September 2021 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 2/15

Re: Weekly Randoms 2/15

• Options
    I just realized we have some kind of appointment every single week except one for the next 9 weeks and I’m sure something will come up that week 😬
  • Options
    We are doing a photo shoot (in lieu of a party thanks to Covid) for DDs 2nd birthday this Friday. I’m so excited! I hope she cooperates. She has really been something else lately. It feels almost overnight that the “terrible twos” have come in REAL HOT. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @runningonindie how did telling your family go this weekend?
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Not sure if we have any southern moms, but stay safe in the snow storms your getting this week!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @krash_ they were so cute!!! They are very excited! 
  • Options
    @Centralmnmom we luckily aren't in Texas anymore, but all DHs family is and it's crazy down there! My inlaws and BIL have both been without power for over 16 hours at this point and they got 6 inches of snow in south Texas which for a place that is not at all equipped to deal with any snow - is causing total chaos.
  • Options
    @chewie5990 DH is so jealous of all the snow they are getting.  We haven't hardly gotten any this winter.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Centralmnmom same! We haven't had much snow at all this winter - it's been nice, but it also means serious drought weather come summer. 
  • Options
    @centralmnmom you can have ours. I feel like we have gotten a ridiculous amount this year in the Chicagoland area. I'm not lying when I say the snow in front of my building is about 2' deep and we got 6-8" more last night! At this rate, we're not going to have a parking lot to park in because they're running out of places to plow all the snow lol

My random is I am having some crazyyyyyy dreams lately. Twice in the last week or so I've had dreams DD is about to fall out of the pack n play and I've literally shot out of the bed to my feet before realizing she's asleep in her crib and in zero danger. Plus the other night I woke up and just turned my nightstand lamp on for no reason. I was surprised I didn't wake up MH or DD by doing that. 
  • Options
    @Jcrewgirl85 I was so anti mini van...but lately I've been looking a lot at the Toyota Sienna...we are planning to buy to a new car this summer and now I'm torn..mini vans just seem so easy with 3 carseats to worry about
  • Options
    @Jcrewgirl85 ooohhh I've been looking at those! We're getting a minivan or SUV later this year because getting my 1yo in and out of our altima is a pain and with a second baby on the way....yeah its time. Lol
  • Options
    I drive a Kia Telluride and the amount of ample space in that bad boy is astonishing!!!! I’m pretty obsessed with it.  
  • Options
    @runningonindie ooo the telluride is on my list! Just trying to convince DH 
  • Options
    @Jcrewgirl85 no shame in the minivan game! I LOVE mine. It makes life so much easier and it's super comfortable to drive
  • Options
    Bit of a rant today. I saw the nurse practitioner at my OB office today because I thought I might be coming down with a yeast infection. It wasn’t a baby related appointment whatsoever but I was a little shocked that she didn’t offer to listen for a HB on the Doppler? My first appointment was the day after my emergency ultrasound at urgent care so they didn’t really “check” the baby then either. I’m 9+1, been to their office twice since 6 weeks, and neither time have they offered to check in. So annoying that I felt like I had to ask. Only reason I didn’t is because I’m paying for a boutique ultrasound this upcoming Saturday! Maybe I’m just hormonal and moody but that was really annoying today. 
  • Options
    @Centralmnmom I'm really curious what part of MN you are in because in the cities we've gotten over 40" this season and I'm sure we'll double that by the end of April. 

For cars, we love our VW Atlas! And if you are looking for car reviews @the_car_mom on IG is an amazing resource and she has reviewed like every car from the last couple years from a mom's perspective so like car seats, cup holders and does a stroller fit in the back!
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krash_ I'm near St. Cloud.  Everything is going south of us this year.  I'm fine with it.  DH wants the snow.

@runningonindie the policy at my clinic is they don't listen on the doppler until the 12 week visit.  Maybe that's why they haven't yet for you. 

@Jcrewgirl85 I have the regular Chrysler Pacifica and love it. Sliding doors are everything!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

We told our son and my dad this weekend!

