October 2021 Moms

March Symptoms

Re: March Symptoms

• @mac-n-cheese glad you’re back at home and hope you’re feeling better.
  • @mac-n-cheese Whew, what a saga. I feel very fortunate to merely be slightly uncomfortable at this point.
  • Loading the player...
  • @mac-n-cheese, you are such a trooper! I hope you are getting some rest and your H and DD are taking good care of you! ❤
  • @k_rn21 I had heart palpitations in my first pregnancy, although I don’t think they started this early. I went to a cardiologist and had an EKG and an ultrasound done. Both were normal, but it was good for me to have the peace of mind! Pregnancy can do weird things to your blood flow for sure.
  • @grangerhp37 thank you! Glad it’s not just me but yeah it’s super scary and it’s been every day for about 2 weeks almost now. I have my first OB appt in a couple weeks. Thought about calling them now about it but I’ll just try to hold off until then. My pulse feels normal when it happens it’s just such an odd feeling. 
  • @k_rn21 It is a very weird feeling! It got better for me after my daughter was born but didn’t 100% go away. I forgot to mention I also wore a Holter monitor for 48 hours... that was not fun in the summer!
  • @mac-n-cheese I’m glad you’re able to be home with you SO and DD! Hope you can get the rest and care you need and keep hanging in there!! 

@k_rn21 the racing heart feeling is crazy! I actually had it really bad after delivery and kept mentioning it and getting blown off and then when we were literally about to be discharged my OB listened to my heart and was like oh my word your heart is way too fast! Did an ekg and I also had a second degree av block (these things come and go for me) I had to stay an extra night for monitoring and thankfully it all resolved postpartum but it was scary.  I was so mad at the nurse who blew me off and said my heart sounded fine and then flat out lied and told the OB right in front of me that she had also heard it 🙈 don’t be afraid to call your OB sooner if it’s too bad- I called mine all the time with my first pregnancy lol
  • @momofmiracles31889 thank you for your kind words 🙂 That’s so scary about your heart! I’m glad you advocated for yourself. I wouldn’t have been happy about that nurse that’s for sure!! Hope you are doing better with your N/V too!
  • @momofmiracles31889 oh my! That sounds intense. I would’ve flipped out. I can’t stand when people don’t listen and take you seriously. Like, hello.. it’s your body. You know when something isn’t right. I’m really considering calling my OB back just to see what they say but I’ve never been to them before and I’m afraid of medical bills 😣ahh, might breakdown and call tomorrow for peace of mind. The thing is my pulse doesn’t feel like it’s racing it’s just this weird feeling in my chest and I almost feel like I need to take deep breaths when it happens. Pregnancy can be so weird on our bodies. 
  • @mac-n-cheese thanks for your kind words too! It’s so hard being sick- worth it but hard nonetheless. I really hope you can get relief at some point during your pregnancy this time! How have you been feeling since you’ve been home? My N/V is a tinyyy bit better (9 weeks today) still nauseous all day but I manage to make it until 4-5pm without throwing up instead of starting by noon so that’s been nice. Then I just have those 3 hours in the evening that are dreadful until my next Bonjesta haha. And yeah it’s crazy how you really have to advocate for your health these days- I really think so many healthcare providers are just way overbooked and miss things too easily

@k_rn21 right?! I’ve become that annoying patient that will keep asking about my symptoms 100 times if needed until I get a satisfactory answer lol. Oh I also had my OB give me medicine I shouldn’t be on post partum 🙈 I had really bad tearing so they were filling me up with pain meds (Motrin and Tylenol) and I asked if it was ok with still being on the blood thinners and they said yes. Welp it wasn’t. When I saw the cardiologist a couple days into my hospital stay he freaked out saying I shouldn’t be on Motrin and blood thinners without also being on Pepcid or my stomach could bleed.... I just cold turkeyed that Motrin I was like I do not want another problem or another medicine! Like hello shouldn’t anyone with a medical degree be able to read what drugs aren’t ok together?! I would’ve myself if I wasn’t delirious from giving birth and literally only having slept 4 hours over the course of 72 hours 🤦🏻‍♀️ At least this time I’m more prepared lol 

