TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 3.29

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 27; 9w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Tge size of a tator tot; baby’s tail is gone

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Genetic counseling on Thursday; get to find out the sex then, too!

How are you feeling?: Miserable! ❤️ Gagging and nausea are still awful and the fatigue really kicked into gear this week again.

Rants/Raves: 3 day work week then a 6 day weekend for Easter break! Also potty training DD this weekend, which I’m pumped about! 

Questions: As anyone done cell-free fetal testing? That’s the bloodwork they are doing on Thursday. Curious how long results might take!

GTKY: 3 and I will fight anyone who says otherwise! 🤣

TTC History

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 11w?d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a .25 oz strawberry 

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound on April 6!

How are you feeling?: Good, just tired and feeling unproductive

Rants/Raves: I got my second covid shot on Friday! I had a small fever but the highest it got was 99F. After lazing around most of the day Saturday, I felt a lot better by evening.

Questions: 

GTKY: definitely #3, though I've never had #4. Also, finely crushed ice is 💯

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12+2!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: plum! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, this is baby 3

Upcoming appointments: Friday morning!

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. I’m feeling less exhausted. I still am worn out all the time but I don’t feel like I’m going to fall asleep at 6pm. Nausea is a lot better but still comes and goes. I have more headaches now. 

Rants/Raves: I am so excited for my appt on Friday!! I can’t wait to tell the kids afterward. The bear we’re giving them from the baby came and it’s so soft and sweet and adorable! They’re going to be so happy. And then we’ll tell my ILs. Then our close friends. It’s going to be great!! 

Questions: I’m nervous about a third csection. My first scar healed terribly. My second healed beautifully. I had two different doctors and will have a new one this time too and I hope it doesn’t turn out like the first scar. Did anyone else experience a raised csection scar after it healed?

GTKY: I prefer no ice 🤣🤣 I like extra cold drinks from the fridge, or I’ll even pop things in the freezer for 15 min to get super cold, but rarely add ice! 

• @vampirina my Dh is so worn out too! He’s been doing basically all the everyday housework (laundry, dishes, picking up, etc) in addition to working his normal job, being the fun dad at night and playing, he makes and cleans up dinner every night because most food makes me feel nauseous. I’m a SAHM and feel totally useless. I just try and show appreciation to him and when I feel guilty I remind myself I’d gladly switch places and he gladly wouldn’t 🤣
  • @galentine According to Google, yes! This is new at my clinic in the last 6-8 months for all patients, belittle they don’t call it NIPT. My SIL had it done in October and she said results took 4-5 days. I’m hoping it’s quicker than that. 🤣
    TTC History

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 12w6d today! 13w tomorrow- can hardly believe it. EDD October 6th 🍂

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a scoop of ice cream 🍨 

FTM/STM/TTM+: first time mom 🌸

Upcoming appointments: my next appointment is not until may 7th, to follow up with my midwife! 

How are you feeling?: my nausea thank goodness seems to only rear it’s ugly head once and a while during the day and it’s manageable. I started taking Pepcid daily for my heartburn and it’s helping a lot!! I am dealing with some headaches now and dizzy spells. My abdomen also feels... sore? Idk I can tell things are stretching! 

Rants/Raves: hubby and I were actually able to hear baby’s heartbeat using the Doppler this last Friday and it was so reassuring. ☺️ I also caved and bought some maternity leggings, joggers and some new pajamas. All of my pants are now beginning to dig too much into my stomach and it’s uncomfortable. Target leggings are really nice by the way! Very soft. 

Questions: what specific things should I be looking for in a car seat? 

GTKY: 3!! Anything else is too big to cronch 😂😂

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/18 11w1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: as tall as a lego man

Upcoming appointments: April 9

How are you feeling?: Super blah, see below haha.

Rants/Raves: Rave - I got my first vaccine dose last Thursday. Rant - I have felt so crappy since then. Exhausted, pounding headache and muscle aches. All of this has my nausea so bad lately. I had to take yesterday off. So happy to have had the vaccine but woof, nervous what the second dose will bring.

