June 2021 Moms

Healthy Habits March Steps Goals

Let’s do this! 

Share your personal daily steps goal for March! 

We will do weekly check-ins for accountability.

Though we are all pregnant, we each have different lifestyles/fitness goals/etc, so tailor yours to what you need/want the challenge to be. If you prefer to record km/miles because that is what your device tracks, share that as well. Monday is the first day! 

Re: Healthy Habits March Steps Goals

• I think for this first week of March I'd like to set my goal at 7k steps, and am hoping by the end of March to be at 10k a day. I wasn't active at all last week and really hurt a lot- I can't tell if I wasn't active bc I hurt or if I hurt bc I wasn't active. Either way, now the the weather should be improving I want to spend more time outside! 
  • @_orchid_ you put my steps goal to shame 😂 I’m going to aim for 4K daily in the first week and build up from there. I’ve been pretty dormant since covid started (damn you desk job and lockdown!) but I’m so in for this challenge. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was going to say 50k/week, but haven't done that since pre-pregnancy. Let's say 42k/week to start (6000/day) and see how that works out
  • I’m going to do kms since when I walk, I push the stroller and thus miss out on steps and I also do bike rides for exercise. 

Goal will be 3.5 kms/day in activity. If it warms up, I’ll up it to 4.5 kms/day. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• I'm going to go for 7500 steps a day or (if the weather is bad) 5000+30 minutes of exercise bike.  

@wendy838 I hear you on the covid+desk job!  My desk is set up in our guest room that is literally about 10 feet from the bathroom and on the same floor as the kitchen.  I barely get any activity at all during the day unless I get up and do it intentionally!  
  • @wendy838 don't feel bad- it's mostly work related for me. I'm an elementary teacher librarian so during a pre-covid year I'd be on my feet all day teaching and then walking around shelving books. And my boys are super active so I need to get them moving outside every day. I'm actually pretty worried about going back to regular life bc there were days pre-covid I would hit 10k steps by 3 pm and I'm not close to that level anymore. 

@akoros I like the idea of a weekly goal over a daily goal, I think I might do that too. 
  • I have gotten an embarrassingly low amount of steps in since Covid-19 and  ow pregnancy nausea and fatigue. I couldn’t believe my average when I looked!! My goal is to get 40k this week (oof so bad this is a goal, I used to Zumba 3-4 times a week and had an 15k/day average), but I’m working on getting more active! Fitbit is charging. 
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • @disgruntled_pelican When I was training for my half, I was running over 30 miles a week. I was shocked when I looked at my recent steps per day, some days not even 2,000! 

@AKuzReve Wait you lose steps with a stroller? How did I not know this for years?! 

My goal is going to be 40,000 for week 1. Will see how that looks next weekend and reevaluate. 
  • @ramzlau my Fitbit used to register some of my stroller walks as bike rides. I think it has to do with the position of my wrist bc the same thing happens when I mow the lawn. 
  • My daily step goal for this week is going to be 3500. I've been basically dormant since I got pregnant, so this would be a massive step in the right direction for me. My Apple watch is on and I'll walk around my house as much as I can during my breaks from work.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • My goal will be to hit about 7,000 steps a day for now and at least 30 mins of exercise per day. I'll up it from there if I need to. I'll see how this goes. 
  • @_orchid_ Yeah, I know things get in the way (i.e. rain today) so I prefer a weekly goal just so I can be more flexible. I need to get back into some sort of strength training, too. The extra weight and odd placement has been doing a number on me, so feeling super weak!
  • @ramzlau, yes because your hand has to be swinging for the steps! Usually if I’m holding a coffee, then I’m pushing with the arm with my Apple watch on it and lose out on so many steps since it’s not moving. So I set my exercise on instead when I go out and accurately get the kms. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• Well, even though it was way colder than I thought it was and my 4 year old was in an AWFUL mood- we went for a walk before dinner to help me reach my step goal. I was able to determine that once around my block is about 2k steps, so that’s handy (footy?) info.
    Married <3 August 2010
    DD1  <3 August 2011
    DD2 <3 August 2013
    DD3 <3 February 2017
  • I had a hellish day but got out the door to get my steps. 
  • Rain stopped early enough for me to get out as well. Was gusty, but still kind of nice. Made it 3 miles, I think the pelvic brace helped (though a bit sore today)
  • oh my gosh it's so cold today!  Yesterday I walked DS to school which is a mile round trip and then pick up so I had a great day for steps but today will need to be all indoor workouts.  brrrrrr
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I don't have a step goal for March, but I would like to continue to workout 5x a week. I've been pretty consistent since January, but it is getting harder every week.
  • @akoros Which pelvic brace did you go with? I think my tight IT bands and glutes are pulling on my pelvic muscles causing a lot of pain. Maybe it will help? 
  • It's warming up a little today so I'm committed to getting out for a walk.  I'm going to try and do yoga every day in March, either on its own or a short class in addition to whatever workout I do.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @ramzlau I ordered this one and this one. Debating whether I'll keep one or both.

The first (CFR) is what I wore on Monday, it's pretty comfortable and the fabric is softer so it's not terribly uncomfortable to wear on bare skin if you want to. It comes in 3 pieces that you can use progressively, which I kind of liked, and I also liked the back support because my back is terrible. The only thing is that the "part 1" band feels kind of big, with just that on I don't feel much support. That said, adding the "part 2" piece for low back support fixes that problem and really does help my back. It's also not that comfortable to sit in, but that could be me because I have a short torso and wear it really low, so the edges curl up when I sit.

The second (Neotech) I've worn around the house and plan to wear today if I get outside for a walk. The design reminds me of the Belly Bandit but cheaper. I like that it's smaller/simpler, so more comfortable to wear while sitting and just casually going about my business (the other one I feel kind of strapped in). The fabric is scratchy, though, so I wouldn't wear it against your bare skin. 
  • Hi! I know I've been MIA but I'm gonna jump back in! 

I think I will make my goal to be weekly instead of daily, just to ease more into it. I've been trying to walk at least 3 miles 4 times a week, I think I've been averaging 50K a week so I will stick to that number. And thank you for the belt rec @akoros, I've been getting more SPD pain and I really don't want it to get to the point of my last pregnancy! Can't find my old one in my disaster of a basement.
  • akorosakoros member
    edited March 2021
    2.7mi down, definitely a lovely day outside. Belt totally helped as well (did the Neotech one), though I noticed after Monday that I get disappointingly sore the day after a walk (not just pelvic pain, but also my legs...I guess they're not used to the extra weight) so will likely need to take it easy tomorrow. That said, so far up just past 20k steps so far this week, so a good start!
  • I didn't get my goal yesterday or today. This week has been really intense work-wise and I haven't been sleeping. It's like the pressure cooker of this year finally blew up. Hoping to be able to get out soon. 

@akoros I've noticed this week that my inner thigh tendons feel loose, and my upper legs are sore. 
  • @_orchid_ Same, it's mostly my upper legs and hips. Not terribly stiff today, though, so maybe it was just the first day that got me. 

Debating whether to get back out again today. I'd like to, but there's supposed to be some sort of QAnon protest (maybe?). Tomorrow I get the COVID shot, so not sure if I'll be knocked out the next few days