Cloth Diapering
Options

Anybody Out There?

When I was pregnant with our daughter 5 years ago, this board was a great resource for our CD journey. Hoping it will start picking back up. 

Re: Anybody Out There?

• Options
    When I was pregnant with our daughter 5 years ago, this board was a great resource for our CD journey. Hoping it will start picking back up. 
    Pretty unlikely. :/  These days, most activity takes place in the birth month boards (BMBs). There often are dedicated CD threads on those. The list of BMBs is here - https://forums.thebump.com/categories/the-bump-month-clubs
  • Options
    @myspecialkid I know you had said you were willing to offer advice for CD! DH and I are very new to this so we don’t even know where our questions start lol I know there are inserts or something? Do you (or anyone else willing to chime in) mind telling me the basics of how these work. Cloth Diapering for Dummies lol
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny I could write you a book lol  How far have you come since March?
  • Options
    @BusinessWife DH and I have watched a few videos and read a blog or two. Basically we know the difference now between all-in-one diapers, pre-folds, etc. but we’re still confused with the laundry parts of it lol as in, do you really need to wring them out in the toilet water? I’ve heard vague things about hard water vs soft water and the different washing instructions. We know to wash about every 2-3 days and that’s about all we know lol 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    So when they are under 6 months or so, you don't need to do anything with the poop.  BF or formula poos just wash right out!  Once you start to introduce solids, you may want to have a sprayer connected to at least one of your toilets, so you just spray the heavy stuff off (rather than swish lol).  If you hang a small wetbag up in the bathroom for those dipes, then when you do your laundry every 2-3 days, just grab that little wetbag as well and toss it in.  I start with a cold rinse to help remove any poo, and then a warm wash, and then a super long wash with double soap and extra rinse.  I also just use powdered Tide, but people use what they like, and what works for their water.  I would start with a basic wash routine, and then see how it goes in terms of troubleshooting for whatever kind of water you may have.

I have a mix of all kinds, but DH and I have prefolds and covers as our go-tos.  There are a couple specific AIOS I like for ease of use, or for naptime / overnight, but I just wash everything together.  Then I have one of those ikea spider things to hand the covers up from, and I hang the pail liners inside out to dry as well.  The prefolds and covers are just so easy care imho, and you don't have to worry about reassembling or stuffing when stuff is coming out of the drier.  I just lay them all flat, or trifold them out of the drier and that's it.  Some AIOs/pockets are easier or harder than others to work with, and you kinda wouldn't know until you tried them out.

Do you have a strategy or brands in mind you are thinking about trying?