1st Trimester

Accidental Ferulic Acid Use

I am 10 weeks today and just realized a vitamin c serum (vitamin c serum is considered safe) has ferulic acid in it. I haven’t used it every day and when I have just a few drops in the morning. Should I be freaking out as much as I am? 

Re: Accidental Ferulic Acid Use

• ahall1107 said:
    I am 10 weeks today and just realized a vitamin c serum (vitamin c serum is considered safe) has ferulic acid in it. I haven’t used it every day and when I have just a few drops in the morning. Should I be freaking out as much as I am? 
    Not sure what ferulic acid is, but I found this on the internet: 
    https://motherfigure.com/pregnancy-safe-skincare/ferulic-acid/

Regardless of if you continue to use it or not, there is nothing you can do about it now so there is no sense in beating yourself up over it. Worrying won’t change the past so do your best to forgive yourself and try to do better next time. However, from my (limited) research, it doesn’t seem to be harmful but ask your doc if you are concerned.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I wouldn’t worry! Most articles saw it’s not a risk at all.
    I’ve got absolutely insane overhauling my skincare, and yours was the first mention I’ve seen of it being an issue. Especially because it’s not the most significant ingredient in your serum, it should be absolutely fine.
    …but oh my god, I totally get it. One of my serums had rosemary waaaay at the end of the list and I went down a Google panic rabbit hole.
    Maybe pause it for now, ask your doctor, and either resume or switch depending on what they say?
    But I’m guessing it’s such a minimal amount and it’s not going to penetrate and reach your actual system.