November 2021 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 4/28

How far along are you? 

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: STM+ Check-in 4/28

• Options

How far along are you? 10 + 5

Any new symptoms? Severe breast pain

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? My first appointment was last week. They confirmed a heartbeat so it went well. I’ll be on pins and needles until my next appointment at the end of May 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 - 5, 3, 1

How are your other kids doing this week? Great

Concerns/Questions: *tw* I had a miscarriage between babies #1 and 2 at 11 weeks so I’m just over here holding my breath 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? Laundry for 5 people is insane

• Options

How far along are you? 12w 6d

Any new symptoms? Vomiting is BACK with a vengeance. 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Next appt is May 12. Both scabs so far have been great and we found out we're having a girl.

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? My son is 4

How are your other kids doing this week? He's doing great. Very excited about his baby sister. He talks about her a ton and picked out an outfit to buy her at Target this weekend. 

Concerns/Questions: vomiting has been so bad and I have a perpetual sore throat from it which makes me wonder if there's some minor acid reflux or something going on.

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? Honestly, work. I have such a demanding job and can't make time for even... little walks during the day. It has been bad for a while because I'm in charge of our emergency response and COVID is an emergency so I've been fully on for over a year now, but with the pregnancy its just obviously unsustainable and actually... unfulfilling. Of course, being pregnant and needing FMLA means I'll be sticking it out, but it feels good to rant a little 😄

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@doodleoodle Big hugs to you as you power through these next few weeks until your next appointment.
    @Marz1pan That sounds miserable; so sorry! I hope the return is temporary! 

How far along are you? 12w+2d

Any new symptoms? Just belly belly belly. I feel so big for 12 weeks, and I usually wear slimfit shirts so there's a lot in my closet I can no longer wear while I'm still trying to be discrete about my bump.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? SCAN TOMORROW! I'm nervous but also really pumped! Assuming all goes well, we'll be sharing the news with our parents this weekend.

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One 2-year-old.

How are your other kids doing this week? He's been amazing. Honestly, the "terrible two's" haven't been so "terrible" for us. He has his moments, but mostly he's just a sweetheart and a goofball.

Concerns/Questions: The main thing on my mind lately, and with my growing belly, is trying to keep up with my PT exercises for my abdominal separation so that it doesn't get crazy worse with this pregnancy. 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? Probably my Netflix watching...

• Options

How far along are you? 10+1 

Any new symptoms? Nope. 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? My first appointment isn’t till 12 weeks. It’s been a long wait. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3, ages 7, 5, and 3. 

How are your other kids doing this week? My 5yo has been sick thankfully her fever broke yesterday so here’s hoping it’s over. No one else has caught it so that’s nice. 

Concerns/Questions: none that I can think of 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? Cleaning? If I could skip laundry and other things I’d have so much more time 😆

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 9+1

Any new symptoms? Breasts don't hurt AS much but eating and drinking is getting harder and my HR continues to be high (130 with standing), last night I fell asleep putting my oldest to bed.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Had an appointment last Tuesday where they scrapped the whole thing because one baby is measuring 6 days smaller so now May 7th I go in for a repeat ultrasound and then the next Monday with the midwife. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? Two kids ages 3 and 9

How are your other kids doing this week? They still don't know but are both doing well. 

Concerns/Questions: I just can't seem to connect with this pregnancy with all the unknowns, I lost the last at 8weeks. If there are two still do I find and OB then I have to switch hospital plans because I would need a real NICU as an option. 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? Charting at work :) laundry since I do it for myself and both kids, I refuse to do DHs, he has plenty of time to do it and doesn't do the other cleaning. 

• Options

How far along are you? 12+1

Any new symptoms? Not really any new ones

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Nothing any time soon

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 5 year old, 1 year old

How are your other kids doing this week? They seem pretty good

Concerns/Questions: NA

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? cooking, vacuuming because I have a golden retriever

• Options

How far along are you? 12w 3d

Any new symptoms? Not really,  fatigue seems a little more pronounced, but the nausea is getting a bit better. 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? About 3 weeks away

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 boy, 4 years old

How are your other kids doing this week? Pretty good.  It has been rainy all week so hes been stuck inside. 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? Drawing or painting mostly.  I've been trying to crochet a baby blanket so that's been a good time killer lately.  

