June 2021 Moms

March Appointments Thread

Its a brand new month :) What appointments do you have this month or what's coming up? Anything exciting, news, tests/results or questions feel free to discuss it all here! 

Re: March Appointments Thread

• I’ve got one appointment in March (besides counselor) that’s this Friday, but it’s a Telehealth visit. That seems kinda pointless in my opinion, but anyone know what to expect or feel like they got anything of value out of it? To be honest, 8 weeks without hearing heartbeat feels like a long time... 
  • Loading the player...
  • I only have one appt in March - on the 29th. I think I will start going every other week after that appointment. I kind of feel like it's the final countdown.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Growth scan and glucose test on the 9th. That's probably it for the month, as my next one will probably be early April for another scan and TDAP shot. 
  • Midwife Appt on 03/12 

I believe my 2nd glucose test will be sometime around the end of March? I need to confirm and rein in my diet. 😅😅

Next thyroid check is 03/19

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• March is busy with appointments. 
    3/3 - finally booked a chiro, my back is killing me
    3/5 - glucose test
    3/17 - OB and massage
    I feel like I haven't had an ultrasound in ages (last one was around Jan 11), I really want to see the little guy  :'(

• I have OB appt on Wed for 26 weeks. Second growth scan probably at end of month and glucose test mid-month at 28 weeks. I wonder if I start going every 2 weeks after this appointment?! That seems crazy to think we are there already. 
  • I have a chiro appointment Wednesday and my next MW appointment is 3/24. Not super stoked about GTT. I’ve never been this nauseous this late in the game.
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • OB appointment on 3/10 and ultrasound at MFM on 3/29.
    Me: 38, DH: 37
    Married: 8/10/13
    BFP- 12/18/15, D&E- 4/8/16 @ 21w5d- confirmed Thanatophoric Dysplasia
    BFP- 11/7/17, M/C- 11/18/17 @ 4w6d
    BFP- 8/25/18 ~ EDD- 5/9/19 ~ DD born 5/2/20 *Lillian Hazel*
    BFP- 10/9/20 ~ EDD- 6/21/21

• I have three this week- hematologist Thursday, then regular ob for monthly appt and MFM for heart scan on Friday. I think I'll have weekly heart appts through March, but not sure. So crazy that donte of you are getting close to every other week appointments!! 
  • @mindyb2019 my weight gain is strange in pregnancy. I don’t gain much for weeks and then suddenly I put on lots of weight in a shorter time. Then I plateau again. If your OB is worried they will definitely say something. 
  • Oh I forgot! On 03/10 I have a phone consult with the OB to discuss pros and cons of c/s vs vbac to help decide what I want. 

@mc0303, me too! I’m pretty sure I stay at every 4 weeks for appts until 31 weeks too. I can’t remember with my son.

• I’m also every 4 weeks until around 32. Then biweekly until 36 then weekly until birth which will be around 39. 

@AKuzReve good luck with your decision!! I remember trying to make one on my last. 
  • I have my 24 week appointment tomorrow (at 23+5) and am nervous to see if my marginal cord insertion has changed at all, for better or worse, and if baby is growing okay. He’s sure moving around a ton in there and feels bigger. They’re also going to try again to do the fetal echo he wouldn’t cooperate for last time. I’m guessing I’ll also have my GD test either at the very end of March or maybe the beginning of April. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• I have a check up with my OB a week from today (3/9) and I'm not certain of my schedule after that.  I had it written down that I'll increase to appts every 2-3 weeks but I'll find out next week.  

I'm now curious if I will get extra ultrasounds since I am over 40.  With DS we had us every other week because he only had one kidney so we will see with this one.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @mc0303 You're not alone! My 24-week growth scan is next week too. I'm not sure if I go every 2 weeks after 28 weeks or 32, I should probably ask. Since they've labelled me "high risk" based mostly on my history I'm getting all the scans, which is nice. 

Last night I had a dream that they forgot about the scan. In the dream they were also being dismissive and trying to rush me out because there was some sort of party starting, so i was chasing after the doctor and then nurse to insist on the scan. I woke up just as I was about to throw a massive hissy fit. 
  • I have my 24 week appointment on Thursday, and I'm guessing we'll schedule the glucose after that? My insurance added another network yesterday, so I'm trying to get info on that to see if I need to do labs at a different place other than the hospital. Honestly I'm so over all this insurance change with this pregnancy.
  • I have my 28 week appointment and glucose test on the 11th then start biweekly appointments so I should have another before the end of March. I can't believe it's almost the third trimester. 
  • I scheduled my 2nd glucose test for 03/26. 😬😬 So diet revamp as of 03/10. 😅😅 I don’t want GD again. 

• OB appointment for 26 week checkup today went well. Nothing new. I go for my next April 1st and we meet with MFM for second anatomy scan that day too. Then we go to OB every 2 weeks. 

