Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation 

Re: Weekly Check In 2/8

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 weeks, 5 days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: southern pecan

Upcoming appointments: I'm seeing the midwife on Thursday.  It's actual my first "official" appointment besides getting ultrasounds done.

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling super bloated.  I'll get hungry and as soon as I eat even something small I feel like I've eaten a five course meal.

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None

Our honeymoon was my favorite and not just because it was our honeymoon.  We went to Thailand and it was seriously the best trip ever!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: September 13/9 weeks today!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a green olive

Upcoming appointments: March 3 

How are you feeling?: So tired and all food is disgusting. 🤢

Rants/Raves: my mom and my MIL are cracking me up. MIL has decided the baby is a girl and is referring to her as Lucy (no idea why) and my mom keeps buying baby clothes. 

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation: Our honeymoon in Aruba was wonderful. We loved laying on the beach/by the pool and just relaxing. The last night we were there, we had dinner on the beach at sunset. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/16; 8w4d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: grape

Upcoming appointments: 2/18 just to see the OB. I’m hoping to convince her to peak at the baby so I can hear the HB. I honestly don’t see her saying no, they have been very accommodating to everything I have asked so far. 

How are you feeling?: Today? Very sick. I feel like it’s just sitting in my throat waiting to come up. Smells get me the most right now. I could barely get dinner fixed for the kids last night. Then warming up my own food nearly pushed me over my limit. I’m also a little shaky and just feel lightheaded. I’m glad I’m having more consistent symptoms. I had a few easy days last week. I haven’t let my anxiety get out of control this time. 

Rants/Raves: It’s cold and feels like it’s taking forever for our days to get longer. The sun doesn’t start coming up until 9 and then it starts going down at 5. Our days have only lengthen by 1.5 hours and it didn’t seem to take this long last year plus the sun is at that annoying angle where it blinds you. It’s like that the entire time it’s up so I can’t even enjoy having the shades up and the sunlight coming into the house. I would need to put sunglasses on me and the kids just so we could walk around the house. Plus, I need to see colors again. All I see when I look outside is white and black. 

Questions:

My favorite vacation was my honeymoon. We went to Hawaii for 2 weeks and it was glorious. We spent all day at the beach and lounged on the sand. Didn’t have to worry about keeping any small humans alive. So we could actually close our eyes and lay back. We will likely go to Hawaii again in the next few months. The last time we went I was pregnant but 30 weeks. 😳 I was literally a beached whale. It’s our favorite place to go. I keep trying to convince DH to buy a condo so we can go for a month at a time and rent it out the rest of the year. 

• Options

@muggsd Your vacations sound amazing. I would love to see so much of the world. DH tells me I should have thought about that before we had so many kids. 😂 Leaving them is not an option because we don’t leave our kids with anyone. Not even a babysitter. 

@knottienumbers I’m glad you had a great US! 

@Aerialmrs I’m glad the meds are helping. 

@chewie5990 I seem to get more nausea at night too. I could barely fall asleep this morning and then I woke up feeling like crap. 

@feelingjovani I’m sorry you have so much bloat. That sounds very uncomfortable. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9 + 4

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jack

Upcoming appointments: still haven't heard from my OB.  

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling pretty good for the past week.  

Rants/Raves: my son has been obsessed with the beatles, specifically Get Back.

Questions:

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation.

Our honeymoon we went to a beautiful resort outside of Cancun.  We did a day trip to Chichen Itza, a gorgeous cenote, and a mayan village.  It was pretty stressful because we left our son with his grandparents for the whole week.  

• Options
    @nasalot188 My dream vacation is Greece! Maybe one day.... 
  • Options
    @knottiecb30cbb00ab26641 - I have not experienced loss but the anxiety that I will is very bad. I wish I could blame it on the trauma I endured from my daughter being born with birth defects that we didn’t know about, but if I’m being honest with myself, even my first trimester with her was very difficult mentally. To make up for the fact that I had hardly any symptoms (and same this time around). If I could start every day with an ultrasound I swear I would. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/20, 8 weeks today.

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A raspberry 

Upcoming appointments: boutique ultrasound 2/20, meeting my new OB group 3/2. Feels so far away! 

How are you feeling?: Anxious and wishing I had more symptoms. Wanting  to tell everyone and at the same time horrified that something may go wrong right after I open my mouth. 

Rants/Raves: DD is about to turn 2 on March 1st and she is on a massive nap strike. For the last week or so she is screaming, thrashing, trying to get off my lap when I sit in the chair to rock her to sleep. I’m enduring 32 plus pounds of tantrum and my blood pressure is through the roof because I rely on her naps to have a few minutes of rest. This is awful. When I was pregnant with her I literally took 2 naps a day. Now I’m lucky if I get to sit down for 10 minutes.

Questions: Best ways to conquer 1st trimester and pregnancy in general with a toddler? 