Questions: Anyone having such long reactions to the first dose?

GTKY: 1 which usually turns into one big chunk of ice. 4 looks like some sort of Frozen weapon.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 12+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Jelly doughnut hole
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: NT ultrasound and NIPT next Monday. DH can come to this one, yay!
    How are you feeling?: Pretty okay. Still just so, so tired. Had an OB appointment yesterday, and the doctor said my labs were fine, so there's not much she could recommend to help with exhaustion, only time.
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- My mom is almost more excited than me about this. She and my dad have picked out their "grandparent names" (Grammy and Pap), and she wanted to go shopping at the baby consignment store yesterday. I don't even want to think about this yet, to be honest. Rave -- The OB found baby on the Doppler, reported a HR of ~160, and said they seem pretty happy in there! 😀
    Questions: How did you STM+ moms make a decision on how you wanted your labor and delivery to go? I have read that natural births result in shorter labor and recovery time, but I don't even know how to go about assessing my ability to pull that off. I just know I want to minimize the time spent trapped in a hospital bed and the probability of tearing. 😖
    GTKY: 3 for sure. Is 4 what you get when you let it dry up in the freezer bin?
  • vampirinavampirina member
    edited March 2021
    @noprobalo I asked a LOT of women about their birthing experiences and why they chose what they did, what classes they took, etc. I feel like information is truly powerful, so I did a lot of qualitative research (ahem, story-seeking) from others about their experiences. I also took baby birthing classes which were insightful. 

My birth did not go as planned, though, and I did wind up with a csection. For my second we opted for a RCS, and it was honestly great. 

I wanted to add - you're usually allowed to change your mind. If you get there and don't want the water tub, don't use it. If you reach 3 cm and realize it's too much, ask for that epi (or laughing gas, or whatever pain relief you choose)... 
  • @noprobalo I also did a good amount of research. There's a weight watchers influencer who I follow on IG and she recommended a book, I'll try to go back in my messages to find it, it was helpful. I had planned on hoping to go natural whole way focusing on lots of breathing techniques, but was cognizant that things could change and to be open for whatever was best for me and DS. Our house flooded a week before he was born, we had to live in a hotel for that week then quickly had to find a rental for the next six months while our entire house was renovated. With that said, the stress was causing my BP to go super high. My OB suggested I be induced as an elective induction worried that my BP would continue to rise. So I did as long as I could without an epidural, with pitocin and 2 foley ballons, and I think I got it at like 6 cm. But I was so so exhausted I think I had been there for 15 hours at that point so I think the sleep I got was necessary.

Woof, that was a lot, all that to say was my plan was to do a good amount of research, have an idea of how I wanted it to go. and then sort of go with the flow.
  • @vampirina What classes did you take? Maybe they are offered virtually now.

@gingermama46 See, I didn't even know it was possible to sleep during labor with an epidural. That's a great data point.
  • @noprobalo The birthing class that I took laid out a bunch of different options which was really helpful for me. Having a birth plan is nice as long as you understand that things can and will change, so you need to be flexible with your plan. Also, make sure your partner knows what you want so your partner can be an advocate for you. I was told that I could change my mind about an epidural at any point, there was no point of no return, but you have to be able to sit hunched and completely still for 15 minutes (or 45 in my case) while they prep and insert it. I was lucky because I ended up with a walking epidural, which you can't plan, but I could still feel a dull version of everything so I knew when to push and early on I could get into squatting positions to help ease discomfort. 