The only other thing I have this month is my glucose test. So last quiet month over here! 
  • Has anyone else had a fetal echo? I had mine today as part of my 24 week appt, and it was pretty unpleasant, so I am wondering how normal that is. The tech kept complaining about the position baby was in (chest down so she couldn't get good pictures of the heart) and grew visibly agitated as the appointment went on, and she was also pressing really hard - I know the baby is safe in there but it was definitely uncomfortable for me. I ended up in there for over an hour, and at two points she stepped out to ask her supervisor if the images she'd gotten were good enough, only to come back in needing to get more. I was expecting it to be just a formality due to IVF but the whole time I kept getting more and more scared that maybe something is actually wrong with the baby's heart and no one is telling me. My OB won't get the full report for a few days, so I am going to be anxious and unsettled until they call me hopefully on Friday. Curious if anyone has had a similar (or vastly different) experience.

In happier news, my OB thinks I am doing great (and didn't even criticize my weight gain) and told me I can try Prilosec or Pepcid for my horrible heartburn since Tums aren't helping anymore. I also picked up my yummy (ha) drink for my GD test in 4 weeks, so I will do that and another growth scan and a check up on 3/31, and then it will be appointments every 2 weeks which makes it seem like the pace is finally picking up! 
    *TTC History*

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• @legallykate I'm getting them every week from 18-26 weeks. Did you have coffee or sugar this morning? I alternate between 2 drs for mine, and they both tell me not to have that in the morning bc it can make the scan harder to do as baby is more active. If I'm lucky and baby is in a good position, I'm done in 15, but the days he isn't it's a lot tougher. It seems like the pediatric cardiologist is faster, but when I get it done at the MFM it's longer (45- 60 minutes)- maybe bc of their imaging machines? I have to get up a lot to pee, to jump around to see if that will get him to move. Sometimes I have to hold my breath for them which I don't get. It hurts when they push down, but I also have bruises all over my stomach from the lovenox so that definitely plays into it. When the tech does it, they are also in and out of the room to check with the Dr. Fx everything is fine!
  • @legallykate I had one with DS after a colorful anatomy scan and it was relatively quick and they told me right away that he looked fine. This baby is also IVF but they are not required. I’m sorry they are so uncomfortable for you. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 I had one as part of my anatomy scan and that is a large part of my second scan on April 1st. The technician I had at 20 weeks said that it is really hard to get all the photos with some angles and sometimes she needs to check if the angle she got is good enough for the doctor to see what she wants to evaluate, so she would pop out of the room to confirm with doctor. I was getting worried a bit too because it took an hour, but then the doctor came in and did her own fetal echo and said everything looked fine. She also said it is hard to capture images of a moving organ (heart) inside a moving baby, inside another body. Made more sense to me why it could be challenging when she put it that way. DS was also head down and it hurt when she would press down right beside the front of my hips, I think it is because that muscle wraps around to your back and mine is really tight. All that to say, try not to worry, it is probably completely normal in their world and they forget it isn’t our normal world to realize that it would help to stop and explain things or relieve worry. 
  • @legallykate I haven't had a fetal echo, but they had a terrible time getting all the proper measurements for my anatomy scan. I started to get worried by how long it was taking and how hard she was concentrating. I remember the heart in particular taking forever to get (one of the few things I could recognize). Thankfully she reassured me that things so far were looking fine, it was just that the kid wasn't staying still long enough in the right positions. She also apologized at the end for being so quiet and not chit-chatting, just took a lot of hard work to get the required images. 
  • @ramzlau that's probably why some of mine are so quick- the pediatric cardiologist does them himself, so he knows what he's looking for and it seems fast. At MFM I have an ultrasound tech and it takes longer- probably bc they have to check with the Dr about the images. Good call!!
  • Thanks ladies, that is all very reassuring to hear that it can take longer depending on who is doing it and how the baby is positioned. I will assume everything is good unless I hear otherwise! <3
    *TTC History*

• My March 3 appt went well. Sono was good, fluid looked good...baby is measuring about two weeks ahead and 2lbs 7oz! I have big babies so not too much of a surprise that she’s long and chunky for now. 

Go back in two weeks for another sono and glucose test! 

@laurad75 my ob said one of the most common complications with women over 40 is low fluid..so I am getting sonos every appt from now on mainly to check that. 🤷‍♀️ I briefly googled the topic once and didn’t find much on it, so there may be other reasons too. But my pregnancy is not high risk at all for any other reason this far than just being “old”. But, it’s nice to know she’s being conservative I guess. Def ask your OB!
    Trying to Conceive TickerMe: 41 DH: 42
    💙 DS1- 12/2011
    CP - March 2014
    MMC - Sept 2014
    💙DS2 - 10/2015
    💙DS3 - 5/2017
    💖DD due June 6, 2021
  • Wonderful news @DoubleUp8 !!
  • @DoubleUp8 that's great news!! So happy for you!