TTC After a Loss

Understanding Ovulation

So I’m about as clueless as can be with The whole  cycle busy. I mean I really always thought it was as simple as you download the little period tracker app and you do laundry on the days it says highly fertile if you want babies and BAM you have babies! Or if you have a period coming you just look for the day it says starting today and BAM there’s af! And for the most part for me it always was until I had my ectopic before my last baby. Since then it too a year of trying to conceive my last and after my last it took about another year to conceive and that resulted in a mc. Now I’m starting to feel like I’d like to actually understand fertility beyond what I always thought it was. But that charting business and all seems really overwhelming to figure out. I guess what I’m wondering is if I could figure it out for a month or so and know when I was actually ovulation if I could just pay attention to the other symptoms I had while charting and be able to rely on those symptoms without having to continue charting? 🤔

Re: Understanding Ovulation

• @griffonmama if you don't want to get into charting/temping, the easiest other means of tracking ovulation include using OPKs, checking CM and cervical positioning. Even with those methods, it can still take a number of months to recognize what's typical for you in your cycles. There is no single method that you can do for 1 or 2 months and fully understand your cycles as they are all going to be a little different (different days for ovulation, different intensity of fertile signs, etc.). I would say it probably takes at least 6 months of tracking various ways to get a sense and understanding of how your body operates.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause