November 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Strollers 3/21

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions and S+TMs to share the wealth of knowledge they've accumulated on baby products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week it's.... strollers! This can be a tough decision for FTM's with so many to weed through! 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to absorb/respond to. If you'd like to recommend/ask questions about more than one product, please copy/paste the prompts as needed. 

For S+TMs:

• Favorite [stroller]:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like about it:
  • What you don't like about it, if anything:
  • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?:
  • Additional thoughts on [strollers]:

For FTMs:

• [Stroller(s)] you're interested in:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • Any questions about it/them for S+TMs?:

Here is the schedule for the product spotlights to keep track of the topics and threads: (this is actually October’s but I’m not tech savvy enough to know how to make one for us. I tried lol so if anyone knows how to do this, let me know and I’ll add our own link!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sI-VJ1F71kVneOVUjKUs7hEChObe7H8_GufjE1XgzSg/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to offer suggestions for other products or changes you think can be made. This is copied from O21 BMB so thanks to those going before us :-) 

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

marbellie

Re: Product Spotlight: Strollers 3/21

• Anyone have any recommendations on double strollers?
  • @marbellie when I had my 2nd, we got the BOB Duallie since I had and loved the single BOB stroller.  My oldest was 3 when my youngest was born and I thought we would use it way more than we did.  Ultimately we just didn't use it as much as I thought we would or to the extent that it warranted the price.  Also it is massively large. Very comfortable for the kids, but I couldn't fit it in the trunk of my car without taking a wheel off, which was a pain.  

All that said, I would say it is a great stroller IF you have a larger car and your kids are younger, but I ultimately just didn't end up using it much.
  • Loading the player...
  • jena3207 said:
    @marbellie when I had my 2nd, we got the BOB Duallie since I had and loved the single BOB stroller.  My oldest was 3 when my youngest was born and I thought we would use it way more than we did.  Ultimately we just didn't use it as much as I thought we would or to the extent that it warranted the price.  Also it is massively large. Very comfortable for the kids, but I couldn't fit it in the trunk of my car without taking a wheel off, which was a pain.  

All that said, I would say it is a great stroller IF you have a larger car and your kids are younger, but I ultimately just didn't end up using it much.
    Thanks! That's what I'm worried about, that we would get it and not use it). Hmm I may as well wait through winter (we're up north) and see if I needed/need it.

My son will be just 2 in November and I do like walking, but I could see me more so doing it with the baby while he's at daycare.
  • @marbellie - yes! That was exactly my situation, I loved going for walks so thought I needed it, but then I would typically just go for walks with the baby while my oldest was at day care.
    marbellie
  • We also have the BOB double and also a BOB single. They are great on all terrain, you can fit three kids on it if you have a long walking trip at the zoo or something. I don’t use the double for runs anymore, honestly, once my kids were 5+ it’s hard to run with like 80lbs of weight. I know mom runners that can, but I just can’t lol. I do use the single still to run with my 3 yr old.
    marbellie
  • With my first I got the Uppababy Vista thinking I would have kids close together and it’s expandable. Took us longer that I had envisioned and my 3 yo will be almost 4 when this one arrives, and he hasn’t willingly sat in a stroller since he was like 18mo. It’s a bigger stroller though, so it’s not what I keep in the car for everyday stuff. I think I’m just going to get the piggyback board for him to stand on instead making it a double. I still run with my son occasionally (I have a bob revolution flex and LOVE it), but he’s definitely heavy and I don’t think I could do 2. If anyone is looking for a travel stroller that’s a little more structured than an umbrella but still folds small and lightweight, I love my uppababy Minu as well. I flew with it several times before Covid. Not a double though. 
    marbellie
  • STM+ Question- Do you have more than one stroller for different things?
    I don’t even know where to start. I want something that’s easy to wrangle. I’d also like something for walking at the park or around the neighborhood. 
    I have a fairly large car, but I still want it to be easy to lift and pack in the trunk. I have a hatchback. 
    I don’t even know where to start. I want something that’s easy to wrangle. I’d also like something for walking at the park or around the neighborhood. 
    I have a fairly large car, but I still want it to be easy to lift and pack in the trunk. I have a hatchback. 
    I would get a stroller that your car seat can click into for awhile and then see if you need anything else. I never have and am on baby #4.

I have a Graco Duo glider. It’s a double stroller. The infant seat we have can click into the back. It was cheap at only $100. I loved it at first and still use it all the time, but after almost 4 years of use it’s starting to break down. One of the canopys has come loose on one side and there are sunscreen stains on it. I’m starting to get the urge to splurge on a nice one... which will immediately get sunscreen stains on it 😂
    I think it depends mostly on your lifestyle and where you live (how you get around). I clearly liked buying strollers, but I probably only needed 2. I run, so for me
    a jogging stroller was necessary, but they are big and heavy and inconvenient for most other activities. I liked having the smaller, lightweight stroller that I kept in the car. When they are little, you’ll probably take them most places in a car seat, so a stroller than can accommodate that quickly and easily is good to have. Honestly, no matter what you buy and how much thought you put into it, your kid will probably hate it. 
    • Favorite [stroller]: my Zoe. Hands down 

• Link/picture: https://zoestrollers.com/

• Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): they run about $200

• What you like about it: they are so light weight and small! They also have all the features of a large full-size stroller

• What you don't like about it, if anything: I wish the wheels were a bit bigger for easier pushing (although it works fine)

• Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: nope. 4th baby and my oldest is 7. I’ve had so many strollers (sit n stands, wagon strollers, jogging strollers etc.)

• Additional thoughts on [strollers]: I don’t really think that anyone can really give advice on strollers… They are so personal to your lifestyle. it really depends on so many factors. I have a double and a single Zoe and I will not be buying another stroller (hopefully ever). I do not like big clunky strollers. I take my kids on walks with my Zoe… We go to the park or somewhere where it’s paved anyway, so it works for my lifestyle. If they are sleeping I can bring the stroller into the grocery store and my oldest can push the stroller because it’s so light which I appreciate. It’s also sturdy and I can fold up the stroller and put it under the cart if baby wakes up and wants to be held (I did this with my third). I can also chase my toddler around and fold up the stroller and easily carry it up and downstairs. Everyone has different priorities and life styles so this is just what works for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    jackie_dunnymarbellie
    • Favorite [stroller]: Mockingbird! I don’t actually have it but I really want it lol. My friend uses it and I’ve tried it out. It’s very similar to the one I have (Maxi Cosi zelia) but much more maneuverable and can expand for two kids. 
    • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.): $$
    • What you like about it: See above. I love the design and ease of use. I love that you can put multiple kids in it, and it can fit virtually any car seat with an adapter. 
    • What you don't like about it, if anything: It’s a bit on the pricier side (but still affordable in my opinion, compared to others)
    • Is there a [stroller] you don't have but are considering? Why?: I’m also thinking about a wonderfold wagon, since I want at least 3 kids, maybe 4. I’ve heard nothing but great things about it. 
  • @tmk2021 GIRL! I looked up the Wonderfold Wagon. Great tip! I have to have that. My kids all love riding in the stroller and my 5 year old has been upset that she’s too tall to ride in the double. 
    tmk2021
  • jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
    edited April 2021
    DH and I went to the store this weekend (because they’re FINALLY open in England 🙌🏻) to look at different things because we just have no idea where to even start let alone what we want. We had a really helpful salesperson show us lots of different things and how they work. Anyway, long story short. Has anyone heard anything about Nuna? We’re leaning that way

ETA: or iCandy? That’s the other one we liked 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• @jackie_dunny yes I know people who have and love their Nuna. I've never heard of iCandy though
    jackie_dunny