Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 3/1

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Monday 3/1

• Month/Cycle: 9/9

CD: 21

WAYDTGKU: charting

R/R: CD 21 and no FW in sight... what is happening?! Not even a flashing smiley from CBAD :( This is our last week of hybrid school before we go fully in next week, so a lot of prepping and anticipation happening here. I also applied to a job I really, really want last night... so I'll be stressed hoping to hear for the next however many days/weeks. Gah!

CS/Q: 

• lurking from tww

@fameonmain2 that’s great that you found a job you really want! is it similar to your job now and just in a different school or something totally different?
  • Loading the player...
  • @bows22 thanks! It's different, it would be working with teachers in training and coordinating a program for them. It's a bit of a stretch based on my qualifications so I don't really have high hopes but I knew I had to at least try! Also re-working my resume took forever so I'm glad that's done for future applications
  • @fameonmain2 hope you hear back on that job! Nothing wrong with reaching. Pretty sure many people don't meet the full qualifications for jobs they get hired for. As long as you have the base skills you should be a great candidate :) How many days ago did you start your CBAD testing? What CD do you normally O?

Month/Cycle: 4 AL

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: bbt, opks, gf and df diet, healing DH ASAP

R/R: DH got sick over the weekend :| so uhh.... yeah great timing for that to happen, right at the start of FW. Hoping he feels better by Wednesday or Thursday so we can at least HIO close to O which should be over the coming weekend. He was around people he's rarely around the previous weekend for an extended period of time, including eating at a restaurant so flu... covid... don't really know. I think he has to go get tested working for the high school as an advisor to the robotics program, or he might just be required to stay home until he has no symptoms. Idk *shrug* I just hope I don't catch it.

CS/Q: temps are staying pretty steady so yay! 3 days in and I don't have a clue if I'm checking my cervix properly lol. Unfortunately that's stressing me out a little bit!

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @fameonmain2 that's really exciting! women notoriously are fearful of applying for a job when they don't meet every bullet on the listing, and that is not how it should be! part of a new job is learning on the job!

@inthewoods23 i hope you don't catch it either!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: opk, tracking with an app

R/R: this is both a rant and rave - i am set to get my covid vaccine friday, which i am elated about... but out of an abundance of caution will be using protection in march. so that's a bummer re trying. 

CS/Q: i don't temp... i just track with an app, but my cycle has gotten shorter... it's averaging 25 days which i know is in the normal range, but this past one was 23 days. tw... live child.... when i got pregnant with my daughter in 2019 i had a 28 day cycle and i'm wondering if that is an issue now?!

• @fameonmain2 keeping fingers crossed for you! new jobs can be scary especially as you sit in the unknown of "waiting to hear back" but reaching is so good!! that sucks with the CBAD though, hopefully it's just late and wonky this month?
    @inthewoods23 here's to hoping that with your DH it's nothing serious and you get to HIO this weekend ;)

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: bbt, CBAD opk, CM and position

R/R: AF is acting real strange this time around. Ever since I starting getting periods (so almost 15 years ago), I have always always always had a 5 (very occasionally 6) day long visit; this only ever varied when I was on the copper IUD but that was over 6 years ago. Anyway, this month she was in and out like a weekend trip or a layover and I am confused. Flow was normal. (not trying to ask if I got KU, my eggos are definitely not preggo rn lol) Like, lady, this is not the time for you to be getting all special!

CS/Q: still too early to tell anything, temps staying about the same every day
  • @anniemarie887 What day in your cycle do you typically O or when do you get your first +opk? If your LP is fine, the only concern I could see with having short cycles is if your body is ovulating an egg that isn't mature. *tw* does your average include every cycle since having your DD? I can imagine cycles could be wonky after PG but I have no experience with that. I'm just basing that off my knowledge and experience with cycles post-MC *end tw*. It wouldn't hurt to just pose the question to your OB to see what they say. Maybe they'll tell you to contact them again in the future if you continue to have these really short cycles for another few months.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 i am not an expert at tracking at all - so that being said, i just bought digital opks to try last month and the first day dropped the reader in the toilet... and with covid i didn't make a fast enough effort to replace so truthfully i'm just using what my app is saying, and CM as an indicator from the last 3 mos... long winded way of getting to the point here (sorry!) but i think at like day 11 - so i've still got 14 days on a 25 day cycle. this 23 one threw me off. so i think my app is just taking the last 6 months, and yes, *TW PG/live child my cycles before having DD we're like clockwork for 6 mos from when i removed my IUD to getting PG but i do know that my body has been through a lot of change in the last two years. *end TW
  • @inthewoods23 thanks for the support! I usually O around CD 20-22 so I'm not sure what's going on this month. I had a little bit of fertile cm a few days ago but nothing since... could be stress related of course! I'm going to test again tonight to see if I can at least get a flashing smiley. I really hope whatever YH has isn't contagious! Has he felt any better as the day has gone on?

@anniemarie887 oh I am so guilty of that. MH is so much better about "just try" but I'm always worried that whoever is reviewing my resume (if it even makes it that far) will be like "haha yeah no." On the covid vaccine, I totally get your caution, there's definitely a lot of information on past threads here though about getting it and ttc. Just in case you're interested in learning a bit more! 23 seems short, but I think LH strips/temping can help a bit to see if/when you are surging/if you are ovulating. Could have been an an-o, too. 

@chgilmore thanks! Hoping I'm just going to O a little later. As for your AF, has anything changed this month? Stress, eating...? The only time I have had a weird AF since getting off bc is when *TW* *think* I had a cp. *end TW* I started reading the period repair manual a few weeks ago but then fell off (I always forget to keep going when I pause an e-book) but if I have a chance tonight I'll check to see if it mentions anything like that.

