October 2021 Moms

Weekly Check In - 3.1.21

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going?

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check In - 3.1.21

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7w1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: blueberry

Upcoming appointments: none this week

How are you feeling?: Aside from tired, really good this past weekend. But then I woke up for work and didn't eat anything until an hour or so this morning and felt awful. Need to keep cheerios on my nightstand or something.

Rants/Raves: Had some somewhat warm weather this past weekend so we were able to get a walk in which was awesome.

Questions: none right now

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? DH and I want to go to Ital and Greece do a two week trip. Though that may not be for sometime. Probably Phoenix next winter to visit in-laws.

@chindimples04 glad to hear the covid is gone! And with you on the midwest winters. Which I had the flexibility and money to snow bird haha.

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6w 2d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet pea

Upcoming appointments: next week for a nurses intake

How are you feeling?: blah. 

Rants/Raves: has such a good Saturday but I overdid it and spent Sunday on the couch. Funny how having such wonderful children made me forget how much I truly hate the pregnancy experience. I wish I could skip right to the end. 

Questions: 

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? Florida or Mexico for a beach vacay with the family or Boston for a long weekend with H. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 5w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Nerds candy 🤓

Upcoming appointments: my first appointment isn't til the end of March. So far away!!!

How are you feeling?: tired and a teensy bit nauseous 

Rants/Raves: all the snow is melting! FINALLY! I'm so excited for warmer days, and for the ability to see friends and family safely outside again. It's been a long and lonely winter.

Questions: is anyone else in the "waiting forever for my first appointment" club with me?

I typically prefer exploring and hiking type trips, but after all the stress and exhaustion of the pandemic, it would be so nice to unwind on the beach right now. Give me a tropical drink, a hammock near some crashing ocean waves, and a good book. Maybe the Virginia Islands or Puerto Rico. 

• @chindimples04, I'm so glad you are mostly feeling better! And I hear you on going somewhere warm. I'm not a big fan of Midwestern winters in a normal year, but the pandemic + winter was a brutal combination. We haven't felt comfortable going anywhere, so we've just been stuck in our own house for several months. Thank goodness springtime is on the way!

@gingermama46, Italy and Greece sound amazing! I spent a summer in Italy and loved it so much. Are you planning an adults-only trip, or will you bring your child(ren)?
  • @galentine my first real appointment isn't until the 29th when I'll be 10 weeks and 2 days! The one next week is just with a nurse where they tell you that you can't eat lunch meat or sushi or do anything fun while pregnant.  I hate it but its part of the process so. I can't wait to get my 10 week US and hear their heartbeat. I'm basically going to be an anxious wreck until then. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 
    8w4d - could go up to 9 weeks, but we'll find out soon!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

A peanut M&M

Upcoming appointments:

First ultrasound tomorrow afternoon!

How are you feeling?:

Crummy. Today has been waves upon of nausea. 

Rants/Raves:

Hurry up and get here, 2nd trimester!

Questions:

Hubby and I are going to Florida for a much-needed getaway. But because everyone here loves going to the beach as often as possible, we could be going up to Gatlinburg and the mountains.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @galentine ahh I am so jealous!!! Did you love it?? This would be an adults only trip, but I think it would be when DS and this baby are both school age so we have a while. I think our first international trip with kids will be UK. DH and I both love Ireland. Shorter(ish) flight and we've talked about having MIL come too.
  • @vampirina, solidarity! 

@gingermama46, I did love it! It was absolutely gorgeous, and the food was amaaaaazing. Pasta and gelato every day! 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/10, 8+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Denise's pygmy sea horse; bebe's eyelids are fusing shut

Upcoming appointments: had my first one today and it went great! Measuring two days ahead with a strong heartbeat. Next up is April 5th.

How are you feeling?: Another migraine. I feel like a broken record. At least my pregnancy symptoms seem to have faded.

Rants/Raves: DH lost reception on his phone while the U/S was happening, so we weren't able to FaceTime. I recorded it for him, but it's just not the same.

Questions: nope

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? DISNEYLAND! My MIL is talking about doing a huge family trip to her timeshare in Puerto Vallarta, but I'm not sure how keen I would be to go with kids.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8+2. Due 10/9

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry

Upcoming appointments: Thursday!! Can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait 

How are you feeling?: like I can’t wait to finally have this appointment!! Feeling worried, anxious, stressed. I keep imagining DH and I in the moment we hear that heartbeat and I feel so much joy and I’m so scared it won’t come true 

Rants/Raves: My almost 3 year old is the queen of potty training, she has just killed it this entire time and picked it up day one. She had three huge accidents on the carpet yesterday. Thankfully today everything’s back to normal but UGH, I hate cleaning pee. So thankful for my little mini carpet cleaner, it’s the best thing I own 🤣🤣

Questions: 

To see all our parents!! We haven’t seen two of the three sets of our kids grandparents since pre COVID, and one we’ve seen twice in the last year but outside and social distanced with masks. I want my kids to hug their grandparents so bad! But my mom lives far away, my dad is high risk and both MIL and FIL are high risk so we’ve stayed away. Seriously the moment we’re able to I’m packing up and heading to my ILs for the weekend. THEN I’d go to Florida 🤣🤣🤣 I’ve never been to Disney as an adult with my kids but they’d be in heaven and I’d love to take them at these ages!! Would they remember? Probably not. But I’d never forget the looks on their faces :) 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7 weeks and 6 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby is the same size as a keyboard key

Upcoming appointments: None this week.