also my OB is great about calls you can call the nursing line as much as needed without extra payments, but of course if you have to go in for them to check you it’d cost money. hopefully yours has a free nursing line too. I learned that the one nurse was worth talking to and the other wasn’t- one would actually reasonably talk through your symptoms with you the other would say “I don’t have a magic eight ball to know what that means so you should go to the ER” 🤦🏻‍♀️ Also I have experienced what you’re describing while pregnant. But it never hurts to check! 

• @momofmiracles31889 that’s so exciting to be 9 weeks. I’m just over 8. I’m sorry you are still feeling nauseous all day. Getting to the point of actually throwing up every day on top of the that is so tough. I hope yours improves too; feeling like that is not maintainable for too long.
    I’ve been feeling a little better since leaving the hospital. I made it through a small dinner of few French fries, mozzarella sticks and some melon last night. I threw up in the middle of the night and this morning. I was able to give myself 2 “bolus” doses of Zofran through my pump today. They also upped my dose base dose I get 24 hours a day through he pump a bit too. I also had a temporary IV home health placed and it lasts “as long as it stays in/up to four days.” I had to take the IV out today (48 hours) because the site started itching so no IV fluids 😬 seeing my OB tomorrow for a follow up so that’s good!
    I can get through it as long as the baby is ok is what I keep saying!
  • @momofmiracles31889 ok so I called yesterday and they got back to me too late in the day for an appointment there with them so she literally told me to go to the ER. I explained to her I wasn’t in pain and preferred NOT to go to the ER. So then she said call my primary to get in ASAP today and if I can’t, go to the ER. Now it has me kind of freaked out but if I end up in the ER and it’s nothing... I mean I’ll have peace of mind, but also a hefty bill I’m sure. 🙁
  • All I gotta say is. HOLY HEARTBURN BATMAN! my dang chest is on fire 🔥😓😓
  • I was walking around the store this afternoon and I swore i could feel my uterus jiggling 🥴 Maybe its just fat but I dont know, it felt deeper. So weird! 
  • So I saw my primary doctor yesterday, long story short I have to go to the hospital Tuesday for a 24 hr holter monitor. My palpitations last night were the worst they’ve ever been. Today I am pure exhausted, headache. Overall feeling pretty miserable. Also today during one of my episodes my pulse was all sorts of irregular for a minute or so. Now I’m starting to worry a little bit but my EKG yesterday they said looked good. I don’t know what to think. 🙁
  • @k_rn21 oh no! That sounds scary! I am so sorry your going through that. Hopefully you get answers Tuesday and it’s nothing significant. 
  • @k_rn21 I’m glad that you are being followed and get a holter this coming week. Hope everything turns out well for you.
  • @tingsmom @mac-n-cheese thanks ladies. I’m nervous but would rather be safe than sorry. Hope you are all feeling well. 
  • I’m ready to be able to brush my teeth without wanting to vomit..... 🤢🤢🤢
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @mac-n-cheese Ugh it really is tough!! I’m still the same symptoms wise but REALLY hoping im at the peak and it’s atleast not gonna get worse from here and eventually start getting better (the sooner the better lol) I’m so ready to not be nauseous all waking hours and to not throw up daily! It’s exhausting. But I feel so bad for you because you have it even worse! How has it been without the IV fluids in are you able to stay hydrated??

@k_rn21 I hope everything goes well for you on Tuesday and that your heart isn’t anything serious! I know it’s scary! Hopefully like me you’ll just have mild things that resolve eventually and just have to be kept an eye on 
  • @chindimples04, you have my sympathies. I vomited every single time I brushed my teeth during my first trimester with DD, and it was brutal. I always wanted to brush again to clean my teeth afterwards.... which sometimes led to history repeating itself. I'm so sorry you are dealing with that and I hope it gets better soon.