As for tearing, the one piece of advice I was given by a nurse was when you feel the ring of fire you will want to push as hard as possible, but instead ease up a bit and try to push gently through it. I didn't listen, tried to fire my kid out like a connon ball, and got a 2nd degree tear. Also, DS had a big head and came out fist up by his face, which did not help the situation. Overall, with an epidural and a tear I recovered pretty quickly and easily. We were out of the hospital the next day, and I was climbing over furniture to get to my laptop a few days after that. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 11w4d due 10/15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lime 

Upcoming appointments: Monday 5th I have my 12week US. Going to ask again about the NIPT 

How are you feeling?: starting to gain my energy and appetite back 

Rants/Raves: also raving about my SO. He has been such a help with so many things with no complaints. I can see it’s been wearing down on him so I’m glad I’m getting back to myself a bit to help out more.

Questions: I know some mentioned an at home Doppler, which one did you purchase? I never got one with my first pregnancy 

GTKY: absolutely number 3. Such a good crunch to add in a delicious ice cold drink 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 13w 4 days 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: lemon or trading card! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: baby 3, you can tell by the belly  🙈

Upcoming appointments: next week! 

How are you feeling?: finally feeling great! 

Rants/Raves: on the countdown for shifts left at work! Can’t freaking wait! 49 shifts 

Questions: notta 

GTKY: 2 all day every day. 

• @noprobaloy I wanted a water birth with my daughter but ended up having to be induced so a water birth was not an option. However, I did choose to labor naturally as long as possible and it was a huge help. From water breaking to baby was 4 hours, from epidural to baby was 2 hours, and I pushed for 10 minutes. In the moment, I listened to what my body needed. I had a smallest tear (3 stitches) but was up and walking about 5 hours after delivery. The epidural was removed very shortly after birth (per my request). I don’t regret my birthing experience at all and listening to my body was the way to go for me.
    TTC History

• @mac-n-cheese OMG!!! I am so glad you’re okay!!! How terrifying. So happy baby is okay too. You poor thing. Sending healing thoughts your way!!! 🥺❤️
  • @mac-n-cheese, oh my goodness!!! How terrifying! I'm so so glad you and the baby are ok. ❤
  • OMG how scary @mac-n-cheese! I really hope they find the person who caused all this! 
  • @madiirosee and @galentine thank you for the well wishes and happy thoughts.
    @cait32 amazingly enough nothing was broken but the doctor said a fracture could show in a few days and he thinks it’s a ligament injury. I’m in a surgical boot and on crutches until I can get in to see the podiatrist who was on call.
    @vampirina I hope they catch the person too. Who sees a women lying in the middle of a street after that and takes off?!
  • @mac-n-cheese OMG that is insane. So glad you and baby are ok! And I hope they catch this person, who does that WTH!?
  • @mac-n-cheese oh my word that is terrible!! I am so sorry you are dealing with this on top of already feeling awful from HG. Prayers you feel better really soon and don’t have any serious injuries show up! I hope they find the person- they need to have a consequence for this 
  • @noprobalo when trying to decide what kind of birth experience I wanted, I read (and recommend) one of Ina May Gaskin's books. It might have been the Business of Being Born, but I can't remember. She's a midwife who's helped many women have medication-free childbirth. While I loved all the stories and love her ethos, I realized in the midst of reading that a medication-free birth was probably not going to be for me. 
    So when my doctor realized my daughter's growth had stalled out and said we should induce, I was disappointed but not super broken up. I had hoped to labor at home for as long as I could, but obviously that was no longer possible.
    Also, I tested GBH+ (it's a thing they test you for in the third trimester) and had to be hooked up to an IV for antibiotics before, during, and for 48 hours after the birth. I could still get up and move around, but it was a lot less comfortable.
    All that to say, I had ideas, but then a lot of things changed. I feel that the birth happened the way it needed to, and I left the hospital with a tiny, healthy baby, so I ultimately got what I wanted, and I hope you do too!
  • @gingermama46 I hope they catch the person too...they either didn’t have a license/insurance, were high AF, or stole the car. They slowed and almost pulled over and then took off suddenly. Thank you for the well wishes.
    @momofmiracles31889 thank you for the kind words. I can’t catch a break this pregnancy! It is a felony hit and run since I was injured and so was the driver who got hit. I’d love to see whoever is responsible get charged.