October 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 03.22 to 03.28

Somehow we made it to Tuesday without a randoms thread. Is anyone out there?  ;)

Re: Weekly Randoms 03.22 to 03.28

• Options
    @chindimples04, thinking of you today! I hope your appointment goes well.  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a weird scratchy throat too @cait32 on top of growing irritation every single day. I just keep trying to picture myself on the lake and chilling on a boat soon to hopefully keep my sanity at bay. Also, 4:30pm afternoon baths seem to help calm my nerves. 
  • Options
    @bcliffee1 I’m in the same boat as you except I decided not to do the sneak peek because I was afraid of the same thing happening.
    I’m happy you are excited for a boy too. I can relate on really hoping for a girl. 
    They say that the most inaccurate results are when it says “boy” and it was just contamination, so don’t count yourself out!
  • Options
    Not sure if this goes here but...I got a letter from my OB office that they want me to start making monthly payments towards my delivery NOW. Wtf. They’ve asked in the past for pay in full by 6 months, and I’ve always declined and said I will pay when I get a bill after delivery. But this letter at 10 weeks seems completely insane. What if I miscarry or something goes wrong? I’m actually really angry about this. My H is a doctor and he gets so annoyed every time they ask for payment early. He says he could never get away with charging for surgeries before they’ve happened. Not to mention that I just got a regular bill for my first appt and ultrasound (which I’ll happily pay) so where do they get off asking for payment for things that haven’t happened and won’t happen for months. This is probably more of a rant than a random but I’m super fired up about it. 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow Ew. I'm angry for you. I could see sending a letter with the estimated out of pocket costs, but a request for payment that far in advance? Ew, no. With DS, the hospital did tell me I couldn't leave with him until I paid the deductible, but they never asked for money (aside from lab work) before my baby was in my arms. 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow I've heard of this happening but find it so bizarre. I'd probably switch practices if mine tried to do this. 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow that is insane. I completely agree with everything you said. I would decline again and do what you did last time and if it became any type of issue I’d change offices and leave appropriate feedback on medical review sites.
  • Options
    @vampirina and @mac-n-cheese I would totally switch offices except I LOVE my ob. She’s wonderful and such an advocate for her patients. I actually worked with her a couple times when i worked in labor and delivery and she’s just amazing. So I’ll stay with her practice but hell yes I’m declining early payment again! Thanks for validating my anger!
  • Options
    @aztecash I’m sorry what??? They told you that you couldn’t leave?? That’s insane!
  • Options
    Eh, DH's insurance came with a preloaded debit card for medical expenses, so I just handed them a card, signed a paper and went on with my day. I'm sure I could have set up a payment plan if I needed to. With that insurance, I paid $0 out of pocket for all my care, including a 5 day/4 night hospital stay because DS was a stubborn little butt. I'm a little more concerned with DH's insurance through his new job.
  • Options
    @chindimples04 yay for a great ultrasound! I’m glad everything looked good and that you got an explanation for your symptoms. 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow so my OB sends a letter and gives a ton of different options for payment timelines. They also only charge a global fee for pregnancy so you know the charges for your care up front and will total $4K (labs not included, also doesn’t include the delivery since that is a hospital charge). I don’t mind the options but to ask a patient to pay starting now?! Nope no thanks and actually if you don’t pay it they should not penalize you and probably can’t get away with it. The US healthcare is a freaking mess. Everyone is so concerned with getting paid before you even get through pregnancy

@mac-n-cheese I knew if it said Girl I’d feel confident in it but boy I knew I would question it. So I guess I’ll be in the waiting game until my anatomy scan in 8-10weeka 😭
  • Options
    noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited March 2021
    @heatherdubrow The heck? Is this one of those weird boutique practices that don't take insurance?

