September 2021 Moms

Weekly randoms 4/5

2»

Re: Weekly randoms 4/5

• @runningonindie I get that- but it’s from my healed belly button piercing. The skin stretches weird there when I’m pregnant 🙄

I’m kinda annoyed at my MIL. Our ILs aren’t very involved despite saying they wanted the kids to sleep over all the time yadda yadda before they were born. My SIL is getting married at the end of May and my MIL used DS2s birthday as an excuse to get her to the party. I thought that was annoying enough because she hogged the weekend nearest his bday for the bridal shower. But MIL didn’t get him a gift or give him a card or anything - she used his bday as an excuse for SIL and then didn’t acknowledge his actual bday to him. 🙄
  • Loading the player...
  • @agea That's so exciting!! I just started feeling alot of movement in the past week. It's not consistent, but it's definitely way more than I had been feeling. I haven't felt it from the outside yet though, hopefully soon.
  • ageaagea member
    @CanadianGamerMom I think the key was just resting with that hand placement (kind of both hands spanning my uterus) while I watched tv for an hour. I was surprised how much movement I caught that I probably otherwise would have missed.
    how many weeks are you?
  • @agea I'll have to try that. I am 17w today, which seems crazy. Time just doesn't make sense to me anymore 😂
  • ageaagea member
    @CanadianGamerMom I started really noticing it in the middle of week 18
  • stephk2120stephk2120 member
    edited April 2021
    @emeraldcity1214 I’m so sorry to hear what that family did to your house, that’s just so gross and disrespectful. I wouldn’t want people touching my stuff and my kids stuff especially with covid. But, even without covid, I still wouldn’t want someone touching me and my kids stuff. You aren’t buying my stuff, you’re potentially buying my home, not the stuff in it. So, no one should be going through your house as if it’s theirs. That’s absolutely rude, not to mention gross.

@runningonindie Yes, I have this issue more recently. Also, itching has been a real issue. I was cooking dinner last night, and my belly button also popped out, which never happened during my other pregnancies (though I was never pregnant with twins before).
  • ageaagea member
    @stephk2120 my belly button always pops and I’ve only had singles! I don’t think it’s really out yet though. My mom used to put a bandaid over hers to try to disguise it. It doesn’t really bother me though.
  • My husband was laid off from his job this week, he was only working 2 days a week before that.  Anyways, he is home all week and my son goes to daycare 3 days a week and somehow he lacks the ability to clean the house during the day.  He will do chores when I ask him directly but won't just see something that needs to be dealt with and deal with it.  It gets so frustrating when I get home after 10 hours of work to a house that is a disaster.  I have resorted to leaving him notes in the morning of what I expect to be done by the time I get home, which makes me feel more like a mother than a wife.  I will be implementing a long drawn out talk about this with him at some point but we really don't have a lot of free time to just sit and chat.  So, if I can't find a decent time slot within the week to do that, I'm going to send my son over for a playdate with Nana.  

I have also reinstated potty training this weekend and am basically 100% sure he will end up putting pull ups on our son simply because he doesn't want to deal with the mess off accidents.  Which mostly happen because he isn't reminded to use the toilet.  Yesterday I put my son back in underwear and he pooped twice and peed twice in them.  By the 2nd accident my husband was ready to throw the towel I  and put a pull up on him.  I just really don't want to have to deal with this while I am either 8 months pregnant on mat leave or at home with a newborn.  

One last thing is building up the courage and resilience to get my son sleep trained.  I need to get him going to bed on his own which I know takes a lot of tears and getting up out of bed.  I have tried it a couple times but get so worn down so fast after such long days that I give in and just go to bed with him in his room.  

This is the end of my huge rant. 

• @deziraywatt ugh sorry you’re dealing with this. in a lot of ways, i can empathize - I often feel like I have to “mother” my DH and I know that if he were home as often it would bother me way more. sending a virtual hug and hope that you can find the time to have a talk with him soon.... sounds like it’s definitely going to be a discussion worth having before baby #2 arrives!  
  • @steph2120 I don’t particular care about COVID. I haven’t been closed up in my house for a year waiting for it to go away. 🤷🏻‍♀️ So I’m not even worried about that. I just don’t like the violation of people disrespecting my personal space. This was a year before COVID too. 

@deziraywatt Wow, that’s a lot to be dealing with. Personally I would tackle one thing at a time. So either potty training or sleep training. For the sleep training, have you looked into the sleep lady shuffle? I feel like that’s a better fit for older kids who need help learning to go to sleep alone. As for your man child, I mean, your husband, I have no advice. That stinks he can’t take the initiative and help around the house. 
  • @deziraywatt for both issues with DS, potty training and sleeping, I would recommend Big Little Feelings toddler course. They have sections that are specifically geared towards those issues. Particularly with sleep we used them to get DS back to going to bed on his own and staying asleep after a failed attempt at a big boy bed. I will go back to the course when we are ready to try the big boy bed again. It was money well spent in my opinion even with tight finances. I also agree that focusing on one at a time would be good. For potty training, I would either go full in and ditch the pull ups or take a step back to focus on sleep and maybe not have that stress for you all and go back to diapers. It is hard for kids to have the uncertainty of the in between. Oh Crap is a great resource for potty training. Also, kids will catch on to these things pretty quickly. A couple weeks of consistency on either one and he will get it so you have time to do them separately before baby comes. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krash_ @emeraldcity1214 I have every intention of doing potty training and sleep training as two separate ordeals.  I just get overwhelmed knowing I want them both pretty much dealt with before this baby comes.  I'm mostly pissed because during my lay off I had him 90% there for potty training no pee accidents and 50% of poops made it to the toilet.  But as soon as I went back to work and my husband was with him the pull ups went back on during the day.  
  • @deziraywatt I would either get rid of the pull ups or hide them. 
  • @deziraywatt that sounds super frustrating. Potty training is annoying. I sympathize because we had a similar consistency issue with family babysitters when I was working and it wrecked DS2s nap schedule. Hopefully you can have a come to Jesus and get on the same page.