Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - April 2021

jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
edited April 2021 in November 2021 Moms

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying - April 2021

• I watched a tiktok with a slow motion care free toddler and I completely lost it last night because I don't want my DS to grow up and I want my 9yo to still need me.
    I also cried at the wholesome video of an elderly bat take a "flight"
  • I feel like everything is making me weepy. I’m currently watching Supergirl and I feel like I’m crying at every episode 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @MaximumEffort TikTok has been a major source of crying for me. I keep watching dog rescue videos and bawling my eyes out. 
  • I’ve had a migraine since Friday afternoon. The most frustrating part is having a prescription for migraines that would make it disappear within an hour...and not being able to take it because it’s a no-no drug during pregnancy 😭
  • We’re telling the in-laws today I think and I was upset that now the MIL will have a target on me for family gatherings. They are a very old fashioned family and the women go with the women, the men vice versa. I’ve been able to avoid the split I think because of no children but I’ve got it in my head now that motherhood will forever put me in that “bubble” lol. Hubby will have to save me. 
    Then I cried more because I have a great relationship with my FIL and am convinced that will change (?). I lost my dad at 16 so that crying feels more excusable at least. 
  • @MaximumEffort the elderly bat has done me in before 
  • Songs from the Color Purple soundtrack have been destroying me 
  • I love watching crime true life/documentary things and I was on Discovery+ yesterday and thought it would be a great time to watch Groomed and then Who Killed My Son.

Um no I was crying throughout all of Groomed and then couldn't really start Who Killed My Son. I should know better, I couldn't touch anything crime based about kids for like a year after having DS. I just want to throw all of my babies in a bubble.
  • I cried because my dog got peed on for the 3rd time at the dog park and I knew my car would smell like dog pee for weeks.  :# I must have looked crazy! I rinsed him off and my car does not smell like pee 
  • Tonight I cried reading my son a bedtime story. I hope he didn't notice. I barely got through the book.
  • Tonight I cried reading my son a bedtime story. I hope he didn't notice. I barely got through the book.
    Which one?
  • Because DH is just amazing. He takes care of dinner and the cleaning everyday, even on days where I feel more human so I can just “enjoy those days” and he’s currently outside with my FIL building a new fence (“we’re” doing up our backyard, by we I mean him). He keeps coming in to make sure I’m okay as well. He’s just amazing and I count myself very lucky and now it’s making me emotional
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @artsiefartsie That is so stinkin sweet 🥰😭
  • Watched the Tina Turner biography and Expecting Amy and bawled my eyes out to both. 
  • The opening scene of Tarzan just now 😭😭 I was feeling too much for both the gorilla and human moms thinking about what if the Gorilla hadn't found the baby Tarzan in time? He would've been scared and alone before starving (an irrational fear that I had when DS was a newborn)
  • Just cried my eyes out because I’m SO hungry even though I’ve already eaten a bagel, a bowl of cereal, and hummus on crackerbread 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I cried pretty hard this morning that we are having another boy.  I think it just hit me that I'll never have the hypothetical daughter I always wanted. After 3 losses and having miserable pregnancies we decided that this will be our last, no matter what happens.

I absolutely love this little guy already so there is no resentment at all, and I know even if I had a girl there is little chance she'd be exactly as I imagined, it's just grieving a dream I always had.

On a funnier note, my husband said to cheer me up, that now we've increased our chances of one of our kids being a drag queen 🤣🤣 If you wanted to be a drag queen you couldn't be born into a better family.  
  • @artsiefartsie hugs ❤️ It really is so fun having kids who are the same sex/gender. 
  • @jackie_dunny damn now I really want a bagel and cream cheese 🤤

@artsiefartsie aww hugs, you're entitled to any and all feelings. 
  • artsiefartsieartsiefartsie member
    edited April 2021
    @doodleoodle DS is sooo excited for a brother and has been saying its a boy the whole time.  I'm very excited, and it helps that we still have all of DSs old cloths/stuff and he was born about the same time of year so they should work really well for the new baby.  So really it all works perfectly.  ❤
  • @artsiefartsie it's so lucky that they're similar time of year too. DS was born in october so I was just thinking the other day that I'm really glad for this Nov since we have all 4 seasons here. 
  • @marbellie Right? DS was a Dec baby. It never even crossed my mind that time of year would matter in being able to use his old clothes until my MIL mentioned it the other day, but we get all 4 seasons here too so I'm glad it timed out. 
  • anyone else watch greys anatomy? Pretty sure every week has had me in tears 
  • @kbonita285 I don't watch Greys simply because I know I would cry non-stop 😆

I cried again this morning because I saw a tiktok showing a clip of Steve Irwin being obsessed with baby Bindi that they played for Bindi at her baby shower. Absolutely ugly cried. 
  • @kbonita285 I don't watch Greys simply because I know I would cry non-stop 😆

I cried again this morning because I saw a tiktok showing a clip of Steve Irwin being obsessed with baby Bindi that they played for Bindi at her baby shower. Absolutely ugly cried. 
    I saw that baby shower on Discovery+ 2 weeks ago and ugly cried at that video too! Embarrassing since heavily pregnant Bindi only shed a couple beautiful tears
  • We watched Shark Tank the other night and 3 kiddos were selling a product in honor of their dad who passed away...I 100% ugly cried. Then I thought about it again hours later and was reduced to tears again! 
  • @marbellie@jackie_dunny Yesterday morning, I was in the mood for a bagel with cream cheese and we had cream cheese in the house but NO bagels so in the 30 minutes between my work stand-up and my next meeting, I rushed to the store, bought plain bagels and strawberries, came home and made myself a toasted bagel with cream cheese, topped with chia seeds and sliced strawberries. SO. EFFING. GOOD. I made another one this morning.
  • I’ve cried twice this week about how tired I am from teaching. We’re state testing this week. We have four weeks left after today. The students are fried. I’m fried. My own children are fried. 😢😢😢
  • gingerale87gingerale87 member
    edited April 2021
    @magsmcg11 no lie, the commercials played a larger than I care to admit role in my purchasing of a subaru a few years ago.