September 2021 Moms

STM+ Check In, Week of 3/3

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 
How are your other kids doing this week? 
Rants/Raves: 
Concerns/Questions: 
GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children?

Re: STM+ Check In, Week of 3/3

• How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2, 2 and 5 year old boys!
    How are your other kids doing this week? They’re doing well. I called DS2 my baby and DS1 goes “no mommy your baby is in your belly” 😂 hopefully everything goes well at my scan tmrw so I feel comfortable telling our families before DS1 does!
    Rants/Raves: I took our new dog down to the shelter’s vet because she was spayed but was bleeding like she wasn’t spayed, and they only do curbside appointments and I’ve been waiting outside for an HOUR AND A HALF. I really have to pee 😬
    Concerns/Questions: natm
    GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? The same names they have actually! 
  • sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited March 2021
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DD is 3.5, DS is nearly 2
    How are your other kids doing this week? Good! The warmer weather seems to be cheering us all up.
    Rants/Raves: Rave: I had my first midwife appt last week, and I loved them! I felt so relieved afterwards and they took my concerns about having a short cervix with DS very seriously and booked me another u/s appt to make sure everything is good down there. They also found the heartbeat at 10 weeks which is great. I haven't been able to talk to many adults uninterrupted the last year, and I totally talked their ears off lol.
    Concerns/Questions: If you've told your kids ready about baby, how did they respond? I am not sure if my older one feels a little upset with the news (she was initially happy and on and off seems happy but also acting a little weird now) and wondering if others found a similar response with their older kiddos.
    GTKY: I would've named DD Eliana, maybe Eliana Rose. DS would probably have a similar but maybe his MN would have been Sebastian or Josiah.
  • Loading the player...
  • How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 son 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? He's been good it's warmed up a bit so we've been going for walk which really helps burn off one of that toddler energy. 

Rants/Raves: I'm in the awkward period before work starts back up.  I know I'll be back to work by around April but there is no set start date yet since it is very dependant on the weather. 

Concerns/Questions: N/A

GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? Maybe Mikail, but my son's name has always been one of my favorites. 
  • How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have a 4 year old daughter 
    How are your other kids doing this week? She’s doing good, she and I have been home together for almost a year now thanks to the pandemic, so we get tons of QT 🤣 I always thought being a SAHM would be amazing but I am ready to go back to work (when I find something, which likely won’t be til after this baby). I do love the time with my daughter but it’s hard l
    Rants/Raves: I kind of did this in the above question already ha
    Concerns/Questions: I’m really concerned with how my daughter is acting about this baby and babies in general. She is very anti-baby, like says how her baby cousin is “disgusting”, she “doesn’t like little ones”, she will be “so jealous” if I kiss and love on another baby, etc. I know some jealous feelings are normal, but hers seem so extreme, I’m worried and not sure what to do. I’m hoping that over the next 6 months she’ll mature and get used to the idea...
    GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? Wouldn’t change it :) 

• How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 girls, one is 11 months and the other is almost 3 🤯

How are your other kids doing this week? The younger is having some weird nap stuff. I thought she was dropping her first one but this week has picked it back up so 🤷🏻‍♀️. My oldest has gotten really independent lately which is making my life easy! 

Rants/Raves: really done with being nauseous. I feel like I can’t accomplish anything beyond keeping these kiddos alive. And I’d also like to start liking food again! Lol

Concerns/Questions: we are starting to run out of space in our house. We always wanted 4 kids but our space is maxed out after this little one appears. We’ve only been here for 2 years so it would be super quick to move but something’s gotta give! 

GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? I always liked the name Faye for a girl. But now I don’t know if I’d pick that (if it was up to me when our first was born she’d have been Faye for sure). Tough to say cause our girls suit their names and it’s hard to picture anything different! 
  • ageaagea member
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2yo and 4yo boys 
    How are your other kids doing this week? They’re doing just fine. They don’t know about baby yet but I’ve talked hypothetically if they’d like another sibling. Theyve agreed they’d both like to hold a new baby.
    Rants/Raves: I’m sick of hunger making me sick. I didn’t eat straightaway this morning and ended up retching (with nothing in my stomach) from the sudden onset nausea 
    Concerns/Questions: natm 
    GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children?
    hard to say, I’m happy with both their names. But if I’d named them on my own I guess it’s possible I would have ended up somewhere else.
    maybe Frederick, Nathaniel, Sebastian, Finn... those were all contenders at one point but can’t imagine them now.
  • edited March 2021
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DD turned 2 this past Monday! 

How are your other kids doing this week? 
    Rants/Raves: She is FINALLY on the mend from a nasty cold, 8 days later. Kids with EA/TEF sometimes have a harder time getting over illness. She was refusing any and all medication but once we just left her alone and let it ride out, she began to slowly improve. Unfortunately, her upcoming surgery was postponed from March 8th to the end of April. They are operating on her airway, and she needs to be 100% clear of congestion. Unfortunately this is our second postponement, because this surgery was pushed back last April due to Covid. At this point when it finally happens “I’ll believe it when I see it” 

Concerns/Questions: Best potty training methods!!! I planned to wait until after her surgery but now that it’s moved again I am thinking I may start soon.

GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? I love her name and wouldn’t change it! For this baby I always liked Birdie for a girl (which goes cute with Indie) but my husband is totally against it and it’s a hard no. So... not quite the answer to the question but if THIS baby’s name were up to me (and if it were a girl) she’d be Birdie. In my dreams. 
  • How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 6yo son
    How are your other kids doing this week? Same old, fine, we have far too much "quality time" as usual, that isn't really quality since I'm always stressed only really able to give him my full attention when we're working on school. I'm hoping/wishing/praying SO HARD that he can go back to regular school in August so we can get back to a more normal schedule for us before this baby arrives. I am not a very good mom when I don't have regular time for myself, and he does way better in a structured school environment.
    Rants/Raves: We're on spring break next week, so today is my last normal day of work for a bit. I'll still be working full time hours next week, but there won't be much teaching happening, so it'll be nice to have the catch-up time. I'm looking forward to having a bit of a break!
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? I don't even remember. DS's name was the only boy name we agreed on. If he were a girl, I really liked the name Shaye, but now I have a student with that name spelled differently, so it's off the table, and DH didn't like it anyway.
  • @runningonindie we potty trained when my daughter was just over 2 as well. Luckily this ended up being in the summer so accidents weren’t a huge deal. We did a modified 3 day potty training - it worked well but for my daughter it was more about getting over the fear of going on the potty and less about recognizing when she had to go. She was super nervous about it but once it happened on the potty once she was good to go! 

@agea Frederick was also on our list. It’s my late grandpas name so it would have also had a nice family tie. 

@sleepydaze I totally get the not talking to adults thing. I think my husband is sick of me and I don’t blame him 😂
  • How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DS1 - 5, DS2 - 9 months 
    How are your other kids doing this week? pretty good! DS1's pre school is shut down this week because 3 kids tested pos. for COVID (luckily non from his class) so my mom has been watching him all week (she takes care of my 9 month old during the day). I'm just thankful that my mom is so awesome! She's been doing crafts every day with him, working on his letters, and trying really hard to make it a little pre school environment. 
    Rants/Raves: I really need the first trimester exhaustion to just go away already! The evenings are so tough and I just feel like I can't get anything accomplished at home. My in laws are coming to visit on Sunday and staying the week, and luckily they are actually super helpful - so I'm hoping to get some relief!
    Concerns/Questions: 
    DS1 is named Ezra and I can't imagine naming him anything else and didn't even think about a different name. 
    DS2 is named Asher...I wanted Isaiah and he was actually Isaiah up until about 3 weeks before he was born when DH begged to change the name to Asher. I like it fine now..and Isaiah just doesn't seem right for baby boy #3
  • @chewie5990 I LOVE Asher! It’s another one of my names that I loved but my husband wasn’t on board with. That happened a lot 😂
  • We are pretty into Old Testament Hebrew names..which is why I want Isaac for baby #3, but DH wants Elliott...and DS1 is all on board for Elliott because his current favorite movie is E.T. - I think I might get over ruled again on this one 
  • How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 girls ages 7, 5 (on 3/15), and 2 1/2

How are your other kids doing this week? They’re going great! We are planning to tell them about the baby next week if everything looks good at our 12 weeks appointment- they’re going to be so excited!

Rants/Raves: I get all 3 kids registered for school next year! I can’t believe my youngest will be in 3K!

Concerns/Questions: none this week.

GTKY: If it had been only up to you, what would you have named your other children? I love our girls names! DD1 is Juliet, DD2 is Adeline (we pronounce it like Jacqueline/Madeline, not like Caroline), and DD3 is Thea ❤️ I wouldn’t change any of them

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @emjeve I love the name Thea! It's been on our short list for girl names since I was pregnant with DS1! All you girls' names are beautiful!
  • sleepydazesleepydaze member
    edited March 2021
    @chewie5990 I could have written your last post, about names (although I'm the one hoping for either Isaac or Elliot). So far the only name DH will agree to for a boy is Jack which to me doesn't go with our Bible theme/have the same meaning as the other names. Not sure if this is helpful to you or not, but on Nameberry it says Elliot is the anglicized version of Elijah/Elias so it might fit for you after all? Nickname Eli?

@runningonindie We took a more casual approach to training DD, we let her practice on her potty for a number of months whenever she wanted (ex before a bath when she was naked anyway). Then we buckled down about 4 months later (around 2.5) and had her wear underwear and try going every 15 or 20 minutes. The second/third day we did every 30 minutes, the 4th we did every 45 and soon we were up to having her go every 1.5 hours. I think she might have had 1 accident the second day but picked it up fairly quickly after that. However we didn't night time train until 2 months ago (she was 3.5) as we all wanted sleep and so put it off. But she picked that up within a few days as well.