September 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/29

What’s the happs with the cool cats this week?

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/29

• ageaagea member
    My big kid is off this week and next Monday for spring break. I am not ecstatic about it. I am off today and am letting him watch too much tv as my energy is low (per usual). Both me and H will be working the rest of the days he’s off so it’s a juggling act.
    I feel like we JUST had February winter break (also a full week) so this is excessive.
    I’ll try to take him outside to play in a while but it’s supposed to be super windy today.
  • Loading the player...
  • I fell on the ice this morning. I’m super sore and my wrist is tender because apparently that helped break my fall some. I called the OB and I didn’t need to come in but geeze, I was so worried today. My hips took the brunt of the fall and they have felt pretty beat up. I’m feeling lots of movement tonight which is really reassuring and comforting. I need to get a second pair of spikes so I can put them on both of my boots. I may go get studs put on both of my boots when DH gets back in town so I can hopefully avoid anymore falls. Breakup is happening slowly and it just keeps snowing so it melts and snows, melts and snows. I’m hoping for one really warm day where it all melts at once. 
  • sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited March 2021
    @emeraldcity1214 oh no, hope you feel better soon! If it helps, both my friend and I have fallen around month 6 in previous pregnancies and thankfully everything was alright with the babies!
  • @emeraldcity1214 Oh man, I'm glad babe is okay and you didn't need to go in. I hope you heal quickly. Being sore like that in general as a parent sucks hard but even moreso when pregnant!
  • ageaagea member
    @emeraldcity1214 pregnant falls are so scary, glad everything seems ok!
  • @emeraldcity1214 I’m glad you’re ok! I fell during my last pregnancy and I was terrified. So sorry that happened to you! 
  • @emeraldcity1214 ouch, hope your soreness goes away quickly falls are the worst. 

Happy 1st birthday baby @muggsd that’s crazy it’s been covid her whole life so far. 

Covid related. My son started tee-ball a few weeks ago and my husband got suckered into coaching. But it’s been SO GOOD for him. My husband needs lots of interaction or he gets mopey so it’s been like a year of him moping around. It kills my vibe. He’s much better to be around now.

On the other side, someone reported the league for not following covid protocols to the  local government so now there are all sorts of rules to follow. Parents are required to social distance and wear masks the entire time. Aren’t masks only required outside if you can’t social distance? Seems like overkill  but that might be FFFC. People seem to be giving each other good space there.
  • ageaagea member
    @paulpaw likewise at my son’s Fall soccer, all the parents that came to watch had to keep masks on and not walk onto field.
    when we’re outdoors alone I like that we can take off masks but here I was relieved that they make one hard and fast rule for all. I’ve found that in places where there aren’t requirements, some people feel free to do what they want despite proximity. It got really bad in the city last summer at packed playgrounds and was super frustrating that other caregivers and kids were massless even though people are on top of each other.
    for this reason alone, I appreciate rules so I don’t have to give side eye to people making lame decisions.
  • ageaagea member
    @muggsd an entire life in covid is nuts! All the more reason to celebrate once things normalize...... some day!
  • @agea funny thing is during fall soccer the only covid protocols were to distance (not enforced but respected) and kids got temped. But baseball seems bigger here and I’m sure things get pretty busy at the baseball complex. First year tee-ball is played at the elementary schools and there is just one field so maybe my view is skewed but the small group of parents I’m actually experiencing. 
  • If anyone feels like doing some online thrift shopping for baby and toddler girls, I’m selling some of DD’s gently worn (some new!) baby clothes on Instagram using PayPal. The handle is @runningonindie and I post pictures of each item, videos, real life photos and descriptions. Plenty sold today but plenty left over and more to come in the next few days for anybody who wants to follow along and see the “inventory” as it trickles in! ☺️
  • @paulpaw Someone reported your group to the government?! Wow! That’s pretty ridiculous. 

