Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Migraine after Miscarriage?

Experienced my first miscarriage on Monday at 6w1d pregnant. I spotted and bled for a week prior to that, and also had a right sided headache for the entire week too. It was minimal and not concerning. But since I miscarried on Monday the headache has been constant and more intense. I know the severe drop in estrogen can cause headaches after miscarriage/delivery. I have been drinking 80oz of water a day and taking tylenol migraine. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it last for you?

**I’m not asking the internet for medical advice, just for personal experience with something similar.**

Re: Migraine after Miscarriage?

• @night_nurse MC can do very wonky things to your body.  I've had 5 of them, and don't recall having horrible headaches/migraines with mine.  However, I did have headaches from increased tinnitus from my MCs and depression.  It could also be the stress/anxiety of dealing with a MC that's causing your headaches.  Unfortunately, depending on what it's from, it could take months to even out and/or go away.  :(  I'm sorry for your loss and hope you find headache relief soon!  Daily headaches are no fun.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• I am sorry for your loss. I had a severe headache when I started bleeding from a CP but I chalked that up to tension and anxiety.
  • Loading the player...
  • @stormageddon-darklordofall and @fifilala516 Thank you. I definitely considered the increased stress and grief as a contributing factor. I am sorry to hear about your losses as well. Totally sucks becoming a member of this “club” no one ever wishes they get to join.
  • Sorry for your loss. Hormone fluctuations always trigger a migraine for me so I think dropping levels during a miscarriage could definitely be causing the pain. How long have you been taking Tylenol? I was told that taking Tylenol everyday can start to cause rebound headaches. It’s been awhile since this was posted so I am hoping you have found some relief by now!
  • @whatishappening321 thank you for your insight. I eventually quit taking the tylenol cold turkey and toughed it out for a couple days until I was consistently waking up headache free. I had never heard that about tylenol but based on my own experience I definitely could see that being true. I’ve never had consistent headaches or been diagnosed with migraines. It was all so strange.
  • @night_nurse we were part of the same BMB;I just left. I'm so sorry for your loss and yes, being in this club is not fun. I do hope you are feeling better physically and mentally too. A loss is very difficult and draining both physically and mentally. You are in my thoughts today as well as everyone who has experienced loss. Take care of yourselves everyone❤