October 2021 Moms
Options

The Great Big Nursery Thread

2»

Re: The Great Big Nursery Thread

• Options
    @noprobalo what a sweet little corner!
  • Options
    @vampirina Thanks! There's more going on in the room, but it's all still half-finished. Waiting on the completion discount to kick in before I buy alllll the things 🤣
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kandb4 lovely direction you are going 
  • Options
    kandb4kandb4 member
    thanks @mac-n-cheesy! Just have to raise the mattress from DS and I think I can call it completed. We have a circular mirror and diaper pail on the closest side of the room but it's a mess over there right now with piles of unneeded boy clothes now 😅 basically just added the rocker, pouf and changing pad but that touch of pink makes it feel like a new space
  • Options
    @kandb4 Wow, super cute!
  • Options
    k_rn21k_rn21 member
    I finally started painting this weekend. I should finish by the end of the week. We have to transition DDs playroom into the nursery so it’s a process. I am doing 3 tan walls and a pink accent wall. Her theme is woodland so her blankets and sheets have deer with flowers on the antlers and I bought wood accents for the walls with some paintings to match. 
  • Options
    @tari_sara We got the same/similar cribs!
  • Options
    @noprobalo it does look similar! Mine is a Graco, i forgot the actual model. We opted the solid back because there's an outlet on that wall that I don't want baby poking around in. 😂
  • Options
    @tari_sara Very good idea! I went with the solid back because I didn't want to have to hunt for pacifiers, etc dropped down the back. 😄
  • Options
    @madiirosee omg, I love those!!! Where did you get them?
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    madiiroseemadiirosee member
    edited July 2021
    @chindimples04 The shelves and macrame are from Amazon!! The cloud and elephant are from a local store called pacifier but I know the cloud with legs comes from a brand called JellyCat that makes a bunch of random things with legs attached and faces. So cute 🥺 
  • Options
    I have done absolutely nothing for a nursery. The "nursery" is currently my office and guest room, and my best friend comes about once a month and stays for about a week, so I'm very lax about changing - but its making my husband nervous. 

I cant figure out what I'm supposed to do about having a guest 😪 
  • Options
    @demimondaine best friend might need to stay in a hotel? I mean it’s been very generous of you to host them. But you have a baby coming so I’m sure they’d understand! 
  • Options
    @demimondaine dont worry I haven't started either and I'm a FTM. I am not that all that concern with setting up the nursery yet because she will be sleeping in my room first couple of months. My husband will start painting it soon in the next month. Plus the funiture I want isn't in stock until September 
  • Options
    @demimondaine I've done nothing except buy a carseat, a 12 month onsie and a swimsuit for next summer. 

You're probably fine. You've got time! Most babies don't use the nursery right away anyways.
  • Options
    I will say the other ladies are probably right too about it being ok if it’s delayed. Im just a control freak 😂😂😂
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the registry completion discount before I buy stuff. We had our baby shower last week so we got lots of stuff but I'm not laundering/organizing until I have them all.

That said - DH is creating a list for our hospital bag lol
  • Options
    @madiirosee your nursery is turning out lovely. I had my first daughter’s done too well before she was here. It felt like an important part of having my first baby and I used it for everything starting on day one except the crib (halo bassinet next to the bed). I also had a full wardrobe from newborn through 9 months at around this time as well…I can relate.
    This time we are trying to move into a bigger place ASAP so I’ve got a ton of clothes and things in boxes but no nursery yet!

• Options
    @madiirosee is that a macramé lamp??? Is that even a thing?
  • Options
    @gingermama46 you bet it is!! Cool right? It matches the macrame moon and star I have hanging 💗
  • Options
    @madiirosee, that light is gorgeous!! 😍
  • Options
    @galentine thank you!!! We put a warm Edison bulb in it, so it’s not too bright. I can’t wait to see if she likes looking at the pattern it gives off! 
  • Options
    This thread is giving me FOMO. Haha! For my DD, I was also one who had the nursery completely set up from Day 1. I loved decorating her room so much, and it helped me feel prepared for her arrival. We decorated her room with a variety of new things and also souvenirs we'd collected from traveling around the world before she was born. Her room is literally my favorite room in the house. It came together perfectly and I love it.

Baby #2..... well. Their room has a crib and an unassembled dresser. That's it. I just can't get excited about any of the gender neutral nursery decor. I KNOW how stupid that is (I'm pretty anti- gender stereotypes! I promise!) But for some reason I have very strong visions in my head for the nursery depending on if it's a boy or girl. I think I'll just save an online cart of decor for both sexes, and order from the hospital room.  :D  
  • Options
    @galentine awwww I could see why you’d feel that way. Honestly though, I looooooove neutral decor. Yes I would say I have some girly additions to mine, but I like to think for the most part it’s pretty neutral! With the sage green wall and creams, tans. Definitely doable! 
    Maybe you could start creating it as a “cozy” space instead of girly vs. boyish? Then it would be easy to add things for either! 
    I love wood accents, like the shelves I added and maybe some cute prints to hang up. A plush rug is always nice too. 
  • Options
    gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited August 2021
    @madiirosee I love it!! I figured it was but wasn't sure if that was a thing, love that it matches your wall hangings!!

@galentine I feel the same! I'm having a hard time coming up with a theme for baby. DS nursery was so great and all of that decor is moving with him to his new bedroom. I've been thinking about a hot air balloon, transportation, sky theme because I think we will keep the accent wall the same blue it is. ETA totally support making a cart for both boy and girl and then buying when baby is here!
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited August 2021
    @gingermama46, AHHH! We have hot air balloons in DD's nursery, and I LOVE THEM. Her room is loosely "travel around the world" themed, and I lumped in hot air balloons because I felt like it. Remind me when we get to the PG - I can share pics of her room and these gorgeous hot air balloons we got from an Etsy seller in Poland. They were a bit pricey but sooooo gorgeous and worth the splurge! The quality is seriously incredible, and the seller is great. She personalized the balloons for me with exactly the fabric and decor I requested. Love love love them.

Link to Etsy seller in spoiler (I don't know the seller, so I promise I'm not trying to sell for her, haha. Hopefully this is allowed.)

• Options
    @madiirosee soooooo stinking cute 😍