My nausea is so strange this time. I feel nauseous when I start to get hungry. But then I start eating, and there's a very VERY fine line between being hungry and being full, and I seem to cross it without realizing. And then I feel nauseous because I'm too full. It's so confusing!
  • @galentine the ONLY time I am awake and not nauseous is while i am chewing food. For real. Before and after I feel on the verge of puking 🤷🏻‍♀️ Too bad if I eat all day long my evening throw up would be even more terrible plus I’m trying to be reasonable this time with weight gain since I still had 20 lbs to lose when I got pregnant again whoops 🙈
  • @mac-n-cheese HG is literally the most unfair thing. I’m currently 120 (also 5’7) because my nausea doesn’t allow me to eat like a normal human. I could only imagine adding constant vomiting to that!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 the struggle is real! You said it perfectly—oh to eat like a normal human!
  • @k_rn21 thinking of you today and hope your holler placement is easy for you.
  • Okay ladies, I need your help. Still waiting for my results of my 24 hr holter monitor but today I feel like I constantly need to take deep breathes. It was so uncomfortable and felt like I couldn’t breathe and I broke down crying which obviously only made things much much worse. My friend thinks it’s just massive anxiety. I have never had this or felt like this before and to be honest it’s miserable and I’m so afraid of the next 7 months. Apparently my body doesn’t handle pregnancy well in my 30s. Also if it is anxiety there’s really not much that can be done during pregnancy such as medications. Idk. I just need some help. Am I alone on this? What should I do? 
  • noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited March 2021
    @k_rn21 There are some anxiety medications that are safe in pregnancy. It might take some work to find something that helps. However, if you feel like you can't breathe, you should go to the ER. Like now.
  • @k_rn21 Shortness of breath can be normal because of increased progesterone. However that with the wonky heart rate reminds me of my terrible COVID experience. Also I take effexor for anxiety.
  • Anyone else's nausea and vomiting starting to decrease? I'm 9w+4 and down to 2x a day from about 7-10 times a day. I also started taking extra B6 so idk if it's due to that.

I'm looking at the light and the end of the nausea and vomiting tunnel....
  • @k_rn21 You doing okay? Just wanted to check in.
  • @tari_sara I'm 9w6d and mine seems to be getting worse  :/ I need to get B6 but I keep forgetting to get some. Last night I got up at 230 and got super sick, though I am hoping I just ate something that didn't agree with me. Usually I am just having nausea and dry heaves. So glad yours is dying down though!!
  • @noprobalo thanks for checking on me. I am doing okay. Went to my PCP again yesterday and they want to do some more bloodwork. I also really want to accept the Zoloft she offered as I’ve been on medication in the past and I feel like it would help and maybe make all these other things go away I just want to make sure it’s okay with my OB. I really think all of this is stress driven. I just want to feel normal. 
  • @k_rn21 I relate to you and I’m sorry you are going through this! I’m glad you keep getting checked though bc it’s hard to discern for yourself between physical anxiety and something more serious so always safest for you and baby to get seen!

