you with someone else? Either way I’m sorry it didn’t work out!

@inthewoods23 ugh, I’m sorry. We don’t really do gifts because it’s mostly men with wives having kids not employees, but half the time I end up getting blindsided by multiple babies being born in each internal newsletter that gets sent out. It’s nice to be able to escape from TTC stuff at work so it sucks when it collides. 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @anniemarie887 ugh it went to the 80s last week here and I’m not ready. Our pool is doing renovations this summer but that reminds me I need to start looking into if any of our neighboring communities are letting us in to theirs 
  • Options

@bows22 good luck on the biopsy!!!!

@gingermama29 I hope you get answers soon! that heat does not sound fun though and hopefully it doesn't get too unbearable :(

@abjm0325 I love a thundering morning with coffee, so tranquil (I sleep with thunder sounds too). nothing wrong with turning into our dads a little bit!

@beakay8 I'm sorry you have to let go of that opportunity. it sounded great but I also hear you that it may not have been sustainable for you in the long run. 

@inthewoods23 eeeeee! I love the fern updates! soon you will have a lush forest just outside your door

@anniemarie887 hope you can find some cool down spaces! that is hot! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, cm/cp, CBAD/opk

R/R: It finally happened! My advisor approved my thesis! Now all I need to do is have her sign a form and upload it and it's all done. I feel like I can finally breathe a little bit.

CS/Q: temps low, but CBAD is still showing Low (not typical for me at this point) so I'm guessing I was right and now O will be delayed from stress. I just want to O before I leave on my trip next week. That's all.

• Options

@beakay8 I’m sorry that the job didn’t work out, but sounds like maybe it will be better for you in the long run.

@inthewoods23 Yay for rain and baby ferns! I’m sorry about your coworker’s shower gift reminder. I hope you give yourself plenty of grace to have those feelings today.

@anniemarie887 I’m glad to have someone to be old with! 😉

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @chgilmore yay! congratulations!

• Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    edited May 2021

Will be back soon for tags

Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNV, CM

R/R: so sorry for ghosting. It was a long but fun weekend with the party and hosting my parents, then yesterday my stomach was in its own world and I was busy with work. Anyway to all that asked, the Derby party was a success and such a fun way to break in our new house! I can’t wait until our couch gets here (end of month) so that people aren’t sitting on tailgating chairs. Rant- we have to get a new roof and I can’t figure out what color to make the gutters. Like I’m overly stressed about this. Our house is made of this color rock, has brown trim, and the guy suggested black gutters rather than brown for a pop of color? I don’t know if I’m brave enough but also don’t love the brown. The brown trim would still be there but with black gutters and idk if it would look weird. Ugh I need a designer 

The only real rave I have is I was able to take the dog for a walk before the torrential downpour! I need to get better about taking time for myself to exercise during the day; for some reason I feel I need to be available 100% of the time WFH even though I’d always take almost an hour lunch to walk and chill when I was in the office...

CS/Q: any thoughts on my house dilemma 😆

• Options
    Lurk****

@chgilmore yayyyyyy

• Options
    @beakay8 I've read horror stories of people who go through 10+ rounds of interviews and it's just like omg walk away at that point yikes!

@anniemarie887 keep them happy! water those babies!

@bows22 these last 2 have been male coworkers. I have met one of the wives and maybe very briefly the other during a company Christmas party. Typical considering I work in a male dominated field. I'm actually having a little bit of a change of heart because I should not let my sadness take away from doing something nice for someone else.

@chgilmore hurray for your thesis being approved! Phew!

@b_1029 I think black gutters would be a really nice contrast to your stone color. Would that include the soffit and fascia parts as well? I think all of that together would look fine in black but not if it's just the gutters. Or is there a darker brown you can do?
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

@chgilmore Yay!!! What a relief!

@b_1029 Major house decisions are so stressful. I think the black gutters would look nice, especially if your roof is black/gray like it looks in that photo?

• Options
    @bows22 Yes, that was me, and after further discussion, I did have the experience, it came down to what they valued and didn't value. I hope they find what they are looking for, but they are refusing to be flexible on a number of things, and hiring is about way more than "did one person check every single box, okay." If it's not, then you and they end up disappointed and frustrated. 

@anniemarie887 I have had "off the record" conversations with applicants because the application process for the state is so cumbersome, and if you aren't familiar with it, it's really frustrating. I like to take time to explain why things are happening, even if they are out of my control and explaining them isn't any guarantee of being made an offer, or agreeing on an offer. 

@chgilmore HOORAY FOR YOUR THESIS APPROVAL! Cheers! And yes, not the job for me, and totally OK. I love my job. I don't want to leave my job, but it was worth applying because of the absolutely bonkers salary offer. 

@b_1029 Black gutters would great and classic. Definitely a pop, but not obnoxious or weird or anything. 

@inthewoods23 Oh yeah, nope, no way. I have bailed on other interviews because it was so many. No. You know or you don't, get over it. We do 2 *maybe* 3 if it's a really tight choice between the top candidates. I sent an email yesterday, and after sending it was like, "Yeah, you know what, no, this isn't going to be for me based on this process," and then thankfully they emailed back like, "You don't have all 45 requirements" and I was like "No one does! Good luck!" 

• Options
    Thanks everybody :) I can finally breathe! 
    @beakay8 I'm glad you at least tried! that's important!
    @b_1029 glad the party was such a huge success! black gutters sound trendy and very classic as well. plus probably don't end up looking as dirty as quickly but I don't have gutters so idk.
  • Options
    @bows22 this is our first year with the pool, 2 year wait list to get in. we're still waiting to hear how capacity will go with covid. i hope you can get in another!
    @chgilmore congrats!!! 
    @b_1029 i vote black, i like the contrast

• Options
    Busy thread! I'll post tags separately.

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, cm, cinnamon supplements

R/R: last week of classes. brain goo. counting down to next Thursday night when I'll be done with the semester! (aaand then a week break and then a summer class but hey!) And my mom found her old sewing machine so I'm going over there next week to show her how to use it because Monday'll be two weeks since dose 2 and I can go hug my mom and I can't wait.

CS/Q: My chart continues to be an exercise in WTFery. Still very negative OPKs, but egg white cm, so given my PCOS messing with OPKs sometimes, and tomorrow being my husband's bday, we'll probably start HIO today or tomorrow.

• Options
    @fantasyflyte lots of exciting things happening! first post-vax hugs are so special. GL on HIO ;)
  • Options
    @bows22 fingers crossed for the biopsy!
    @gingermama29 I hope they can get your cycle sorted for you. On the air, we weren't looking for central air when we bought our house, but now that we've had it for the last few years, I can't imagine not having it.
    @abjm0325 it's a dreary day here today too. As a meteorology student, I don't believe there's a such thing as talking about the weather too much lol.
    @beakay8 it's funny, I used to be terrified of storms when I was a kid, but now I love them. I wish we were having nice cozy storms instead of just dreariness.
    @inthewoods23 I hope the ferns start popping up soon! All the greenery around here has really popped in the last week or two.
    @anniemarie887 I always try to stretch as long as possible before turning on the ac in the spring, and the heat in the fall. I like this time of year because we can just have the windows open most of the time.
    @chgilmore wooooo, congratulations on the thesis!
    @b_1029 I like the idea of the black gutters, it would help define the line between house and roof visually.

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @b_1029 the pic is kind of hard to tell - do you think it would kind of have this color vibe if they were black? I’d be nervous too and would need a decorator haha. I think @inthewoods23 idea of dark brown would be good too!

@in@inthewoods23 you’re allowed to be sad AND still do something nice for someone ❤️

@fan@fantasyflyte home stretch! You can do it!
  • Options
    @fantasyflyte I'm scared of big storms, and at night, they bother me a lot because I grew up in a place where it rarely rained, let alone stormed. But during the daytime? I love them.