October 2021 Moms
Options

UO 03/04/21

What's got you feeling opinionated today?

Re: UO 03/04/21

• Options
    I'm with you on cheddar + sour cream chips and Mateo's.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @aztecash OMG I love this so much.  Your post made me LOL and now I will engage on this topic. 

Have you tried Zapps chips Voodoo chips?  All lays chips in the trash, no way, yuck.  Your opinion on Ruffles on point! Doritos I am not sure... I don't eat them often enough to weigh in on that one.  

Ok I know this one is going to sound weird but have you ever tried pringles with pickles... its pretty good. Not a pregnant thing, my college roommate introduced me to the idea. 

Have you ever had Chicas original corn tortilla chips?  Those are pretty good. 
  • Options
    I've never had Zapps, but I'm generally not a fan of kettle chips. Chicas chips look legit. I would be willing to try Pringles and pickles, but I'm not going to go out of my way for it...

I've never actually met anyone who had cravings for strange food combinations while pregnant. I feel like that's just a myth or a rare occurance that gets blown way out of proportion. 
  • Options
    @tingsmom if you like chips + pickles, pickle-flavored chips will blow your mind. I looooooove them and they're not really sold around here; it's so sad. And ketchup chips. And crab chips (Old Bay seasoned, not crab flavored!).
  • Options
    @aztecash this is such an important opinion@ the best are the old Dutch kettle cooked chips in either cracked black pepper or parmasean garlic and now I have a craving!

But if you want the TRUE snack master winner.... it goes to FUNYUNS. Seriously, funyuns have never let me down. 
  • Options
    Hahaha this thread just made me laugh!! Sadly (for my waistline anyway) I find most chips to be delicious 🤣 I really want cheddar sour cream ruffles now! 
  • Options
    @aztecash, I'm with you on all of your chip opinions except Doritos. I could eat the heck outta some macho cheese doritos!

@pizzaplz, I'm not a fan of pickle flavored chips, but a friend introduced me to pickle chip dip a few years ago, and it's soooo good! Mix softened softened cream cheese with some juice from a jar of pickles, and dip with ruffles. So so good!!
  • Options
    Nutella and cheese grilled sandwiches are so good. No this is not a pregnancy thing - this is pre-pregnancy. Before you gag please try it! I prefer american cheese+nutella but tried it with other cheeses and it was good as well.
  • Options
    @aztecash Yes, cheddar sour cream Ruffles are the bomb. But they are followed closely by salt and vinegar kettle chips.

The best fill-you-up snack with no prep time is extra sharp cheddar cheese sliced off the block with dried mission figs. Perfection.
  • Options
    @tingsmom have you tried dill pickle chips?!!! Lifechanging 

@aztecash this first post of yours really made my day 😅😅😅

chip winner in my book hand down is Nachos. Nothing better than cheese and chips loaded with deliciousness 

also salt and vinegar 🤤🤤🤤
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 I 100% agree with you! I had both of my older 2 babies in sept and it is ROUGH being forever pregnant in late August,  but still 10,000 times better than first tri. I also get really bad depression in first tri that's hard to deal with, (previously, it went away on its own in second tri for me). 
  • Options
    @vampirina yes exactly!! I also struggle with first trimester depression (I struggle with mental health in general but first trimester is just a really tough time for me between the extreme sickness and the fear of loss, it’s just so tough) just this morning I was having trouble getting out of bed, crying at how inadequate I feel as a mom right now. I just feel SO out of control because I can’t determine the outcome of the baby inside me and I’m currently too sick to care for my living baby or toddler on my own either.  I’m thankful I have help and I know my husband and mom aren’t mad at me for being so needy but my crazy hormones are just bringing me down so much 😩 
  • Options
    @momofmiracles31889 At first I read this and was like YESS! Then I started to really think about it and I am not so sure how I feel.  One I live in the AZ and I expect that June through September to be pretty hot which is going to make things much more challenging than last time since I went through the heat in my first trimester.  Beyond that that last two months were awful.  Bad heartburn, insomnia, Puppp rash (if you don't know what it is look google images) and the pain I would get down my legs when first moving around.  My son was in station zero for about a month which I am sure contributed to all of that.  The counter to that is baby kicks and movement, I love that part. 

@bcliffee1 and @pizzaplz Never heard of pickle chips, I will have to try them. 

@noprobalo that sounds good.  @tari_sara so I am not sure I will try it or not but wanted to get more details, do you dip it in nutella or spread it on the bread before cooking the grilled cheese. 
  • Options
    Grilled cheese dipped in Nutella sounds edible but for some reason the idea of spreading Nutella on and grilling it into the cheese is a non-starter for me. So I hope it’s the first option. 
  • Options
    @tingsmom spread half nutella on one side, cheese on other side, then cook like a grilled cheese sammich :) trust me on this lol
  • Options
    ReadyForaBReadyForaB member
    edited March 2021
    @momofmiracles31889 @vampirina I totally agree!!!! I’m not sure what it is with me but this time around (five years between pregnancies) I am sooooooo much more anxious. Also. The exhaustion!!!!! I’m looking forward to this first trimester being over. 

My unpopular opinion is that pineapple and jalapeño (combined) is the best kind of pizza.  

Edited because words 🤦🏻‍♀️
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @tari_sara interesting! The american cheese part is throwing me off...I've had a brie, chocolate,and rosemary sandwich, which I liked. 
  • Options
    Brie is good too! Although that's a soft cheese right not good during pregnancy?
  • Options
    tingsmom said:
    @aztecash OMG I love this so much.  Your post made me LOL and now I will engage on this topic. 

Have you tried Zapps chips Voodoo chips?  All lays chips in the trash, no way, yuck.  Your opinion on Ruffles on point! Doritos I am not sure... I don't eat them often enough to weigh in on that one.  

Ok I know this one is going to sound weird but have you ever tried pringles with pickles... its pretty good. Not a pregnant thing, my college roommate introduced me to the idea. 

Have you ever had Chicas original corn tortilla chips?  Those are pretty good. 
    So off the chips topic but onto the pickles... have you had a peanut butter pickle sandwich? Sounds gross but sooo good! 
  • Options
    @tari_sara Also, if you cook it, it's fine.
  • Options
    @aztecash agree with you 90% - on point with everything except I love Doritos! I never would pick them myself but DH does and I always have to have some when he does! 

@momofmiracles31889 agree. The first trimester is the WORST! Especially because you’re going through all this nonsense and barely anyone knows about it. At least in the third trimester I can complain about it 🤣🤣