@bcliffee1 I wanted to do some research on NIPT, since I keep seeing people talking about contamination, and I wondered whether I was more likely to be misled than informed. I found a study where they looked at about 1.3M tests and compared them to the anatomy scan results. Only 1 in 14,000 was different for any reason, and 1 in 46,000 was because of contamination or lab errors. So the chances of it being wrong aren't zero, but it's very likely correct. I'm sorry.
  • Options
    @noprobalo I didn’t get the NIPT my OB said I don’t qualify and my insurance barely covered it and out of pocket was like $450. I did the sneak peek test which is an at home test you take and send to a lab. Lots of mixed reviews on it so I knew going into it I wouldn’t feel totally confident In the findings. But it was only like $75 
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2021
    @chindimples04, I'm so glad your ultrasound today went well! ❤ 

@bcliffee1, I'm sorry for the disappointment. Of course we all hope for a healthy baby, but I think it's natural to grieve a little when things turn out differently than you envisioned your family. Hugs ❤

@heatherdubrow, wth to your payment letter at 10 weeks!!! My clinic also asked me to pay in full prior to delivery, but mine didn't ask until at least the 3rd trimester. I refused and just paid afterward, but I understand why they asked. Expecting payment at 10 weeks though is insane!! 
  • Options
    @cait32 yes, our of pocket after insurance. So crazy! 
  • Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited March 2021
    I'm so confused. Isnt prenatal care covered 100% under all insurance? I thought it had to be under US law. 
  • Options
    @cait32 I think I remember reading on another BMB that all Harmony gets sent to a lab in CA, which takes extra time, plus the lab processes COVID tests, which are priority so it's taking longer than usual. At least you're not dealing with trying to ship during massive snow storms, but that's still really frustrating. 
  • Options
    @cait32 That is great news! Congrats!
  • Options
    @cait32 congratulations on great results!
  • Options
    @cait32 Woohoo! That's awesome! And one week wait is really not bad at all.
  • Options
    @aztecash so jealous! We are big Chicago Cubs fans and pre-kids we had season tickets and went to so many games! But we’re 5 hours from Chicago so have only been to a few games the last 5 years with kiddos. But I still miss it so much!! 
  • Options
    @vampirina maternity pants were busted out about 2 weeks ago and I have zero regrets! My bloat is so bad this time around! I look as pregnant as I did at 14 weeks with DD and I’m only 9!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    @cait32 seems like a reasonable reason for a couch break!

The weather is GORGEOUS here so I've been using my occasional "internet breaks" for walking outside.  I'm so glad I
    it is SPRING!
  • Options
    @cait32 I’m sorry you are not feeling well. I hope getting to relax helps! It has been quiet in here for a week. I haven’t been able to work in two months and I’m so bored 😑 
    @vampirina it’s beautiful outside where I’m at too (Central California); loving the sunshine!
  • Options
    @bcliffee1 Oh, sorry! I didn't realize there was a difference. Hopefully it's still pretty accurate, but I don't know in that case.

@cait32 Congratulations!

This training class has been nuts. It's been more work than is reasonable for the time allotted, particularly since I spend my breaks answering email. I cried a little. Can't wait till it's over tomorrow.
  • Options
  • Options
    @kitandcat I love Iowa! I went to college there and some days I wish I had a reason to move back there. 
  • Options
    @cait32 that is so fun to have so many cousins in the family! That’s how my husband’s side is. His brother and his wife have an 8 and 4.5 year old and she is expecting in May! His sister and her husband have a 7.5, 5, and 2.5 year old and she is expecting in August! And then we have a 2.5 year old and 6 month old and I’m due in October. So 2021 is bringing 3 new babies and the total grandkids up to 10! It’s a lot of fun 
  • Options
    galentinegalentine member
    edited March 2021
    @kitandcat and @cait32, sounds like I'm right between you guys! I'm about 3 hours from Chicago, and I think @kitandcat would go right by me on her way there. 😊

@vampirina, I went to college there too!

And also a big Cubs fan! ❤

• Options
    Just to he clear i didn't got to Iowa, I went to Drake in Des Moines. I'm very neutral on the Iowa vs Iowa State battle 😆. 

@cait32 that will be so fun to have so many cousins so close in age! My husband's family is also like that - he and his cousins were all born within a 6 year span.... crazy and fun (even now as adults!)  
  • Options
    @cait32 that’s so exciting! My brother and his wife are pregnant with their second and due about a month after me. I’m so excited to have kids close in age!
  • Options
    @cait32 I have to at every visit as well because they do a u-dip. Before I asked it never made sense to me and I couldn’t fathom why in the world they kept checking to see if I was pregnant 😂
    https://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Urine-Dipstick-Test
    @k_rn21 I literally forget I have to pee in a cup before every appointment, accidentally go at home beforehand and then struggle to get a few drops in the cup 😑