I saw my cardiologist this week and once again am back to having a super fast heart rate, I think it’s called a sinus tachycardia. It’s not ideal. But for me it’s most likely caused by the medicine I’m on for my HG to keep me from throwing up all day (Bonjesta). So I don’t really have a choice. She’s having me do a 24 hr monitor this week too to make sure it’s not terrible. I also struggle with anxiety and get physical symptoms
    from that.  So I really do relate! Hang in there- pregnancy is a nervewracking time bc when health concerns come up you worry about your precious baby too and not just yourself. I have multiple friends who have taken zoloft during pregnancy and have perfect healthy little ones :) 
  • @momofmiracles31889 I’m sorry you’re going through a similar situation but it does help knowing we aren’t alone in situations! So so much. Let us know how your monitor goes. As for the Zoloft, thank you, makes me feel better. I’m going to call my OB tomorrow and I see them on Thursday. I really want to take it but of course I jumped on the internet and read things prior so I’m on the fence but my friend was told by her fetal maternal doctor that it’s safe so I don’t think I should worry but will see! Maybe when summer roles around some of the blues will go away too!
  • @k_rn21 I took depression and anxiety meds with my DD. The risk to my mental health (and thus physical health) was much too great to not take them. I was on anxiety meds not really recommended in pregnancy too.
    I have not taken my Zoloft this pregnancy since finding out at 3 ½ weeks, but I will be once the first trimester is over.
    If you ever need to talk, bounce ideas off someone, commiserate, etc feel free to message me. 
    Hang in there and do what’s best to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. *internet hugs*
  • @k_rn21 yes you’re not alone in these struggles!! I’ve had my share of health things during pregnancy but it’s all been so worth it to bring my miracle baby (now hopefully a second) home! I also 100 percent understand the struggle with deciding about zoloft- honestly I should probably have been on it for years but I have OCD and I struggle a lot with letting go of things I read on the internet too. I’m also on blood thinners while I’m pregnant which I read mixed things about taking with zoloft which complicates things. But all that to say- I truly do know multiple people who have had zero issues being on it during pregnancy and multiple doctors have assured me it’s safe so if you need it and get your doctor’s ok don’t be hard on yourself! I’m planning to go on it postpartum this time if I can get the ok with my blood thinners. 

I will say in my personal experience- my mental health (I deal with OCD, anxiety and seasonal depression) was and has been REALLY tough during my first trimesters (which have both been in winter) but with my son I felt like the best I ever have been mentally in the second and third trimester (which also fell in spring/summer) so hoping for the same this time! Maybe you’ll find that for yourself too! I will be honest though post partum was really rough for me so I probably should have gone on meds then. 
  • @mac-n-cheese thank you so much!! It helps to hear that so much. Just nice knowing other people in the same situation. I really am leaning more towards taking it just because I feel like it will make a huge difference to have an overall more safe and healthy pregnancy because obviously the stress alone isn’t good for myself or little one. I left a message for my OB today just to see what they say but I think I’ll feel better taking it seeing how the past few weeks have been going. I appreciate you and your input. I hope you have been feeling better as I know you have been struggling with HG and I can’t imagine how rough that is. Hugs! And thank you again. 

@momofmiracles31889 thank you as well. As mentioned it’s so helpful to hear from you ladies that have gone through this. I can’t really discuss it with DH as he doesn’t understand and I don’t have the energy to explain or argue about it so that makes it more difficult sometimes. This pregnancy has been so much different than my first from a mental and physical standpoint. My depression and anxiety have been brutal and I am already terrified for the postpartum period and I feel terrible feeling like that. I want to be excited (which all the more reason I feel like I do need to be on the Zoloft and sooner rather than later) because I’m hoping it would help through that phase. But like you said sometimes seasonal changes alone can help so we will see. But again, thank you. It’s so helpful having this board and all of you to converse with! Thank you! 
  • @cait32 thank you for sharing. That’s how I feel with this one. I should be happy and excited and mostly I’m just depressed, irritable and feel this dark cloud over me. It’s definitely not enjoyable and I’m tired of feeling like this. Literally cannot wait until my OB appointment Thursday. I’m just ready to feel like myself again and be happy. Makes me feel terrible to feel this way. 
  • @k_rn21 you’re definitely not alone. TW:
    I have terrible anxiety in all my pregnancies (intrusive thoughts, constant worry that I’m going to die and leave my children with out a mother. 
    it’s never gotten to where I’ve been medicated but if it ever got to that point I wouldn’t hesitate to take medications. I hope your ob appt goes well and you get some help (in whatever form that takes).