• @fameonmain2 that's a really good point. I feel like I've been constantly stressed since last March because of COVID, I did get my first vaccine dose Friday so maybe that's part of it too. *TW* that's a good point too, I may have had a CP, the line was especially faint for a few days with FMU but was gone two days before AF came and then nothing showed up on my BT/beta, another good reason to maybe not test so early this month *end TW* ooo period repair manual? never heard of that!
  • @chgilmore hopefully the wonky period was just a one time thing. Something to keep note of I suppose and see how things are in the coming months.

@anniemarie887 yeah I would say for now your cycle isn't much of a concern but keep track will definitely help.

@fameonmain2 hopefully that flashing smiley is around the corner! Yes DH is doing a lot better. He had a fever of 102 before bed last night but as of lunchtime he's down to 97.7 so seems like this is just the flu if his fever is already gone. He's still achy and with chills but otherwise he's okay.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • rgn12rgn12 member

Month/Cycle: 7/2AL

CD: 1-2

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNV

R/R: We were on a waiting list of like 10 weeks to get a dead tree cut down, and they came today surprisingly! Woohoo! It’s the little things sometimes... haha

CS/Q: I have a question about CD... I was spotting yesterday and then it stopped, but today have a normal flow so definitely AF. Do I count yesterday or today as CD1? I never have spotting, so never thought about it until now! Not that it really matters THAT much anyways 😂

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @anniemarie887 TW

I also had my daughter in 2019, and my cycle has been super off since coming back in 2020. Mine has actually been much longer than it was before PG, but my OB didn’t seem to have any concerns. You could always reach out to your OB to check-in and ask if you are concerned! I am by no means an expert, just having different cycles myself postpartum and after a CP. 

• @rgn12 am not a doctor but! I use Flo as my primary period tracking app (in addition to FF) and after attempting to add spotting to my cycle a few times, it told me that if I expect AF and I have "spotting" before or after main flow, it is still part of a period and should track it as such - apparently the "spotting" option is meant for bleeding unassociated with AF (ie implantation bleeding, etc). citation needed but hope that helps
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @chgilmore thanks! That makes sense, definitely none of those things and definitely AF! 
  • @fameonmain2 it's always good to have someone giving you a little nudge along! thankfully not worried about it impacting fertility, just feel like let's get those 2 doses knocked out and take a seat this month. i've had two very close friends do both of their vaccinations in their 3rd trimester and have no issues. i trust the science 100%.
    @inthewoods23 thanks!
    @rgn12 i probably need to call and set up my annual appt anyway, so i guess you would say good timing? or let's call it relevant timing. 
  • @chgilmore yes it’s a book that was recommended to me by another group and I have definitely found the supplements it suggests helpful. It’s also pretty easy to read! It’s a good companion to tcoyf. 

@rgn12 I typically spot before my period. Depending on how much spotting is happening I will mark it as light flow. 

@inthewoods23 oh what a relief! So happy to hear he’s feeling better. 
  • chgilmore said:
    @rgn12 am not a doctor but! I use Flo as my primary period tracking app (in addition to FF) and after attempting to add spotting to my cycle a few times, it told me that if I expect AF and I have "spotting" before or after main flow, it is still part of a period and should track it as such - apparently the "spotting" option is meant for bleeding unassociated with AF (ie implantation bleeding, etc). citation needed but hope that helps

I actually looked this up this morning and found the same answer, but some articles say otherwise.  Some cycles I spot a day before, then the next day I get full flow. 

• @rgn12 when I was working with an RE, she classified CD1 as the first day you can fill any kind of protection. If I have barely anything on a pantiliner after 8 hours I'd consider that just spotting, not AF. Sometimes I go by color too. Like spotting may be brown or pink. But I know it's AF when that blood is bright red, even if the flow isn't much to start.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 glad to hear YH is feeling better!

@fameonmain2 fingers crossed that you get that job! That's exciting :) As a former teacher, I know jobs that like are so important, and it's all the more important that they're run by people passionate about what they do. 

Month/Cycle: 13/don't know

CD: 16 I think

WAYDTGKU: Waiting for FET - saline ultrasound this Thursday

R/R: I know it's cliche, but seeing March 1 roll around today hit me like a ton of bricks. We've been effectively isolated for almost a year, and it's just really getting to me. Thankfully my in-laws have now been vaccinated, my dad gets his first in a couple days, and my mom will hopefully be eligible on March 15. ***TW: mention of children*** My kids have been out of day care/preschool for almost a year now, and I think we're all at the end of our ropes. While I'm doing my best to homeschool them, and while I think I'm doing a pretty good job in some areas, I know it's just not good enough. They'll be back to school in early May if all the vaccines go well, because we had to make the decision to have them keep seeing their grandparents or stay in school. Hopefully vaccinated grandparents means we can go back to (somewhat) normal. 

CS/Q: none

• @fameonmain2 ahh good luck!! Change is scary and exciting at the same time, fx for you!! 

@inthewoods23 ugh so sorry, hope he feels better soon and you don’t catch it!

@anniemarie887 *TW in spoiler*

My cycle shorted by a few days after DS2 and flow went from 5 to 3 days (no complaints there). I feel like it’s been more difficult to track this TTC, but I’m still very “regular” with a few wonky cycles since November.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs

R/R: Rave: Finally had our floors and baseboards re-done. It’s been on my project list for awhile and took months to get all the materials in. They’re in and I love them! 

CS/Q: None

• @misspricklepants thanks for sharing, it's good to know i'm not the only one!