June 2021 Moms
Options

TTGP Check-in 2/25

This check in is for the ladies who actively participated in the Trying to Get Pregnant Board for any length of time.

How far along are you?
Upcoming Appointments?
Cravings/Symptoms?
How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms?
Questions?

TTC History- *TW* LC
Me: 24 Dh: 46
Married: 10.2018
DS #1: 06.2014
Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG), Emergency C-Section
MC: 03.2017- 5 Weeks
Rainbow DS #2: 07.2018
HG, 19w Fetal Surgery, 24w PPROM, 33w Placental Abruption, Partial Uterine Rupture, Emergency C-Section
NICU, Chronic Kidney Disease
TTC #3: Medically Cleared 12.5.2019, had a bunch of problems and wonky cycles
BFP 10.13.2020 EDD: 6.26.2021

October 2020 TTGP Signature Challenge: Pets in Costumes

Re: TTGP Check-in 2/25

• Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks today
    Upcoming Appointments? Growth scan and OB appointment on Wednesday
    Cravings/Symptoms? I am totally addicted to Cava this pregnancy (kind of like a Mediterranean Chipotle for those who don't have it near them). I think my body is craving salad to help move things along intestinally lol. Feeling pretty good in second tri other than pretty bad daily heartburn and occasional constipation. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? I am doing SO much better this week. Last week was a real mental/emotional doozy with the deep freeze and power/water issues and just a coincidentally bad work week. This week I've had a lot of downtime to catch my breath (maybe too much even lol). I am a little nervous for my Wednesday appointment after the MCI diagnosis last time though, fingers crossed little dude is growing okay,
    Questions? Nope. Hope everyone is doing well!
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    How far along are you? 22+3
    Upcoming Appointments? March 9th for growth scan and GD test
    Cravings/Symptoms? Lot of random pains: RLP, pelvic pressure, pelvic pain, intermittent back pain. None of it is debilitating, just uncomfortable. The saline mist I got has been a miracle for my nose. It still gets a bit stuffy, but not nearly as bad and far less blood. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Exhausted. I was supposed to have a bunch of time this week, and it disappeared Wednesday morning. Almost caught up, but I think I'm going to bump my last outstanding report to next week (my boss said we could do it this week, but that was before Wednesday happened). We're starting to break into spring weather, which I'm definitely excited for
    Questions? None right now

@legallykate LOVE Cava. I forgot how much they expanded, I still think of it as a local chain.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @legallykate never had cava but I just spent way too much time looking at their insta. There is a location at my mall so I might need to head over there this weekend, that looks right up my alley. Thanks! Hope everything is ok with your little guy on Wednesday!! 

@akoros glad you're getting relief from your congestion! Good luck catching up with work. I am right there with you re: exhaustion, this week has been tough. 

How far along are you? Uhh 22+3?? (Thanks @akoros 😂)
    Upcoming Appointments? Fetal echo this morning was good, I see the hema on Thursday, MFM Friday, and regular ob Friday. I am so over appointments. 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Thirsty all the time, bagels are back in the mix. Omg and cereal- I are an ENTIRE family sized box of frosted mini wheats in two sittings this week for lunch. Exhausted, but this has been a crazy work week- Monday I was on the computer for 10.5 hours between classes and meetings. This is the first week in a while I've needed to nap for a bit every day. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing ok. Wondering how I'm going to do this for 17 more weeks. I feel like between the time I'm going to Dr appointments and napping (and working) I'm not getting a ton of quality time in with my kids and I'm feeling guilty about that. Really happy the weather is turning though and that we made it through this winter. Putting ds2 back into daycare full time starting in March and I think that will help us all. 
    Questions? NATM 
  • Options
    @legallykate mediterranean food sounds yummy! I hope your appointment goes well this week!

@akoros I'm glad the saline mist is helping.

@_orchid_ jealous you are already at spring.

How far along are you? 26+4
    Upcoming Appointments? 3/8 ultrasound, gd test, and check up
    Cravings/Symptoms? Sugary things. Trying to use fruit and yogurt to satisfy the craving rather than cookies or candy.
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Anxious to get to my appointment. I really want to know if the choroid plexus cyst has resolved in it's own. My mom had a kid in her classroom diagnosed with COVID, so she is quarantining for 14 days. She is really upset and nervous. She double masks in her classroom and washed her hands, but she works with 3 & 4 year-olds, so the kids aren't great about their masks. She is convinced she is going to get it, and I am so sad for her. Between my dad's eye and the death of her mother in the fall, she's been through enough this year. 
    Questions? NATM
    ~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 I'm sorry about your mom, that's so stressful.

