GTKY 5/1 - Ages

What was your favourite age growing up? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: GTKY 5/1 - Ages

• Options
    Ooh I’m not really sure. I know the question is “growing up” but I’m actually going to go with when I was around 23. That was a great year! I left behind a lot of toxic situations and I think I really “found” myself that year. Also the year I met my husband! 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny +1 for enjoying adulthood WAY more than childhood! lol. If I had to pick a favorite period in childhood, it would probably be around ages 8-10? Before middle school for SURE.
  • Options
    It gets better every year. 
  • Options
    I don't really know how to answer this question. I feel like being 17 was pretty fun though. I could drive and I was really enjoying school and hanging out with my friends. It's a good and special memory for me because I joined the military and left my home state forever within two weeks of graduating high school. Everything has changed and you really can't go home again.
  • Options
    Like others, I feel like most ages have had their perks, I really had fun in my 20s, but there's something about the stability that comes with my 30s that has been really awesome. I definitely am less stressed because I know what I'm up to - there were so many unknowns in my 20s! Maybe one of the reasons I'm so happy being settled down now is because I did all sorts of fun stuff in my 20s though, I wouldn't trade them. 
  • Options
    @eggsandwich2019 I think that’s key. I never really went wild in my 20s. My childhood was crazy and I had to grow up very quickly. I mean, my life now is way better and I’m happier now than any previous point in my life. But that one year I was on my own will always be special. 
  • Options
    tanyadktanyadk member
    edited May 2021
    24 -25 was a really great year. I got out of a toxic relationship, got to travel a bit on my own, and when I finally got back to NY I landed a job almost immediately, moved into a decent sized studio in a brownstone in Brooklyn, started really building up my community/finding my peoples and just finally started feeling like an adult. 

10 was also a fun age. I grew up in Côte d’Ivoire (west africa) so birthday parties year round were always at a pool or the beach. My 10 yr old self was loving it. 

Edited to fix typo
  • Options
    Ooh I’m not really sure. I know the question is “growing up” but I’m actually going to go with when I was around 23. That was a great year! I left behind a lot of toxic situations and I think I really “found” myself that year. Also the year I met my husband! 
    That sounds so much like my life!! I let loose several toxic relationships that year. Also met my husband. Travelled, studied abroad, met loads of new people, did cool scientific studies.
    26 was also good. Got married. Was fun planning the apartment together, honeymoon etc.