Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits w/o 5.3

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 5.3

• Options
    Continuing to build strength and flow in dance class. Eating at least one avocado toast with egg a day. I want to try to slow down when I eat and actually feel like I'm savoring the food. Drinking more water.

Yes! After starting pole and boudoir in January 2020 and being forced to take many breaks from it due to COVID, I finally managed to test up into the Intermediate level! They have certain strength-based requirements to get there and I have been training for it hard for the last month or two. Definitely feels like a win!!! Even though my body doesn't look the exact way I want it to, it's still doing these amazing things that I never imagined that I'd be able to do.

I'm a broken record, but having graduation be so close without meeting all of the requirements yet (THESIS) is really stressing me out and as a result I'm feeling stress hungry almost all the time. Thankful that I can at least notice it and not always act on it. On the water piece, I've tasked MH with making sure I have water almost all the time.
  • Options
    It has finally stopped raining, so this week I am going to try to use one of my 15-minute work breaks (morning or afternoon depending on meetings) to take a walk around the block; get some light exercise, get some fresh air and sunshine. I also need to get back into a good water habit; I really only drink water, so it's not a particularly difficult habit for me, but I definitely let it slip when I'm stressed, and then I'm dehydrated since I don't really drink anything else either. 

So, walks and water.

Terrible, and no. I'm going to be the drag this week, y'all. So sorry.  I did email back my EAP consultant about what I'm looking for in a long-term therapist, so that's something that's a win ish.

Everything is a struggle. I need to find some motivation. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chgilmore stress hunger is so weird! My therapist recommended asking myself, “is my stomach hungry or is my brain hungry?” And sometimes when I pause to ask that question I can better pinpoint whether I need some food or need a distraction from a stressor. Ugh. I hope your thesis is accepted soon!!

@beakay8 walks and water is a great goal. They seem like such simple things but prioritizing the time can be really hard. 

Undoing the weekend damage, I guess. Not damage, really, just a life well-lived with beers, burgers, too many cookies. No regrets but now my body needs some lettuce. 

Im not feeling my prettiest these days and that’s tough. But I figured out a nice way to twist my bangs back and that has improved my mood. Growing out a pixie, whew...

My stupid pinky toe is THE WORST. I did an upper body workout this morning that was good but I miss doing barre and bike classes on peloton. I’m doing yoga some and just adapting for any toe work but it’s so annoying! It’s amazing how much trouble a tiny little toe can cause. I have zero patience in letting it heal. 
  • Options
    boymama2018boymama2018 member
    edited May 2021
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Focusing on eating/drinking some more warm healthy beverages and foods. Still having my daily greens and salads but with a cup of bone broth too. IDK I read eating and drinking warm things makes your UT more inviting haha soooooooooo I'm sending the invitation.  B) Who knows if it will do anything but it can't hurt so whatever. Keeping up with my walks and hydrating after all of those pee holds last week. LOL.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I had my last glasses of wine on O day and 1dpo. I resisted on Sunday so thats a win for me. The hard part will be this Friday but I will be closer to testing so hopefully it'll be easier to pass on. I feel much better mentally today not partaking yesterday. Do you guys abstain from drinking here and there during the TWW? I don't drink during the week anyways, the weekend I usually treat myself but I am scared!

What has you motivated or struggling this week? The weather is so weird. On Friday I went for a walk and got rained on, like big time. It wasn't supposed to rain!!!! I made up for it sat and sun. I even went for a long one after the zoo/farm on Sunday which was EXHAUSTING.
  • Options
    @chgilmore congratulations on testing up to the intermediate level!  I've taken one pole class in my life and it is an intense workout.
    @beakay8 being one step closer to finding a long-term therapist is definitely a win!  good luck on the search to find someone you click with.
    @rachelredhead sounds like an awesome weekend :smile: sorry about your toe, they're a surprisingly important little appendage 

drinking lots of water, finding places to reduce carbs when possible (like the cheesesteak stuffed peppers we had for lunch!)

I went to a spin class this weekend for the first time in about 6 weeks.  I totally couldn't keep up, but I felt so good after.  I need to get back on my stationary bike at home with some regularity

I'm still struggling with the water weight gain after stopping the diuretic.  I'm up 5lbs since I stopped it less than a week ago and I'm sure it's water weight because Noom has me on a pretty calorie restrictive plan.  I'm told it'll balance itself back out after my body readjusts, but it's tough to see the scale keep creeping up while I'm cutting back on unhealthy (and delicious) treats
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    keikilovekeikilove member
    edited May 2021
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I am focused on weight loss through exercise. I gained about 10 pounds over the last few months of IVF/IUI treatment, and I must get it under control! I'm also focusing on going to bed at an earlier hour and getting more sleep.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Things are going well! May is my favorite month of the year: my bday month and the best weather. I've been focused on moving my body at least 4-5 days a week and it is paying off: I lost 5 pounds over the past two weeks.  

What has you motivated or struggling this week? The recent weight loss has me very motivated to keep it up. My goal is to be back down to my normal weight by the end of this month or sooner.

@chgilmore Congrats on going up to intermediate level in pole class! I so hope this afternoon gives you some answers re: your thesis. 

@beakay8 You have some great goals for this week! I’ve seen in the other posts that April and May have been pretty crappy for you. Maybe just focus on one goal this week so it seems more manageable among the sea of all the other not-so-fun things going on? The walk around the block with sun and fresh air sounds like it will do wonders for your stress levels. Hang in there! 

@rachelredhead Sorry about the pinky toe! Have you tried Pilates? There are so many exercises you can do on your back or side that won’t put pressure on your toes. Hang in there with growing out the haircut! It’s great that you found a style for the interim. 

@boymama2018 Good job resisting the wine on Sunday! That can be such a hard thing to cut out. I used to drink frequently, especially wine and champagne. Now, since TTC has been so challenging, I almost never imbibe. (Maybe on CD1 to drown my sorrows.) Good job on the weekend walks!  

@jbaker08 Oh, you’re doing Noom! How is it? How does it work? I think you mentioned before that it’s strict on foods. I’ve wondered from their commercials what their approach is that is supposedly so different. 

• Options
    Thanks everybody for the good wishes about my thesis. The meeting never happened (see Monday BF thread) so I am stress eating chocolate (but it's dark chocolate so it's fine right?!)
  • Options
    @keikilove I like Noom so far.  My best friend is also doing it and told me last week that she saw a number on the scale that she hasn't seen in a very long time.  She's been incredibly successful during the month or so she's been doing it.  It lumps foods into 3 categories based on calorie density.  So anything that's got a lot of water in it falls into green... fruits, veggies, etc.  Then yellow, then red is things like peanut butter that are high calorie for their volume.  So it's not so much that it's restrictive on foods, since you can eat anything you want within those 3 calorie buckets up to your recommended amount... it's that based on the information I put into the profile, it gives me 1200 calories per day.  It also walks you through ways to be successful in daily articles, sometimes it's got recipes, sometimes it's ideas about making better choices.  Basically it's calorie restriction, but the biggest difference I've seen between Noom and something like Myfitnesspal is that there's guidance on how to do it.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers