September 2021 Moms
Options

Pregnant after miscarriage worries

Hi everyone! I’m 13 weeks with my second, although my last pregnancy ended around 9 weeks (I also have a 5 year old daughter). I have been very paranoid this time around especially with aches and pains. We saw little one at 7 weeks via ultrasound and all looked very healthy! I also just had my first OB appointment and heard a strong heartbeat  I have been having some very uncomfortable pelvic/lower back pains for the past couple of weeks - they feel achy and dull, but sometimes with sharp little stabs, and tends to me much worse when I’ve been standing for long periods. I want to be reassured after hearing baby’s heartbeat, but I can’t stop worrying. Anyone experience similar pains that weren’t miscarriage related? Thanks ❤️

Re: Pregnant after miscarriage worries

• Options
    @elisabeth_h_93 First of all I'm so sorry about your prior loss. I can relate to the worry that brings. I have been experiencing pretty awful back pain and sporatic pelvic pain throughout this pregnancy and it's not related to a miscarriage. I'm sure lots of people have all kinds of symptoms even with a healthy baby. You should call your doctor any time you need reassurance! And try not to obsess... I know it's easier said then done, believe me. Hang in there! 
  • Options
    Hi! Welcome to the board. There are several of us who have experienced loss on this board. Check out the PGAL threads. 

We discourage one-off posts because they clutter the board and bury the other threads. This is a great question to ask in the question thread pinned at the top or even in the weekly symptom thread.