September 2021 Moms
Options

Healthy Habits 4/21

Figured I’d start one of these again - not sure which day it’s technically supposed to be on :)

What healthy habits are you working on? How’s it going? 

GTKY: What’s for dinner? 

Re: Healthy Habits 4/21

• Options
    Now that I'm not feeling nauseous, I've been trying harder to get a lot of fruits and veggies in. My latest craving has been raw carrots and broccoli dipped in ranch, and I'm taking full advantage for as long as this lasts!

No idea what's for dinner, though. Dinner is so annoying.
  • Options
    kissyfir1586kissyfir1586 member
    edited April 2021
    Now that my energy is back, I've been going to the gym again. Goal is 3-4 times a week to start, and I've been pretty good about it so far. 

I'm a huge fan of Skinnytaste recipes, so for the last two or three weeks, I've been making a new recipe from her website every night.  It's been fun to try new things, and I haven't hit a bad one yet!  Tonight we're going out for my nephew's birthday, but tomorrow is Barbacoa tacos, cilantro lime rice and corn salsa (I feel "cheffy" saying this) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm trying really hard to stay hydrated.  I get in a vicious circle of not drinking enough water, then I get a migraine which makes me nauseous and not want to drink so it prolongs it.  Working on being more proactive and at least get a few water bottles full in.

We're grilling burgers for dinner if it doesn't rain.  I'll serve them with salad and bakes fries.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs dinner is definitely annoying. I was planning better before the nausea hit and now it’s been so long. I really need to get back into it! 

@kissyfir1586 I like her recipes! Tomorrow sounds fancy ;)

@feelingjovani I definitely struggle with drinking enough water too! Plus peeing all the time is annoying 😂

I have been trying to be more intentional with my food and eating the 3 meals/2 snacks the OB recommended. I realized I definitely haven’t always been doing that. 

I’ve been also trying to keep up with prenatal barre at least 3x week and walking more with the kiddos. It was going well up until my hip really started hurting! 
  • Options
    Love this thread and it’s needed! 

I go to the office Tuesday - Thursday and am lucky enough to have a gym and personal trainer who does a small group (3-5 people) sessions at 7am. So I usually do weight training on Tuesday, spin class on Wednesday and HIIT class on Thursday. I try and walk the dog 2-3 on the other days. 

I’m terrible with food right now. I find myself craving all the bakery items - cookies, scones, etc. I need to do better in that area. 

@feelingjovani - yes, water intake is hard and I try and limit it past 7 so I don’t pee all the time at night! 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh man I have very few healthy habits LOL - you’ll hear me say peloton weekly. That’s about it. My dinner was Chipotle and it was amazing. Maybe you all will inspire me to be a bit healthier (but likely not!) 😬
  • Options
    I am good about drinking water - I have to be since I'm still breastfeeding, so I pretty much drink water all day. I try to drink 3 800ML bottles during the workday and then 2 between work and bed. Because of this I am also peeing all the time. We are really good at dinner - I cook healthy 98% of the time and we eat vegetarian at least 4 days out of the week if not more...but I am a horrible snacker. I have a huge sweet tooth so like last night I followed my healthy whole30/vegan sweet potato chili and broccoli with a bigger than needed slice of cheesecake...I'm just a sucker for carbs and anything sweet.  
  • Options
    I've been trying to make sure I drink as much water as I can and eat more fruit and veg now that I'm craving them. I would like to try to be more active, but it's very difficult when I'm exhausted all of the time still.
  • Options
    Ditto to @runningonindie! I have very few healthy habits. Barely get enough water in, probably drink too much caffeine and had papa murphy's pizza for dinner last night and lunch today. I do try to do 2-3 Peloton rides a week and I have been craving big entrée salads recently so I will lean into that but the breaded chicken and cheese on them probably negates the leaves. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @krash_ haha! Same!!! The salad I get is essentially a taco. 
  • Options
    I make salads for my lunches at work: mason-jar style that I dump in a bowl to eat. I try to exercise 4 days a week but last week I did not have the energy most days. When I exercise it’s usually a Peloton ride, and could be yoga instead. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been going for walks every morning. 19 weeks with fraternal twins. I enjoy going for walks.