March 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Small Space/Apt. Solutions

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing Small Space/Apartment Solutions! 

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Your Small Space/Apartment Solutions:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it: Why? 
  • Additional thoughts on your Small Space/Apartment Solutions: 

For FTMs:

• Any questions for S+TMs?:
To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Small Space/Apt. Solutions

• When I had DS, I lived in a place that was 600 sq. ft. Space was definitely a priority. What worked:

- the dresser doubled as a diaper changing station
    - if possible, keep things off of the floor and use the wall. For example, the baby tub would be hanging from a Command hook 
    -stroller had to be collapsible and compact. The Babyzen Yoyo for in the closet and didn’t clutter the hallway 
    -less is more! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It's not that we have a small house so much as it's old and storage wasn't a big priority. Baby's room is 10x10 so the dresser with changing station on top will go into the closet. There's already a full size Murphy bed in there. We have a bookcase and the glider. The crib is a mini crib, so the size of a pack n play. We will be storing things wherever we can find space. Right now we have the stroller, pack n play, tub, and baby gate thing in the vestibule between the rental unit upstairs and our place. All still boxed. Will likely pull the tub and pack n play into the house this week and leave the other stuff until we really need them. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Baby Benji's bedroom is fairly small, but we managed to fit in his crib, a dresser that will double as a changing station and a small cube organizer shelf for storing diapers, wipes, bibs, etc. With our toddler having taken over the living room as her play room I got the smallest electric swing that I could find so hopefully Benji can hang out in there safely enough through the day. Also transitioning toddler to a booster seat that can strap to a dining room chair so we don't need 2 high chairs down the road lol.