November 2021 Moms
Options

PAIF Check-in 4/21

Note: This thread will include discussion of infertility and loss. If these topics are triggering for you, please take care of yourself while reading and posting here.

This thread is for those of us who went through infertility testing and treatments before becoming pregnant. Many of us have had different struggles to get to this place and face different anxiety and concerns now. This thread is for us to support each other, and we hope it will be a safe space. Though this thread starts on Wednesdays, please feel free to post here at any time during the week, whether for good news or bad. Consider this an ongoing conversation. 

This thread is for those who have experienced infertility. The struggles we discuss may or may not apply to those who became pregnant easily. If you have not experienced infertility, please be considerate and sensitive if you feel the need to post in this thread. 

How far along are you?

Any symptoms?

Rant/Rave?

Next appointment?

Questions?

GTKY: what movie title best describes your life?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: PAIF Check-in 4/21

• Options
    How far along are you? 8+4

Any symptoms? migraines are back this week. also bodyaches, i dont know if its from insomnia and tossing and turning, or a little dehydration (im having a hard time with water right now, thanks pregnancy aversions)

Rant/Rave? I am so ready to be done with progesterone suppositories!! I only do the injections every 3 days so I dont mind them, but the suppositories suck. I was anxious about stopping cold turkey next weekend, but now Im ready! On a rave, a friend of mine is gifting me her leftover progesterone so I dont have to buy more for just a week. Its the little things!

Next appointment? TOMORROW! Ive said it before in other threads, so Im sure everyone is tired of hearing, but Im so anxious. Im hoping the little bean is still thriving in there.

Questions? Has anyone graduated yet from the RE? Wondering how the transition was from fertility clinic to regular OB.

GTKY: what movie title best describes your life?  One flew over the cuckoos nest or life in the fast lane.....i know technically also a book. while my life is not like the movie at all, it has been crazy. medical school and residency were a crazy ride that I would never trade for anything, yet I dont know if I would do it all again. I lived in 6 different cities in 7 years and 2 countries, going to different clinicals. I wish I could say my life has been less crazy after residency, but in the 5 years since then Ive changed jobs 4 times trying to figure out what kind of practice I want to have when I "grow up." Thankfully I think my husband and I have finally found our forever home.
  • Options
    mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
    edited April 2021
    @chartput
    FX for your appt tomorrow!! I always a strong idea of what I wanted to practice -- general peds in a private practice - but I grew up with a dad who is a pediatrician and a mom who is an internist, so the crazy was already part of my life from childhood lol. It was super hard for my husband to adjust to since he can mostly turn off his job at 5 pm and weekends (barring an actual crisis) and he felt like I was always working...but I liked staying busy. Being an at-home mom has actually been more difficult for me!

And the graduation from RE to OB was really hard for me with my daughter even though I loved my OB and he even gave me his mobile # so I could call with any concerns. It was just strange being "just another pregnant woman" and only have an appt every few weeks after being so closely monitored at the RE's office.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mbradfo2 said:
    @chartput
    FX for your appt tomorrow!! I always a strong idea of what I wanted to practice -- general peds in a private practice - but I grew up with a dad who is a pediatrician and a mom who is an internist, so the crazy was already part of my life from childhood lol. It was super hard for my husband to adjust to since he can mostly turn off his job at 5 pm and weekends (barring an actual crisis) and he felt like I was always working...but I liked staying busy. Being an at-home mom has actually been more difficult for me!

And the graduation from RE to OB was really hard for me with my daughter even though I loved my OB and he even gave me his mobile # so I could call with any concerns. It was just strange being "just another pregnant woman" and only have an appt every few weeks after being so closely monitored at the RE's office.
    My next appointment is May 7th after having weekly ultrasounds. I hate it.  :(
  • Options
    @freakymagoo
    I hear you! I'm hoping to be able to time things as well as I did with DD -- my RE did weekly scans up to (and including) 10 weeks and then I had a scan/appt with the OB at 12 weeks. And at that point, I was able to start using the home doppler to give myself some reassurance between appointments. It's sometimes hard to believe that ultrasounds weren't routinely used until the 1970's (in general) and my mom said she only had 1 scan with my sister and me. How did those women survive all of the waiting...!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Options
    @mbradfo2 I thought I knew what I wanted to do after residency but once I actually got the job I thought I wanted i figured out really quick I didnt like it. Im family practice, so first I did community medicine, then I joined a private practice, then I did a wound care fellowship and did that for a year, but it was in nursing homes and the pandemic started about a month after I started, so it was crazy. Now Im back to outpatient pcp with some wound care mixed in and I think I found my niche finally.

We moved to a new town about 2 weeks before our transfer, so I had to find a new OB. Ironically enough, an OB I knew professionally moved to the same town and went to residency with my RE, so Im hoping it will be a good experience. My RE had me schedule my first appt 2 weeks from tomorrow so I can continue with my biweekly sono's, at least at first. I know it will be hard to not see what's going on in there for weeks on end though. I may have to pay for a few private ultrasounds.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 11+ 2

Any symptoms? Tired, heartburn

Rant/Rave? It was so weird last week not having an appt after having one every week since my beta. I get to meet the MFM dr this Thursday for my 12 week scan so I'm guessing I'll find out more about how often I go with twins.

Next appointment? Thurs for 12 week scan... I never had the NT or NIPT stuff done with my other two in another state and my current OB seemed shocked even tho she saw me the second half of my last pregnancy. Praying for good news and excited to see the two munchkins looking more like babies