October 2021 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-In 02/10

How far along are you? 
How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 
How are your other kids doing this week? 
Rants/Raves: 
Concerns/Questions: 
GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both?

Re: STM+ Check-In 02/10

• Options
    How far along are you? 5+3
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 5yo
    How are your other kids doing this week? He's still obsessing about babies. I want to tell him so bad, but with my history I don't want him to be devastated if something goes wrong
    Rants/Raves: We went to the zoo over the weekend and had the best trip. DS was amazing the whole time, we got to see friends that we haven't seen in months, we got to see a week old giraffe. It was such a perfect day!
    Concerns/Questions: I keep wondering how I will keep from comparing the new baby to DS. I'm terrified of saying "why can't you be more like your brother?" Dang, DS has set the bar pretty high...
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? BAKER! I love baking and hate cooking. But I also hate being forced to bake, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    How far along are you? Not sure yet, but from hcg level OB is assuming about 4 weeks

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have 3, ages 8, 6, and 3
    How are your other kids doing this week? A little crazier than usual. Its too cold here to do anything outside so we're all climbing the walls.

Rants/Raves: 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? I like cooking more than baking. I feel like I always screw up baked goods.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 4+5 (although hcg said between 5-6) so somewhere between there until my first dating appt. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? I have one DS who is 2.5

How are your other kids doing this week? DS is doing good he’s a little rebellious with eating dinner which is really testing us but it comes with the territory of toddlerhood. 

Rants/Raves: zoom meetings are getting out of control at work. How people don’t understand the concept of muting their lines is beyond me 

Concerns/Questions: if your provider doesn’t offer an US at your first appt would you request one?

GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? Both but I’ll admit SO is a way better more creative cook but I can cook decent meals 
  • Options

How far along are you? 6w 5 days today. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 girls, 9 and 4. Terrified to start all over at baby stage again. 

How are your other kids doing this week? So far so good. School project this week, so praying for no tears.  Trying to decide when to tell them? We have no idea. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? Probably baker, but I enjoy both haha
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks and 1 day based on my computations. Feeling impatient, I want that first ultrasound and baby kicks. I think that is my favorite.

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One boy, he will be 2 in about a month
    How are your other kids doing this week? Normal toddler life, he is adorable and is picking up more words and also has fits because he can't have something. Or because he doesn't want us to brush his hair. 

Rants/Raves: My son's daycare was teaching them about babies today and they sent us a picture of him holding a baby trying to feed it. It just melted my heart, I really hope he likes being a big brother.  

Concerns/Questions: We are trying to get somethings done in the first trimester, obviously there are lot that we can't do but since I am older, there are so many more appointments in the 3rd trimester... so what is on your to do list? 

Also - love any suggestions on how to help the transition for my son.  So far I have heard its good to bring a gift home from the baby as a way to make him feel more special.  

GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? Baking, I have some great cake recipes, particularly carrot and german chocolate cake if any one wants them. 

• Options
    @cait32 with my youngest, my older two were 2.5 and 4.5 when we told them. We pretty much just blurted it out, they were too little for anything overly complicated. We did do our own little thing to tell them the sex. We got cupcakes and made it a fun little party. I did feel like they needed to know the sex ahead of time to actually conceptualize it. But that may be different for your kids.
  • Options

How far along are you?  5+3
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  I have 5 daughters - 12, 9, 4, 4 and 2
    How are your other kids doing this week? My littlest littles are feisty.  We had a pretty big snow storm, so we haven’t had as much time outside as we usually do. 
    Rants/Raves:  I am at a new OB practice this pregnancy and they don’t see patients until 12 weeks 😳  I’m older (38) and have had twins.  I’m a bit on edge not seeing the doctor during the first trimester 
    Concerns/Questions: 
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both?  both!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6 weeks and a day or so. 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2 yr old DD (@cait32 and I were in the same BMB last time too :smile: )

How are your other kids doing this week? My DD had an EEG for something that is probably nothing or(!) is a seizure! We had that yesterday. She didn't love it, but did a good job overall and then we placated her with pizza and Frozen yesterday evening. Other than that she's doing great.

Rants/Raves: I might just not remember this from my last pregnancy but mannnnnnn the nausea is so real. I feel so ill and exhausted. I've been going to bed by 10am each night (wake up at 7), and still swear I could use a couple naps during the day. Those are my rants.

Concerns/Questions: Trying to decide when/how to tell DD. Any tips appreciated.

GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? Both! Though really DH is the cook and I am the baker in our house, but we both really enjoy anything in the kitchen.
    Me: 36 | DH: 41 | Married: 9/29/07 | DD: December 2018 | BFP: 2/1/21, EDD: 10/6/21
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 5+5
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 4 1/2 yo boy and 2 yo girl who will be 3 next month! 
    How are your other kids doing this week? Good! I feel bad for them because I’m exhausted and sick and they’ve been doing a lot screen time and I’m not playing with them as much as I usually do. 
    Rants/Raves: my little girl is obsessed with babies. She pretends everything is a baby and needs caring for and it’s just melting my heart. She doesn’t know how sweet she is and how much I’m aching for her to be a big sister!
    Concerns/Questions:  I’m trying not to get ahead of myself but planning what to do with my other 2 kids while DH and I are at the hospital is stressful. 
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? I cook and bake a lot but I’m not any good at either. 
  • Options
    gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited February 2021
    @heatherdubrow agreed on the going crazy because it's too cold to go outside! In my July19 BMB we just had a huge thread talking about how we didn't use to wish away winter but with kids it's so different. DS just wants to go outside and play and we can't!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w5d
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1.5 DS
    How are your other kids doing this week? Getting over a cold. He started the toddler room last week so new room new germs. We did a mini vaca T-Th this week and got a small cabin and relaxed so he loved hanging out in a new space and the big windows. 
    Rants/Raves: I got a bunch of sparkling juices and lemonades to drink at World Market I got a strawberry basil lemonade, so good!
    Concerns/Questions: does croup really sound like a seal bark? DS has a mucas-y cough that seems to be getting better but then I wonder if it's more than a cold. 
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? both! Though DH usually ends up cooking dinner because of pick up and commute. I love to bake and do a lot of freeze ahead crock pot meals.
  • Options

How far along are you? Almost 4 weeks

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? One son. He is 4. 

How are your other kids doing this week? He is great! He just started reading, does karate and starts tee ball soon! 

Rants/Raves: this pregnancy was not planned but it is welcomed! However, super bummed we will have to strike our Disney trip planned for October. We were supposed to go last year and have reschedule twice due to covid. I know I know. This makes me sounds ridiculous that I’m upset about this but my son is so looking forward to it. He’s going to be bummed. But all will be okay. 

Concerns/Questions: anyone else stressing over a large age gap? My son will be five years and two months when this baby arrives. My sister and I have a similar age gap, me being the oldest, and it felt so big when we were little. We are very close now. 

GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? I try to be both haha! 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• Options
    @ReadyForaB I’m in the same boat. My DD will be one month shy of 6 when this one is born. I also had a similar age gap with two of my own siblings. 
    I’m worried too. Mainly because I feel like my DD at nearly 6 will be less flexible in accepting sharing our attention with a baby.
    I feel like a 1-3 year older would adapt quicker, but who knows!
  • Options
    There is a 4.5 year gap between my first, and will be a 5 year gap between this one and my youngest and an almost 10 year gap between my oldest and this baby. The gap never bothered my kids at all. They are thick as thieves and the best of buds. Enough age gap to have their own friends but close enough they are still very close. We will see what high school brings though. 🙈
  • Options
    @kitandcat my littlest girl is also baby obsessed! So sweet!
  • Options
    @gingermama46 oh yes, the wish away is so real with kids! I’m so ready for spring and going to the park again!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks 5 days
    How many kids do you already have, and how old are they?  two boys, 3 years old and 1.5
    How are your other kids doing this week? They are doing well... They are wild, but part of that is due to the cold snap we are in.  We will be getting outside again real soon!
    Rants/Raves: No pregnancy related, but I am so over people!  (Maybe hormones?!?)
    Concerns/Questions:  any other plus sized mommas out there?
    GTKY: Are you a cook, baker, neither, or both? I'm a better cook than baker, I'm not the best at measuring and following along to a recipe, but make great cannolis, pasticiottiis and a chocolate ganache cake!
  • Options
    @ReadyForaB my son will turn 5 in May. I also have a DD who will be 3 next month. I am so, so excited for my son to be a big brother again! He was only 22 months when his sister was born. In the beginning she was just kind of this blob he didn’t understand. And they are super close and have so much fun together right now, and that’s cool to witness and really sweet. But I do think the 5+ year age gap will be special, too! I have a feeling he will be a really proud helper and care taker and protector and I can’t wait to watch that develop! Also excited for him to literally help me... like retrieving blankets or diapers or a bottle or my phone 🤣🤣 
  • Options
    @tingsmom Can you send me those recipes? Those are my absolute favorite cakes, but I prefer baking cupcakes.

@kitandcat My sis had the same concern about what to do with my niece when she went into labor, so she decided to have an at-home water birth. She tells everyone it was the best experience. You might want to consider it if it's feasible for you.

@ReadyForaB DS will be almost 6 years older than the bebe. I tried for a smaller age gap, but the best laid plans... I'm hoping that with the larger age gap, DS will be able to emotionally adjust more easily. I do feel bad for this bebe though because he will significantly be the youngest on either side of the family, which speaking from experience, can be really lonely.
    Also, as for Disney, I'd be bummed too. Disneyland is probably the thing I miss most from the past year. 

@cenzosmomma I'm plus sized and I'm dreading shopping for maternity clothes. Hoping that most of the stuff from my previous pregnancies still fit otherwise I will be living in empire waist dresses.