I have felt much better today. My OB has the best nurse. She has called me twice to check on me. She said she has been fretting over me all day and just needed to hear that I’m fine. She has really made me feel very well taken care of. She really goes above and beyond. 

• ageaagea member
    edited March 2021
    @Aerialmrs yeaahhhhh fuck that. I’d be beyond irate if he refused to shoulder the load.
    can you hire a cleaner?

ETA or find a new husband? 😬
  • @Aerialmrs I'm sorry. That is a lot on you. You need to have a come to Jesus talk with him. Frankly that is unacceptable. He eats food so therefore he makes dishes so therefore he can help do them. The same applies for laundry or cleaning the toilet. Would he be open to couples counseling to help facilitate that discussion? 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @Aerialmrs I'm sorry you're dealing with that - I would be PISSED. Sounds like he needs a rude awakening, especially before bringing another little one into the mix. 
  • @aerialmrs Stop cleaning up after him. Just leave it and when he asks why it’s not getting done, say, “I have been wondering that myself.” Then tell him that those are all his dishes etc and he needs to be responsible enough to clean up after himself. 
  • @Aerialmrs I just want to say that I totally understand. The # 1 argument in my marriage has been over chores. MH came from a household where his mother stayed at home and waited on his dad hand and foot. His father, to this day, doesn't lift a finger in the household other than to mow the lawn. It's an interesting dynamic, for sure.

Honestly, Im not sure I have any great solutions. It's taken about 12 years of having conversations/arguments with my husband and he's finally gotten to the point where he does dishes after dinner. He still sleeps till whenever he wants on the weekends, but I've given up on that one. I rely on him heavily for "man chores" - painting, lawn work, fixing stuff - and started delegating more random things to him, like running errands (which I used to do myself), so I've come to realize he's contributing in those ways.  What I think I've figured out is he has these very firm perceptions of gendered roles within the household (ie the woman does the cleaning, the man does the other stuff). Right or wrong (I've given up trying to convince him otherwise), if I work within those constructs, I've actually found he's more than willing to help. He just has a hangup on doing "women's work" 🙄

At the end of the day, I told myself, we either divorce over chores, or I accept that this is part of who my husband is, and move on in ways I can. I chose the latter.  Anyway, I know everyone's situation is different, this has just been my experience. I hope you guys can come to an understanding on it. It's something that can sew bitterness that will eat at you, to be sure.  Hugs ♥️
  • @aerialmrs :( that sounds exhausting. I hope you guys are able to come to a place where things feel more balanced!
  • @Aerialmrs We used to have a lot of similar issues.  I used to do all of the chores and whatnot because I had what seemed like all the time in the world. I hardly even noticed that my husband wasn't helping.  After my son was born I started becoming frustrated and angry that he wasn't helping, drowning in the mile long to-do list.  On top of that my husband was going through a bout of depression along with some health issues, meaning he was sleeping ALOT.  And when he was awake he was either at work, watching tv or writing music.  It has been a long road so far with further to go but slowly he has been improving mentally and health wise. 

I would recommend starting by giving him one chore that you absolutely expect to be done by the end of the day and slowly adding more to that list so that it becomes a habit for him(obviously without making it so he is shouldering the entire workload).  
  • @Aerialmrs that sounds like a lot to take on, sounds like you’re close to being burnt out. The sleeping in thing sounds really rough - could you guys come to an agreement where you take turns? 

The realtor was over today to go over what I should be concentrating on fixing up in the limited time we have and she recommended listing our house for 40k more than I ever thought we could get! Hopefully this goes well!! 
  • @Aerialmrs I totally get it. Sometimes DH acts like a man child and it takes me flipping out to get him to (temporarily) help. I hope you can get through to him and that he understands how much you have on your plate, first and foremost growing a tiny human! 
  • @Aerialmrs I don't have any better advice than you've already been given, just chiming in to say that sounds rough and I really hope he starts pulling his weight soon.