September 2021 Moms

Weekly Check In 9/1-9/15 (4/5)

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger?

Re: Weekly Check In 9/1-9/15 (4/5)

• Loading the player...
  • @feelingjovani congrats on the girl!! Super exciting! 💖

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9/11, 17w2d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: anatomy scan and midwife appointments at the end of the month 

How are you feeling?: starting to get a little impatient for my appointments... I haven’t been in since 12w so it’s starting to feel like a long time. I’m feeling movement daily now so at least I have that for reassurance otherwise I’d be going nuts! 

Rants/Raves: we decided tonight that we are going to redo our front yard & flowerbed this weekend. There is a ton of work to be done so I’m hoping that I have enough energy! I don’t like the unpredictability this pregnancy of when I feel good & bad. 

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? In the time when Facebook had 10000000 “who do you look like” things where you put in a picture, I always got Michelle Rodriguez. I don’t see it but 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @feelingjovani I am out of breath all the time. I know I'm not in great shape, but I'm sure I used to be able to do one flight of stairs without heavy breathing

@marymh80 @muggsd I'm also in a long stretch, 2 weeks into a 4 week wait. I used the doppler this morning because I just started wondering and needed to make my brain stop running.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/8, 17w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pop tart

Upcoming Appointments: April 20 ultrasound and OB.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Definitely have the bump going now and am out of breath all the time. Also still tired (though not as bad as first tri).

Rants/Raves: Today is the last day of my 4 day weekend and I have to be in the office twice this week 😭

Questions:

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? I used to get Kate Walsh a lot.
  • @feelingjovani congrats on the girl! 
    @marymh80 12 cm cyst 😱 is it uncomfortable?

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  9/9, 17w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a PlayStation controller

Upcoming appointments: had my cervical length measured today (4.5 cm) and my anatomy scan is scheduled for 4/30. 

How are you feeling?: some diastasis recti is starting 😩 I need to see what I can do about this before I get very big. My OB literally just told me to look it up on YouTube, so not much help. 

Rants/Raves: there’s a lot I’m getting used to in my first week of management. I just keep telling myself, “change can be scary but change can be good. I affect the outcome.”

Questions: anyone improve DR with exercises during early-ish pregnancy or am I doomed?

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? When I was younger/thinner I would get Kirsten Dunst or Malin Ackerman, but not so much anymore. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18W3D

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Sweet potato!

Upcoming appointments: Not until the 21st :( 

How are you feeling?: I have my days! I have a good streak, then a few days of throwing up and just feeling blah. 

Rants/Raves: I want a new house 😭 I’m tired of flipping this one and it’s just so small! We’re not in the position to buy another right now and it’s in our 5 year plan. It’s just going to get so much more cramped with another baby.

Questions: None. 

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? I used to get the Olsen twins a lot growing up
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17 + 5

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: chipmunk

Upcoming appointments: I have a phone appointment with my family doctor to review the retest of my thyroid and have an appointment with an endocrinologist that I don't know much about yet.  

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall. Absolutely starving which isn't super surprising considering how much energy I burn during the day at work.  Pretty tired at the end of the day so I end up going to sleep with my son at 7:30.  Really starting to show but I wear a big jacket when I am around my coworker so some of them still haven't clued in. 

Rants/Raves: natm

Questions: natm

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? Not that I am aware of. 
  • @feelingjovani so exciting!! And I feel you on the being out of breath...it’s been one of my most consistent symptoms since the beginning...so weird!

@marymh80 I’ve been feeling some movement more with all the extra sugar I’ve been eating too!

@mugged good luck with the yard work this weekend! I feel like I’d have to sleep for a week if I did that!

@williams-jen I’m a FTM, but follow a lot of fitness people who have had babies on Instagram. Most of them have talked about just ways to decrease the likelihood of DR, but not necessarily improve it during pregnancy. But I know literally nothing so take that with a grain of salt!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/11 (17+3)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a pomegranate 

Upcoming appointments: I’m with everyone else in the long wait! Anatomy scan is 4/26

How are you feeling?: still so tired!! But I think it’s getting better? I’m for sure starting to show, and I’m curious as to what people will say at work last week because I feel like I’m the last few days I went from having almost no bump to a definite start of one. 

Rants/Raves: I’m home for spring break all week! It has been so nice to just hang at home. I’ve been working on the baby registry which is hard and stressful, but I’m trying to take it just one category of stuff at a time. I keep telling DH I was not prepared for how different a baby registry was going to feel from a wedding registry! Getting there little by little though. 

Questions: nope

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? So I don’t think that I look like anyone, but I had been told more than once when she was still acting that I SOUND like Cameron Diaz, which I think is so interesting. 
  • I've been AWOL the past couple weeks busy with work - my sincerest apologies! I have missed y'all!
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w+6d
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An artichoke!
    Upcoming appointments: We had our anatomy scan on Friday. Still team green, but the US tech said she wouldn't have been able to tell us anyway because baby had their hands between their legs and she tried to look and obstructed the view - so in my opinion it's pretty clearly a boy LMAO
    How are you feeling?: It's been 4 days without throwing up dinner - a new record! I am tentatively optimistic...
    Rants/Raves: Ovia told me I am exactly halfway through pregnancy (from the date of the average positive pregnancy test to the date of a typical "normal" delivery of baby). Pretty freaking cool.
    Questions: What have I missed the past two weeks around here?
    GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? When I was younger, people used to say I look like Julia Stiles. They don't say that anymore - not sure if it's because I have changed or she has become less relevant to make the connection.

• @williams-jen I feel the cyst sometimes if I move a certain way or get super constipated. A few times my poop and the cyst have been fighting for space and that hasn't been fun. 

But mostly, I have a feeling I'm just used to it? I have a history of them coming and going. I blame my mom for telling me to "suck it up" when I'd complain about things as a kid. 
  • I have also been MIA the past week! Work has been so busy. Did I miss anything interesting?

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Sept 4th - 18+4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an artichoke

Upcoming appointments: I have my Anatomy scan on Monday!! Soo anxious I have been waiting what feels like forever. We are going to find out the sex, which is nerve wracking as my other 2 were surprises!

How are you feeling?: OK, the headaches are unbearable sometimes. It's like a never ending 3 week long headache that comes and goes. Tylenol doesn't do much, and I feel horrible popping like 4 a day. Otherwise feeling good, I'm starving all day until about 5pm and then I struggle to eat much. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Do you have a celebrity doppelgänger? I've gotten Sandra Bullock a couple times but I don't really see it... plus she's like double my age  :D