September 2021 Moms
Options

The Sex Thread

Re: The Sex Thread

• Options
    @CanadianGamerMom I was thinking the same!
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom I’ve heard that if you have 2 of the same sex your odds of continuing to have that sex increases with each pregnancy 🤷‍♀️ No clue if that has any validity, but I have three girls and am anticipating that this is girl number 4! I’ve personally been curious if there’s been any studies about some women not being able to carry certain sexes to term or maybe if certain male chromosomes automatically join incorrectly causing losses. TW** I’ve had two early losses and I wonder if they were boys. Maybe I can’t carry boys? Maybe something is wrong with DH’s Y chromosomes? DH’s brother also has 3 girls, no boys, so many it’s a family thing? I have so many questions!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emjeve wow that’s so interesting! My dad is one of 5 boys and I had 2 sisters, now I’ll have 3 boys again. Weird! If you find a study let me know. 
  • Options
    @emjeve I have also wondered this! I've had 3 early losses and I always wonder if those may have been girls and for some reason issues with chromosomes or I can't carry...who knows but it's definitely interesting. 
  • Options
    @emjeve that's really interesting! I wonder if there have been studies done. All of DH's cousins (except 1) have either all girls or all boys. It seems to come in waves, too. There were 6 girls born in a row, then 3 boys in a row within 2 years. Everyone is wondering which way way we'll go! *TW* I believe all the women have had losses too. I know losses are very common but every one of us in DH's generation has had at least one loss (all first pregnancies, too). 
  • Options
    @emjeve Fascinating concept! Honestly I've never really given it much thought, but now I need to know haha 
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    I’ll have three boys and my brother has three girls. Me & my brother, my H, and SIL all come from families with exactly even sexes so it’s interesting the way it shook out with our generation of offspring.

i have found this site really interesting for sex statistics.
    http://www.ingender.com/gender-info/odds-of-having-another-boy-or-girl.aspx

• Options
    All so interesting! My SIL has four girls. Had 2 tried for a third and got twin girls! LOL! Now DH and I are having our second girl. I’ve always wondered if it’s a family thing! My siblings are boys and they are too young (ish) for kids yet so we’ll see how it shakes out for them, but we’re convinced my husbands side of the family has a “girls only” curse LOL 
  • Options
    My husband has 4 brothers and 1 sister. (1 boy, 1 girl, then 4 boys in a row). I came from a family of 3 girls. Now on my husbands side there are 5 granddaughters and no grandsons! My sisters both had 1 of each. It’s so weird how it works out. 
  • Options
    This is so interesting! My families are all pretty mixed with gender! My aunt has 3 girls and 1 boy, uncle has 1 boy and 1 girl, other aunt has 1 boy 1 girl, a cousin has 1 boy and 1 girl, other cousin has 1 girl, another cousin has 2 boys, and the last cousin with offspring has 1 girl and 2 boys. The one with 1 girl and 2 boys had a couple of tragic late losses that were both boys if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    My family is all mixed: each set of cousins is a mix of boys and girls. DH’s side has some cousins sets that are all boys, some that are all girls, and some that are mixed boys and girls. Since I’m pretty sure I’m not having a third child, so it’s all boys for me!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I only have aunts on my mom's side and only one aunt with three uncles on my dad's. Out of 9 biological cousins, there are only 2 boys, and none of my biological cousins have had kids yet. My grandparents and all my aunts and uncles also had girls first, if they had boys at all. I'm curious to see what mine is going to be. 
  • Options
    My dad's side is 3/4 boys, my moms is 4/5 girls, her brother has 6/7 girls, and my maternal grandmas was 7/9 girls. None of our sibs have kids but any of our cousins with more than 1 kid has only the same gender - we are the weirdos with 1 of each, lol. What happened to the 50/50 probability, lol.
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @Aerialmrs I’m not currently team green but have been before. Is this your first time in team green?
    I will say is that mentally committing wholeheartedly makes it much easier than letting yourself consider it.
    If you’ve never done it I’d say stay strong and go for it, such a fun surprise! 
    But if you’ve been down this road and want to know, that’s cool too.

• Options
    @agea It's our first time team green!
  • Options
    @aerialmrs I’m team green (3rd time) and this one has definitely been the most tempting to find out. I don’t really have a reason for it but maybe so I can wrap my head around having a boy (if that’s what it is!). We have 2 girls so I feel like I know what I’m doing with girls - Boys are this uncharted territory for me! 
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @Aerialmrs I say hang in there then!! (If you can and want to of course.)
    Being Team Green is really special. Finding out is great but holding out till D Day is unlike anything else.
    I hope you can wait it out! I don’t think you’ll regret it. Keep everyone guessing till the end!

• Options
    Thanks for the pep talk, guys!! It really helps!
  • Options
    I agree, if you don't think of finding out as an option - it is so much easier. It really is the best surprise!
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs we were team green the first time and while I have loved knowing this time, it is such a fun experience not knowing. All the doctors and nurses are just as excited as you are to find out what it is. My husband was so excited about telling me that it was a boy. You can do it! If you tell them you don't want to know they will be so good about making sure you don't find out and I wouldn't want the uncertainty of what I might see on an ultrasound because I can barely make out hands and feet so I definitely don't know what I'm looking at. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Wow! So many boys in this group! Congrats @sawasap
  • Options
    Woohoo congrats @sawasap!!
  • Options
    For those who haven't voted yet, make sure you go back to page 1 and vote! I'd love to see all of the results in a poll 😊
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom thanks for the reminder! I just voted! 💕
  • Options
    Congrats @sawasap
  • Options
    ageaagea member
  • Options
    @sawasap- congratulations 💙

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    congratulations @deziraywatt!
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @deziraywatt congrats mama!
  • Options
    Yay @deziraywatt! Congratulations!!! 
  • Options