TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 2.15

• Options
    I’m sure I’m the first in here due last week of October, but when would you like to start the check ins based on due date? I was in the early half in my last BMB. Not used to being at the tail end of this!
    TTC History

• Options
    Also, today is my husband’s birthday and it just so happens to be a “snow” day! Temp has dropped outside 7 degrees since 4 am and is currently -22 and only supposed to get colder for a few more hours.
    TTC History

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chindimples04 it’s so cold here (in Iowa) too!! Right now the “feels like” is -30!! I really wish I lived in a warm climate right now so I wasn’t just stuck inside all winter with my 4 and 2 year olds. I’m so jealous of people who can continue to explore outdoors, go to parks, go for walks, etc all year long! 
  • Options
    @kitandcat I’m in Wisconsin, so yes, I feel this 100%! The windchill is still at -22 right now. F-ing stupid! 🤣😭
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 I'm game for switching whenever. I feel like you might be a little lonely right now though. 

Those temperatures do not compute for me. I cannot fathom below, maybe 20. If our high is below 65 I'm whining. I always did feel like I was missing out on something major as a kid since we didn't get snow days. 
  • Options
    @aztecash I expect to be lonely for quite a while. Maybe we can start by splitting the month down the middle 10/1-10/15 in a group and 10/16-10/31 in a group until we get some more of the later due dates in?
    TTC History

• Options
    Yes agreed, I'm due Oct 20!
  • Options
    I'm down for whatever works for due date sections check ins! I didn't join my BMB for DS until I was out of the 1st trimester - so have no background on how/when they start.

@chindimples04 @kitandcat with you both on the cold and snow! Feels like 17 here and it looks like it'll be snowing for days. We have family in Phoenix and keep telling DH I am ready to move any day now  :D
  • Options
    @cait32 I’ve heard from other friends the BMBs have been pretty slow! That’s not a terrible idea, though! Let’s try it this week and see how it works!
    TTC History

• Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited February 2021
    I like it (the one big update thread) 

Also commisserating on the super cold weather. I'm in MN. This winter has honestly been so lovely except these last two weeks. I just want this polar Vortex to be DONE and then we can just coast into spring. So happy to see other Midwesterners here!
  • Options
    Am I the only one who talks to their houseplants? Or rather plant because I only have 1. 😆 
  • Options
    So my BFF is coming tomorrow to stay with me for about 2 weeks. I haven't told her, or anyone, about this pregnancy. So far I don't have many symptoms, and nothing that isn't sort of typical of my long covid. But still, I will be nearly 8 weeks when she leaves, so we will see!
    Last week she told me that she's looking into freezing her eggs, since we are nearly 40, so I don't know how she's going to take it. Last time she said "Oh life as you know it is over!" Which I suppose is true - not that she really even has any idea  :D And when I lost that pregnancy, she was like "Oh most people go through that at some point" and basically never mentioned it again.
    I have my first ultrasound on Monday at 6w. If everything looks ok I might tell people soon after. My grandma is in the hospital and looking at 24 hour care for dementia if she gets out. There is just a lot going on right now! I can't imagine how I won't let on at all in my own house for 2 weeks though! I can't even make my pot of decaf! 
  • Options
    @demimondaine thats tough! One reason I'm so grateful for the pandemic - its SUPER easy to hide my pregnancy.  It would be hard for me personally not to talk about it for 2 whole weeks though,  especially since she's staying with you! I hope she's excited for you. 
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time figuring out what to get my kids for Easter.DH says a new bike, but we got DS a bike last year, sort of it was a hand me down and the wheel is bent so he DOES need a new one, but would the easter bunny really bring him a bike twice in a row?
  • Options
    @vampirina I missed how old your son is, but they probably wouldn't make too much of a connection I would think - the risk would be more thinking they will get a bike every year! Last Easter my son wasn't even 3, and this year he's talking about getting another monster truck for Easter - how does he even remember that??
  • Options
    @demimondaine he's 4.5, so he definitely remembers that he got his bike from the Easter bunny. That's a good point about the expectations. The bike might just have to be a "random spring day it magically appeared" sort of gift. 
  • Options
    @vampirina I prefer when DS thinks gifts came from me  :D With all the Santa Claus hype that he was finally into this year, I felt the need to keep correcting him!!
  • Options
    My husband tested positive for COVID today. I’m in a complete panic. How am I supposed to solo parent DD, plus two dogs, plus take care of him and keep our house disinfected and keep him quarantined and keep this little babe safe and work. It’s too much and I’m freaking out.
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04, I'm so sorry! That sounds so scary and stressful. I hope the isolation period passes quickly and your husband has mild symptoms. You got this, mama! ❤
  • Options
    @galentine well, to add insult to injury, I’ve developed symptoms. It’s going to be a long 10 days. 😭
    TTC History

• Options
    @chindimples04 I’m so so sorry you and your husband are ill! Praying the symptoms stay mild for both of you and that this passes quickly! All the good vibes your way. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @chindimples04, oh no!! I'm so sorry. I hope it stays mild for you. 
  • Options
    @chindimples04 you’re literally living my fear! I’m so sorry! I hope it’s mild and passes quickly! Give yourself a lot of grace.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @chindimples04 !! Sending positive thoughts your way that you guys experience mild symptoms and recover quickly. 
  • Options
    @chindimples04 prayers for peace and quick healing for your family! If it helps you feel any better- my BIL and SIL and their family all had it around Christmas (she was around 20 weeks pregnant at the time) and they all are perfectly fine including baby 💗
  • Options
    @chindimples04 I am so sorry your going through that right now! I will be thinking of you and you’re family! Wishing you all a quick recovery. 
  • Options
    Ya’ll it’s been a heck of a weekend! My results came back positive, DH is a terrible sick person, and my dog had back to back seizures this afternoon. Ready for March! I need a fresh start! Hope all your weekends were better than mine! 🤣 Thanks for all the well wishes. Hoping we can kick this soon!
    TTC History