2nd Trimester
Options

Food Contamination

Today for breakfast I picked up breakfast at my work cafeteria and ate a belvita snack pack. After I finished the food I noticed there was a little tear, and it had an opening in the package. I’m super worried that bacteria, like listeria, could possibly get in and contaminate the food. Am I being to paranoid or is this nothing to worry about? 

Re: Food Contamination

• Options
    Today for breakfast I picked up breakfast at my work cafeteria and ate a belvita snack pack. After I finished the food I noticed there was a little tear, and it had an opening in the package. I’m super worried that bacteria, like listeria, could possibly get in and contaminate the food. Am I being to paranoid or is this nothing to worry about? 
    If you feel sick, then it was a problem. If you feel fine, it was fine. I don’t think processed foods like granola bars have a high risk of listeria. Use common sense, but I don’t think you have to worry too much about that. Wash your veggies (higher risk of listeria), cook your food properly, and store your leftovers properly.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    I'm sure you are just fine. That stuff is so processed that it ut virtually be impossible for it to go rancid.  

I would be more paranoid about some one tampering with it.

Then again, I would let it roll off my shoulder.