For our son I made him a shirt that said “eye of toad, hug from mother, turn this boy into a big brother” and had him open it for valentine’s day.  He read it and got a big smile, we asked if he knew what it meant and he said “I’m going to get a sibling”.  Then I asked if he wanted to see a picture and we showed him the u/s from last Thursday and all of a sudden his eyes bugged out and went “wait?! Is this baby in your belly right now?!”; like he initially just thought we were going to start trying (I’ve told him before that it takes a while to even start to ‘bake’ a baby and we weren’t ready to do that yet), and then he realized that it was actually happening in that moment.  A few minutes later my husband told him the due date and he goes “WAIT I have to wait that long?!?!” and started getting really upset/crying because he was so excited and just can’t wait for his sibling.

We were planning to tell all three sets of grandparents this past weekend, but my in-laws went out of town for the long weekend with no service, and my mother is a blabbermouth and has to be told last, so we only told my dad and his wife.  The other two sets will be this coming weekend (my mother maybe one more weekend out).

We had my son ask them to a “Valentine’s Day Wizard High Tea” a few weeks ago (not something out of character for him, we are very ‘extra’ in this house lol).   We shipped them a box mid-week with some home-made rock cakes, english breakfast tea, and two little gifts plus a ‘formal’ invitation that had the time and requested Wizard attire.  When we FaceTimed them they did not disappoint (I get my ‘extra’ from my dad), both were in Hogwarts gear and had cut out Hogwarts crests to add to their mugs.  Our son was in his Wizard robes with his new shirt hidden underneath.  We chatted for a while and all drank some tea. There was some pretend magic from my dad and our son. Then I mentioned that it was probably time for them to open their gifts and they should start with the small package.  The packages were designed to look like they came via owl post, and my dad spent a while with commentary on the packaging just admiring it.  Then when he finally got it open he was blown away with the golden snitch egg that was inside.   The box it comes in says ‘crack me’ on the lid, and my dad goes “it says crack me but it doesn’t actually want me to do that right?”, so it took some convincing to get him to crack the egg, but I told him that our son had put a spell on the egg and there was a secret message inside.  So he finally cracked the egg and unfurled the tiny note which read “The magic continues this September! Witch or wizard? Only the sorting hat knows. Hogwarts class of 2040”. His wife got this shocked look on her face, and he goes “oh wow buddy you got in to Hogwarts?!” my son quickly goes “nope!” jumps ups, takes off his robe, and gets close to the camera so they can read his shirt.  As my dad’s reading the last line of the kid’s shirt the look on their faces was spectacular!  They we both thrilled of course, and so excited. My dad made a comment about how he wished someone had recorded it, and I reassured him that I had turned on screen recording so I got the whole thing.  The second package we had sent them was a keepsake of the snitch egg with the note. When I was pregnant with my first I told my dad by making him a book with photos of all of his grandkids and adding an ultrasound pic at the end, so since he had a keepsake from that announcement I thought it was important to give him one this time too. 

The only issue we had was when I went back to watch the video afterwards.  I did not know that with screen recording there’s an option for with and without audio, and by default it is without audio. So we got a lovely silent movie of their reactions. But, honestly, all we really cared about was getting their facial expressions which we absolutely did.

Sorry for such a long randoms tale, I’m just really excited with how successful this weekend was telling half of our family

Shirt I made my son

My dad showing us the keepsake over FaceTime

For anyone wondering this is the etsy shop where we got the awesome eggs (she does things other than Harry Potter themed too)  https://www.etsy.com/listing/502588661/wizard-pregnancy-announcement-snitch
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 - this is so cute! I love it. My kids are big HP fans so I may need to steal this idea to tell them. They would die! I’m so glad you were able to capture it with a recording. So fun! 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @grizzlymama86 you are so creative! What a fun announcement! 
  • Options
    @grizzlymama86 thats amazing! Glad it went so well and you will cherish that video forever! 
  • Options
    This is kind of an embarrassing issue but it’s super random and I have to know if anyone else is dealing with it. 