How are you feeling?: I have been trying to focus on all the things I am grateful for because I am prego cranky. I am not in a great mood at all. I am sick of the water aversion, I am sick of this awful taste in my mouth, sick of the nausea and all the other random things that happen. 

Rants/Raves: DH works on Sundays so it's my reminder each week of how hard it is to be a SAHM, this weekend was particularly rough. I felt awful on Sunday and was just struggling with my symptoms.  Thankfully my son only had a couple meltdowns and was all about the hugs. DH also dropped out of work an two hours early so I go rest. Thank you COVID for a DH who is working from home.    

Questions: I can't remember, do the aversions last the entire pregnancy?  I feel like my aversions came and went last time but I am not 100% sure. 

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? I would love to go on a cruise again and I think that won't happen for a while.  My smaller goal is just to take my son to Butterfly Wonderland, he is obsessed with butterflies and I think he would love it. 

@chindimples04 good luck at your appointments this week. 

@aztecash That is great news, I am glad your appointment went well. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An iPhone app icon

Upcoming appointments: Tomorrow!

How are you feeling?: Nervous for my appointment. I'm not even sure what to expect, except that I'm seeing the nurse practitioner and will have an ultrasound. Also, damn my boobs hurt this week. I ordered a bigger bra, so hopefully that helps at least a little.

Rants/Raves: I'm very glad work has been quiet for a few weeks because I feel like I've been pretty useless. I get maybe an hour or two of mental clarity per day. Anyone else?

Questions: Nobody asked me to drink any water for the ultrasound. I assume it will be transvaginal? Also, what else are they going to want from me at this appointment? If it's blood work, I'll have to be extra and make them let me lie down, since I'm a fainter.

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? Gosh, I don't think we'll be going anywhere for a while, COVID or not. I have to hoard leave because I'm new to my job. I need to try to make it as close as possible to my 1-year service anniversary, when paid parental leave eligibility kicks in. And then we'll have a baby, so major travel probably won't be on the table for a few years.
  • @tingsmom, with my DD's pregnancy, my aversions lasted the whole time. There were some additional ones that came and went, but the big ones (eggs and chicken) stuck with me the entire pregnancy. 

@noprobalo, at my provider, an US at 8 weeks would most definitely be transvaginal. But you could always call if you aren't sure!

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8w6d. EDD October 6th! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a piece of popcorn 🍿🤗

Upcoming appointments: my second 6 week follow up is 3/26  

How are you feeling?: honestly, terrible lol. Nausea is pretty rough throughout the day and I’ve just recently starting throwing up once in the morning right away, sometimes once at night. I’m super exhausted and moody. My anxiety has increased so I’m trying to find a new therapist since mine retired ☹️

Rants/Raves: my tummy is bloated and making me feel like I have a teeny “bump” 🤓 obviously I’m sick of feeling like crap so I’m really hoping that calms down here in the next few weeks. 

Questions: anyone else have a subchronic hematoma? I got told I have a small one after my first ultrasound. I’ve had no bleeding or anything weird though. 

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? Granted I’m feeling better. Would love to do a baby moon if things are safe! Not sure quite yet how far I would want to go, or if I would want to stay in states. 

• @madiirosee I had a SCH with my first pregnancy. I had brown and pink spotting for 4 weeks. They ended up doing an ultrasound at 9w5d and saw a fairly large SCH healing. I was just put on pelvic rest for a few weeks and by my 12 week ultrasound, it was completely healed. They are pretty common. 
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tingsmom for me, the aversions went away eventually. By the second trimester, I was able to drink water, tea, and coffee again, as well as eat food that wasn't grilled cheese sandwiches or pizza. The chicken aversion lasted a little longer, but was definitely long gone by the third trimester. I hope yours disappear as well!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  Due 10/26, so 6 weeks today! 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Sweet pea and is starting to grow face buds :) 

Upcoming appointments: Pregnancy confirmation on 3/11

How are you feeling?: Exhausted and hungry all the time, but as soon as I eat, oh the bloating 🙈 I had severe nausea with both of my previous pregnancies, so thankful that hasn’t started yet. 

