March 2021 Moms

Product Spotlight: Your Number 1 Must-Have

This is a place for FTMs to ask questions about, S+TMs to share their prior experience with, and everyone to share what they're eyeing in the world of maternity, baby and postpartum products. Each week we'll spotlight a new category of product to help streamline and make it easier to refer back. This week we're discussing your number 1 must-have!  

Please use the prompts below to try to share as much relevant info as you can in a format that is easy for those reading to navigate and respond to.

For S+TMs: 

• Individual (e.g., lifestyle) factors that might influence your choice:
  • Your #1 must-have:
  • Link/picture:
  • Cost (either actual dollar amount, or just $, $$, $$$, etc.):
  • What you like and don't like about it: Why? 
  • Additional thoughts on your #1 must-have?:

For FTMs:

• Any questions for S+TMs?:
To view past Product Spotlights or the upcoming schedule, see
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IrF0iah5XaJFdFTHzNVcIEq4ujZTwq_j1bG9W-bovNs/edit#gid=0
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Product Spotlight: Your Number 1 Must-Have

• Sound machine, you don't want them to wake up at the slightest sounds going on in house. I don't really have a preference as to which one, just pick one that has quite a few sound options. The one we got has white noise, heartbeat, thunderstorm etc.. my daughter really loved the whale sounds 🙌 thing was a life saver.
    DD1 - 2010 TTC v2.0
  • My stretchy wrap!! I like Beluga Baby and  Solly. Life changing for when baby is super fussy or when you need to get things done. They can be tricky to figure out, but so worth it once you get the hang of it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • So difficult to whittle it down to just one must-have. My must-have is an intangible one - kindness (to oneself). Sleep depravity, a battered body, hormones and pregnancy brain all at the same time is really over the top. Trust yourself and do what you need to keep it together. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @redselig I love your post.  Totally agree.  Moms need to give themselves more grace and less guilt!!

@princessjenney Yes!! Sound machine is what I buy for all new moms, whether or not they've registered for it.  
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @juliebeannn I still remember coming home from the hospital with this tiny baby in my hands. I was like, ‘Now what?’ I had so many emotions being far away from family. SO also had two leave for two days so I was home alone. It was full-on survival mama mode for me. Just doing whatever it takes to get y myself the day and knowing that I am doing the best that I can manage. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @redselig i looove this, and its unfortunately  so easy to forget  to give ourselves some grace. 

Id say ny musr have is either  a wrao of some sort or a little basket with diaoers,wipes, snacks, and water in each room