Ok so one of the smells that makes me gag or actually vomit the smell of my own brand. It’s awful!!!!!! Most of the time when I go number 2, I immediately vomit afterwards because of the smell. My farts are making me gag. I’m not constipated AT ALL anymore, back to my regular self now. I dread waking up because I know it means I’m going to poop, and I know I’ll probably vomit after. The smell is just awful. Is anyone else dealing with this?! LOL. Please tell me I’m not alone. 

Also I’ve tried to change my username 3 times from this weird one they assigned me, but it won’t work! It says there’s an error, every time. 

• Options
    @knottiecb30cbb00ab26641 yes, I hate it. I’m not quite as reactive as you but it’s like dealing with somebody else’s poop instead of my own
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers wait what, that sounds fabulous! I’ll have to look into it too!

@grizzlymama86 your family sounds so fun! How adorable!!! We have told my mom and some of our friends but not my sisters or dad or DH’s family 😂 I’m afraid DH’s family isn’t going to be excited so I’m using the excuse that we’re waiting until my first appointment to tell them even though we’ve already told other people
  • Options
    @cassafrass123 I am just glad I’m not alone! 🙃 

I really hope this goes away in a couple weeks around the second trimester, for the both of us. 
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers Yes on the minivan!! I love mine. I have so many features that are completely unnecessary but make driving so much easier. I have a Honda Odyssey Elite and the only thing I wish was different was that the third row had more room so I could easily fit 3 car seats across. 
  • Options
    A few weeks ago I was lurking the clothing thread of the Aug BMB and I decided to try stitch fix. I got my box today and I love every single piece. It all looks very flattering. They even included a shirt with horizontal stripes and it looks amazing. All the material is really soft too. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I also just got a stitch fix box for the first time! Mine comes on Monday. I’m so excited to see what I get. 

For anyone having trouble with poop smells...I highly recommend the poo-pourri toilet spray! We’ve been using it for years and it really does mask the smell even while you’re going! I felt so dumb buying it the first time but now I’m obsessed. 
  • Options
    krash_krash_ member
    edited February 2021
    DD because I posted it in the wrong thread
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @emeraldcity1214 I'm glad you had such good luck with Stitch Fix! They've sent me a few huge misses (like jeans with rips), but I do enjoy getting it done a few times a year.  My next one is in April and I have to remember to tell them I'm pregnant so they'll send me some cute maternity stuff. 
  • Options
    @emeraldduchess I got a very cute maternity top and matching cardigan and I’m in love. It really accentuates my bloat too. 🤣 They sent some maternity jeans that are super soft too. I’m buying the whole box because I can’t resist butter soft fabric. Plus 2 of the items are maternity but aren’t in your face maternity and can be worn afterwards. I need to schedule my next box. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 nice!! I have my Stitch Fix account linked to a Pinterest board and I just pinned a bunch of maternity fashions. I went on ThredUp (online consignment shop) too and I have a whole bunch of maternity clothes saved to my favorites. 
  • Options
    On the topic of maternity clothes, I have none since I thought we were done after 2. So...since I still have to go into work, I need clothes. I’ve bought a few Hatch items off Poshmark because I refuse to buy a $200 blouse. Overall, recommend Hatch if you can get at a less expensive price point. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @gutsysneakers definitely check out ThredUp. I've gotten a lot of second-hand clothes from them and everything looked brand new when I bought it! They have a lot of maternity clothes, some with the tags still attached. I plan on getting most of my maternity wardrobe from there. 
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers I've had a lot of success buying lots of maternity clothes off facebook marketplace. They're usually in near perfect condition too since you don't wear them for that long. 
  • Options
    @gutsysneakers I’m doing a collaboration with Hatch (meaning all my selections were free in exchange for social media posts) - they know I can’t post until mid March at the earliest but I tried on everything they sent me last week and I was AMAZED by the quality.  No way in heck I’d ever actually pay those prices but damn is that some nice stuff. Extremely comfortable.