Rants/Raves: We’re trying to save money, and I just learned to make my favorite restaurant meal (shrimp tortellini Alfredo) at home and it wasn’t half bad 😋

Questions: none at this time 

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? El Paso to see my extended family, I miss them so much and cannot wait to hug them again 💜

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @chindimples04 Yay for being done with COVID! 

@galentine I’m with you usually wanting to adventure, but I’m so tired these days that the thought of a hammock on the beach is very enticing! 

@tingsmom Water aversion has certainly been my weirdest symptom, I’m normally a big water drinker but now it makes me nauseous and gives me heartburn. Sad. I’m also having an aversion to toothpaste which has been weird. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/5, 9+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: According to the French bakery setting on the Ovia app, I am carrying a canapé 

Upcoming appointments: 2 weeks since the last US, and 2 weeks until the next one. Will be with OB and MFM.

How are you feeling?: I feel like a lump who wants to do nothing other than eat white carbs and complain. By this time last pregnancy nausea was improving, but still going very strong this time. Also, heartburn has been a killer. If I’m hungry I’m nauseous, and if I eat I have heartburn. I have started sleeping on a wedge pillow which is partially helpful, but I won’t be able to do that once I can’t sleep on my back. I’m ready for this part to be over.

Rants/Raves: going to bed at 8 PM is basically my favorite thing

Questions: meh

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? In an imaginary perfect world- trip all around Europe. Doesn’t seem feasible with an infant though. Realistically, I really want to go to the Oregon coast again. 

• Forgot to answer this week!
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: due 10/15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: probably still a blueberry. A slightly bigger blueberry

Upcoming appointments: end of next month

How are you feeling?: Tired, hungry, full, the usual!

Rants/Raves: I'm so tired but I keep waking up in the middle of the night unable to get back to sleep

Questions: see above; am I the only one? Haha

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? I'm torn. I've always loved travel, but I also love my covid pajama cocoon. I'll be excited to go out to eat every once in a while, for sure!

• @pizzaplz, you aren't the only one having trouble sleeping! I had terrible insomnia with my DD's pregnancy, and it seems like it's starting with this one as well. I'm so tired, but then can't sleep. It's a vicious cycle 😭
  • @galentine I'm sorry to hear it, but also glad I'm not alone! I don't remember this with my daughter. I mean, definitely in the third trimester I was hardly sleeping, but the first? I was napping all the time and sleeping through the night. Bleeehhhhh

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15 currently 8 weeks today 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: Monday 3/8 for my official dating US

How are you feeling?: sooo tired and super cranky like all the time

Rants/Raves: my son is 3 in May and wow the emotional rollercoaster has begun I am not ready for the constant crying and struggle with independence just yet 

Questions: who is or who has done the NIPT test?

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? We were supposed to go to London last year to visit family and do a quick trip to Spain on our way back so probably trying to do that once everything is over 

• @bcliffee1, I did NIPT with my DD and I will do it again this time. My insurance mostly covers it, so for me, there's no reason not to. The peace of mind that all is good genetically is amazing.
  • @fitzfizz I had a water aversion last time and like you I normally drink a lot of water.  When I am not pregnant I am not far from the recommendation of what you are supposed to have when your pregnant.  Now I am struggling so much with it, this time it seems so much worse.  I have found different strategies that help but some days I am really struggling.  Luckily it's not giving me heartburn, sorry, hang in there.  I hope it goes away for both of us. 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: By my count, 7+4 today, but ob is going with a DD of 10/15.  

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Lemonhead 

Upcoming appointments: Not until 4/6 for NT scan.

How are you feeling?: OK, mostly just tired. A little nausea that comes and goes but I'm doing unisom/b6

Rants/Raves: My BFF has been here for 2 weeks and doesn't suspect anything! I kind of can't wait until she leaves and I can be openly pregnant at home again! Also get on here whenever I want!

Questions: Anyone else doing SneakPeek? 

GTKY: COVID is over, where are you going? Somewhere hot with a beach. Assuming this pregnancy is also over, somewhere all inclusive! We had a trip to Cancun planned for April 2020 and I still need to see about using my vouchers.

@bcliffee1 I'm doing NIPT. I also just got genetic screening done at my first appt.

• *TW*
    @demimondaine I’m impressed you have hidden your pregnancy that long!
    I really want to do sneakpeek but my SO doesn’t want to (we had a MMC Sept 2020). Im pretty confident I can follow all the extreme non-contamination procedures but am also kind of worried about it not being right....how about you?
    Either way I am doing the NIPT because I’m 35 and my SO is ok with finding out 2-3 weeks later.
  • @mac-n-cheese Yeah I have my son and dh here so I'm going to do it at my office/apt. I won't get my nipt blood draw until 4/6 and then it will take about a week so it was worth it to me to know a month earlier 😆 Or at least think I know!