June 2021 Moms

What We Are Reading- March

I dropped the ball on this last month! 

Tell us what you are reading this month...

Current read: 

Last read:

What's a book you always recommend? 

Re: What We Are Reading- March

• Thank you for starting this! 

Current Read: The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda, trying out a new author, so far it’s good 

Last Read: Big Summer by Jennifer Weiner - an easy beach read/chic flick kind of story 

hmmm I don’t know what I would always recommend, I try to understand what genre someone is into before recommending anything. On some level I feel books are so personal. 
  • Current Read: just started "Good Economics for Hard Times" by Banerjee and Duflo 

Last Read: "There There" by Tommy Orange

Recommendations: Agree that it really depends on the person. If it's just what I like, I love most of Erik Larsen's books, nonfiction that reads like a novel. I also love Jennifer Weiner for lighter reads,  and have read most of the Outlander series and Ken Follett's period series. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Current Reads: The Last Kingdom Series; currently book 3, Burnout: The Secret To Breaking the Stress Cycle, and Normal People by Sally Rooney. The last two are book club reads. 

Last Read: Before I started the last kingdom books I was reading Brigderton. The last audiobook I listed was Open Book by Jessica Simpson 

Recommend: I would recommend the Jessica Simpson book. I was surprised how much I liked it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Current read: Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter.  It’s a good book so far, my friend says it gets gory later on though. 

Last read: one of Nora Roberts books from the Garden trilogy. I always turn to her for easy, light reads. 

Don’t really have any recommendations for now!
  • Current read: Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline; Untamed by Glennon Doyle on Audio
    Last Read: The Mothers by Brit Bennett

Recommendations: Depends on the person but I really loved The Dutch House by Ann Patchett, The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett and City of Girls by Liz Gilbert so I recommend those a lot.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @Omie_Wise I read the Jessica simpson book and liked it more than I thought I would too. I really appreciated her talking about her problem with alcohol. 

Current read: re-reading The Fiery Cross (Outlander)

Last read: Leave the World Behind

What's a book you always recommend?  Depends on the person, but I think everyone should read Harry Potter lol. 
  • @laurad75 I hope ready player two is as good as the first! I want to read that at some point. 
  • I'm officially sold on the Jessica Simpson autobiography.  I'll add it to my audible library. 

@_orchid_ Spoiler alert...RP2 is not nearly as good as 1 but it's entertaining.  There is a chunk of the book focused on John Hughes movies and that was amazing.  The first was a lot to live up to.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I had a few friends who listened to the book and they got annoyed by her voice - just fyi! I usually like celeb bios read by the celebrity bc it's like they're talking to you