It drives me crazy when I see arguments to reopen because kids "aren't really affected" or aren't big spreaders. What about the teachers, aren't they there too? Not to mention support staff. My cousin's cousin is a teacher and was forced to go back, got COVID (admittedly might have been from his daughter returning from college), and then was told to go *back in to school* while he still was sick. It wasn't a severe case, but he was still symptomatic. Beyond whether that's right or wrong for his sake, I'd be furious if I were a parent of his students and knew the school was intentionally exposing them for the sake of hitting reopening metrics.
  • Options
    @akoros the most maddening thing is her state is starting to vaccinate teachers finally and she and my dad are hoping to get their vaccines by the end of next week. She is supposed to go back a week from Thursday, but there are only 1.5 days of school left after her quarantine before a two-week school spring break vacation. She has already told her principal that she is taking those one and a half days off and not coming in. She does not want to risk a second exposure right before her vacation. And she is so fed up she doesn't care what they think of her. She is retiring at the end of this school year.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    How far along are you? 24+5

Upcoming Appointments? March 1st I have 3 appts. Busy day. I have my OB checkup, an Ultrasound to check my cervix length again and an appt with my therapist. I hope all looks good in there. 

Cravings/Symptoms? Lately I have been craving sweets. Especially chocolate. I’ve been trying not to eat so much candy etc and so far I’m doing ok but have had the odd peice or scoop of sherbert. Symptom wise im doing alright in the 2nd Tri. I feel like I have lots of energy and have been trying to take advantage of that by doing things around the house and working out while I feel good. I've been having alot of backaches lately and been kinda restless at night with hip aches and pains and my vericose veins on the legs are hurting sooo bad daily but compression stockings are helping. 

How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing alright. Much much better then lately. DH and I have been working on the nursery lately and I’m so excited for all that to be finished. It’s fun and it’s slowly coming together. Yay! Im a type person that i need stuff done sooner rather then later lol I dont like to be behind and I'd rather the nursery be finished and just waiting for the baby to come then me be stressed out and huge and uncomfortable trying to set it all up. 

Questions? NATM 

@DoubleUp8 I’m so sorry all that your mom has been through in the last year. Poor thing :( I hope she doesn’t get COVID. FX for her. 

@legallykate I've never heard of Cava before and we don't have them here in Canada where I live so lol. Sorry your dealing with daily heartburn. Thats not fun. I never get heartburn so. GL at your appt on weds. 

@_orchid_ I have been on the frosted mini wheats train lately too. Lol soo good. enjoy! 

@akoros soo glad to hear your saline mist has helped out your nose alot. Yay!! I Feel ya on the aches and pains girl lol. I hope all your appts coming up soon go well. Yay for spring weather. Ours will be coming soon next month which im excited for. 

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 not quite spring here yet, but after this week we can see grass on the edges of snow! Rain today instead of snow so I am happy! I hope your mom is ok! Fwiw I know a few 3-5 year olds who got covid (7 kids so they can get it!!) and none of them spread it to anyone in their family, so hopefully she's in the clear. It's so scary, I am an elementary teacher and between the comments on local social media bashing teachers and the working conditions we have it hasn't been an easy year.  Was she always planning to retire this year or did the current situation push up her plans? 

@mindyb2019 good luck on Monday! Glad the compression stockings are helping! I think I need to break mine out, my legs were super achy last week. Thanks for the reminder!
  • Options
    @_orchid_ she was planning to retire. She notified the school in January. So this is just insult to injury when she only has 3 months of school left.
    ~~Signature~~
    **TW Living Child**

• Options
    @DoubleUp8 aww it definitely does. I'm sorry that her last memories of teaching are going to be this year. 
  • Options
    @legallykate OMG I haven’t had Cava in a year because of Covid! It sounds so good! Good luck at the scan tomorrow! 

@akoros I hope you got caught up and this week is slower! 

@_orchid_ That is a lot of appointments! Ever since we had DD and MIL moved in I feel like we are always making or going to appointments. They are never ending and we are healthy for the most part. 

@DoubleUp8 I hope your mom has stayed clear of symptoms! Many of my family members work in the school system in states that have been open for most of this year. Unfortunately many of them have caught Covid, luckily mild cases. I hope your mom doesn’t have it and gets to enjoy these 14 days and her vacation. After this years stress with Covid she deserves all the breaks! 

@mindyb2019 I think I saw the update about your OB appointment, but how did the other 2 appointments go? 

How far along are you? 25+4
    Upcoming Appointments? tomorrow OB 
    Cravings/Symptoms? Lemon cheesecake is my craving. Haven’t made it yet, but have all the stuff for it. Today I just felt huge. Thankfully not too uncomfortable, but just feel like weight came out of nowhere. 
    How are you doing? Rants/Raves/Randoms? Doing okay. The legal stuff is still hanging over our heads from my job, but slowly we are moving on and I am trying to find a better fit for where I am now with a little one on the way. 
    Questions? NATM
  • Options
    @DoubleUp8 That sucks about your mom, but sadly doesn't sound that uncommon (my mom and several aunts were teachers, I've heard a lot about the administrative and leadership shenanigans they had to deal with).

@ramzlau It is! Also our Secretary was confirmed yesterday, so hopefully that means the political staff we have will actually start doing their jobs so my boss doesn't have to do it for them and can catch a break.