October 2021 Moms

*Ultrasound thread*

This is a place for contributing members of the October 2021 BMB to share u/s pictures for the next 9 months! 

Please make sure any identifiable information is cropped out of your picture. 

Re: *Ultrasound thread*

• Loading the player...
  • @demimondaine good job, Lefty! 😆
  • @demimondaine look at that cute lil babe. 😍 
  • @demimondaine so awesome! Left ovary = MVP! Haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @5yearstrying size accuracy can be pretty off early on. 3 days is not a huge difference at all! My DDs size varied a week either way throughout the whole pregnancy. I’m excited to hear you got to see the heartbeat at your 6+1 ultrasound. I’ll be 6+2 at my first and was a bit worried about what I’d be able to see and not see
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• So excited for all these little babes  <3

@demimondaine way to go left ovary!!!
  • @demimondaine I also found out at my u/s yesterday that it was my left ovary too!  :D I don't remember them ever mentioning anything about it last time, but this time I guess there's a small cyst on the left ovary which means that was the one that released an egg and was still closing when hormones started surging or something? Anyway the body is so weird/cool!
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• @madiirosee I hope all goes well!
  • @madiirosee, good luck today! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lyndsayem35 I’m due 10/19 also! Congrats on the heartbeat!
  • @heatherdubrow thank you! I’m so excited to have a due date buddy!! 
  • @aztecash So cute! I’m happy for you. I was able to take a video yesterday too and it was exciting to show my girls the baby moving it’s arms and legs and the flicker of the heartbeat. 
  • @ReadyForaB I had an US last Wednesday at the hospital for some bleeding. My original scan was scheduled for yesterday at the OB and they cancelled it cause they said ins won’t cover two scans so close together. She did do a bedside one at the apt tho. I would assume if something was off they would have said as well. I’d call the nurse to ask why, but just out of curiosity. They scheduled my next scan for March 31.
  • @ReadyForaB congrats on a healthy scan! so I get scans every week weeks 5-9 because I’m high risk, my regular OB doesn’t even do scans before 8/9 weeks. So I’m guessing since yours did one so early they just want to do another to make sure everything keeps progressing well? Are you at a regular OB? Doesn’t hurt to call the nurses and ask though just for reassurance :) but everything you shared sounds normal from my knowledge! 
  • @steph-ann @momofmiracles31889 thanks for your responses! I ended up calling and asking why. I had an ultrasound at 4w4d bc of spotting so this one was technically the follow up to that one to make sure it was progressing. It is. Now they want to do another one in a week to make sure the heart rate goes up. She said they normally don’t do the first one until 8-10 weeks. So Basically because I got such an early one they now have to keep following up on them a week or two later.
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @cait32 thanks!  My husband also has LQT3 (long qt syndrome type 3). I didn't realize until I started googling about a lower heart rate (I know I know don't google haha) that this could be an indication that this baby might have it.  Or it could be completely normal. Although, it is an autosomal dominant trait, so each child we have has a 50% chance of inheriting it.  Our 4 year old does not have the gene so I am just hoping we get lucky again but we shall see. OHHH the worry that comes with pregnancy!
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @jordanholli1 I am so happy for you. It sounds like you’ve been through a lot. That US pic is awesome!
  • @mac-n-cheese thank you! I hope you are feeling better !
  • My UO is tomorrow. Is it true you have to keep your bladder full? I didn't really get good instructions l
  • @jtayl962 I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks using a transvaginal  wand and they got a heartbeat, I bet because the baby was moving so much it was hard to capture the heartbeat. 

@tari_sara I have one tomorrow too, I did not need a full bladder at my 6 weeks US and they didn't ask me to drink water for my 9 week appointment either. I would drink some water or something, in case they ask you to pee in a cup.  That being said, later on you definitely will be asked to do it.  I think I had to drink 24 ounces an hour before my appointment, in my last pregnancy. 
  • @tari_sara The only appointment that I've needed a full bladder for is the anatomy scan. Every normal OB appointment starts with peeing in a cup, so my bladder is always empty for any U/S at those. I believe the full bladder is to limit the movement of the baby, so they can get all the shots/angles they need to analyze the heart, lungs, kidneys, etc. This U/S should be more focused on growth and heartbeat.