• Options

How far along are you? 13+1

Any new symptoms? Heartburn 😩

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? May 7

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? A 2 yr old daughter 

How are your other kids doing this week? Doing really well despite discovering a bit of a medical issue. She’s fine, no symptoms but she has a fistula and I made the mistake of consulting dr. Google and spent all last night and today crying at the worst case scenarios.  Waiting for the pediatric gastroenterologist to confirm an appointment so we can take her in to figure out next steps. Finally found a non scary article that mentions outpatient surgery to correct an asymptomatic fistula but the thought of her going through any kind of pain kills me. 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time?at the moment, worrying before I know what I’m worrying about. Other than that playing the: “am I nauseous bc I need to eat a little more or bc I ate too much and will any of it stay down” Game

• Options
    @tanyadk I'm sorry you have to deal with that.  Medical stuff is so stressful, especially with your kids.  Hopefully you get answers soon and it is a quick easy fix. ❤
  • Options
    thank you @artsiefartsie ❤️
  • Options
    @tanyadk Oh no! I'm sorry you've got that weighing on your mind. Knowing something is not right but not having much more info than that can be SO stressful. I hope you have a good crew of supportive doctors and can get some answers soon.
  • Options
    Has anyone else still not told their children they’re expecting? I’ve been holding off because I don’t want them to grieve a loss, but at this point they’re sick of me being sick. My oldest has accused me of having covid more than once lol
  • Options
    Wasn’t sure where to post this but has anyone tried LMNT electrolyte drink for hydration? Just trying to find something that doesn’t taste like medicine to hydrate better and wondering if it’s any good/worth the try?
  • Options
    @doodleoodle I have not told my kids. But I’m thinking about telling them this week. I usually am okay with it after I see a heartbeat. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 11+4 

Any new symptoms? Relief of constipation  whew! 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Just had my first OB visit, got to see the nugget, heartbeat looks good  

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I’ve got 2, DD: 3 and DS almost 2  

How are your other kids doing this week? They’re recovering from a tummy bug. They switched daycares due to us moving and they caught all the new germs  haha  go figure. But they’re both feeling better right now and back at daycare, thank god.

Concerns/Questions: I have so much anxiety while pregnant. I just want to make sure everything is okay. 

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? honestly, sleeping... hahah. I work nights, so a lot of my days are spent sleeping and then I feel like I get nothing done at all. 

• Options

How far along are you? 12 + 2

Any new symptoms? Nothing new, but hoping for 2nd trimester relief soon!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Had my first MFM appt on Thursday. NT scan looked great and she drew NIPT labs. Both kiddos were measuring a few days ahead and she said she won't let me go past 38 weeks. She said things look good for another vaginal delivery given my previous uncomplicated ones as long as baby A is head down. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? Two... 5.5 and 3 next week

How are your other kids doing this week? Just received a 37 page document for my sons IEP meeting on Monday... I went cross-eyed trying to go thru it, but looks like he will get the services he needs when starting preschool on Friday altho they don't "officially" decide until the meeting.

Concerns/Questions: none at the moment

GTKY: what takes up too much of your time? I have no idea, but whatever it is, I have no free time haha

• Options
    slizteesliztee member
    Does anyone’s toddler do “quiet time” after dropping their nap? My son is presently screaming in his room on our first day of trying...
  • Options
    @sliztee I have. The advice I was given was to start small (5-10min) then slowly add time. It worked for us. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone have advice on transitioning toddlers from a crib to big bed? We transitioned my 2-year-old back in December to a toddler guard rail on his crib, but we don't want to get a second crib, so we'll need his for the new baby and I'd like to get him acclimated to a new bed at least a couple months beforehand.
  • Options
    @mayoduck What size bed were you going to upgrade to? We need to do the same thing but if you have to wait longer you can. My first 2 stayed in the bassinet with us in our room until about 6 months old, so there’s definitely some time, you don’t have to do it just yet. We’re thinking of getting our daughter a full bed and take her shopping with us so she can decide what she gets! 
  • Options
    @mayoduck Get a bed that is low to the floor. Know that they will fall out, and it’ll be okay. Let them pick their bedding so they’re excited, but don’t make it too big of a deal or they might become nervous. Good luck 😘 I promise it seems like a way bigger deal than it is
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    @mayoduck Glad to see I’m not the only one prepping for this shift! 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 We never used a bassinet with my first (he slept in his crib in his room from the very beginning and I slept in a twin bed in his room for the first 6 months, so that when it was time for the first transition, it was hardly a transition at all for him) and we plan to do the same with this one.
    @doodleoodle He definitely surprised me with how easily he transitioned to a toddler guard rail so I've got my fingers crossed I'll be pleasantly surprised again. Not making too big of a deal of it is a good tip... I'm probably likely to do that if I don't think about it.