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation - DH and I went to Istanbul, Mykonos and Santorini on our honeymoon and it was incredible! Also, my father owns a condo in southern Italy (where he grew up) and we try to go there as often as possible. It’s in a beach town. Unfortunately I haven’t gone since I was 12 weeks pregnant with DD and it looks like this summer will be a wash too... but eventually we will get back there with our kiddos and it will be amazing. 

• Options
    @runningonindie Is your daughter in a crib? Can you leave her there to "rest" even if she won't go to sleep? 

My son started a nap strike when we were all home on quarantine. I think he wasn't as exhausted as school made him, so he just stopped napping. I left him in his crib anyway because I needed the break. I figured even being in a dark/quiet room was probably better than nothing for helping him have a time to chill out a bit and not be completely over stimulated. 

@feelingjovani I feel you on the bloat! I'm down to two pair of non-sweat pants that "fit" (they're often too tight by the end of the day)

@Jcrewgirl85 We joked about not telling my husband's family until the day after the kid is born. Their anxiety can be a lot sometimes... 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w5d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a jack

Upcoming appointments: NIPT and sono on Wednesday

How are you feeling?: Exhausted. But I also have insomnia. I'm so tired of it all! 

Rants/Raves: My husband is such a trooper. I should give him more credit for carrying 99% of the load on the weekends when i'm exhausted. 

Questions:

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation - I never thought I'd say this (I'm so not a beach person), but I'd love an all inclusive resort with our BFFs about now! I dream of not having to worry about what we'll eat and having an endless bar and no responsibilities and massages and pedicures and entertainment... 

• Options
    @marymh80 - yes that’s ultimately what I do. The problem with that is that after 45 minutes of rolling around standing, talking, singing.... she finally falls asleep and then it’s so late in the day that she essentially needs to wake back up again. She used to nap 1:30-3 or 3:30, have dinner at 5, go down by 8. She’s an excellent night sleeper from 8pm to 7:30am. Now she’s not falling asleep until basically 3 and that is way too late for her to be napping 
  • Options
    @runningonindie Yeah. We've been running into time issues too. 

At school "naptime" is 12:30 to 2:30. We try to put him down at 12:30 or 1 at home, but when he's home for extended times, he doesn't go to sleep until 3 ish. 

4 is usually the time that we wake him because dinner is at 6 and bed at 7. He's also a fantastic night sleeper (we put him down at 7, but he usually performs a concert singing to his stuffies until about 8 then sleeps until 7ish)

• Options
    @marymh80 I mean I guess if it’s not really affecting her night sleep then I’ll just let her take these insanely late naps, and part with the idea/luxury that I’ll be able to run any errands without her. DH is working remotely due to covid and until this nap strike, I’d use those 2 hours to go out solo and get some local things done while he listened for her on the monitor. Today I am so frustrated and tired and it’s so much later than normal that I am instead laying on the couch in silence. 
  • Options
    @runningonindie DH usually works outside the home, but the few times we all were home together, I'd give him the monitor and take my own nap. He's much better at ignoring the noise if our son isn't settling! I'm not sure how it doesn't bother him like it does me, but it doesn't. 
  • Options

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 8+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a Denise’s pygmy sea horse

Upcoming appointments: Thursday u/s and intake

How are you feeling?:  The nausea hit me HARD last night.  I spent a good 40 minutes sitting on the edge of the bathtub sipping ginger tea and just waiting to actually get sick.  I’m hoping it was mostly triggered by yesterday’s poor food choices, but to be safe I think I’ll start drinking ginger tea around 5ish each day since the nausea seems to start creeping up around 5/6.

Rants/Raves: My son plays youth hockey and I’m the team manager so I go to every practice/game right now and sign in each player for contact tracing purposes.  The rink he practices in on Sundays has a ‘no spectator’ policy, so once I’m done signing in the players I leave and go wait in the car.  Yesterday while I was waiting for him to come out of practice I heard a ‘crunch’ and looked to the side to see the car next to me violently rocking as it came down off the side of the truck that scraped it while backing out.  The truck paused for a second then drove away.  I was able to grab his plate and make/model, and got out of my car to assess the damage to the other day.  He had completely dented in the driver’s door and torn off the mirror. I called the local PD and they were able to catch the person who hit the car a few miles down the road.  The owner of the car came out a few minutes before my son and I gave him the rundown of what had happened and let him know the police were on their way.  Once my son and husband (a coach) came out of practice and found out what happened they decided I earned breakfast and we ordered takeout from my fave local breakfast place. … long story short, I’m really excited I ‘earned’ a delicious breakfast yesterday haha

Questions: NATM

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation: Two summers ago we took a family camping trip to Cooperstown NY for a week.  We didn’t go for they typical ‘baseball hall of fame’ type things, though we did go for baseball.  One of my best friends from high school had a son playing in a tournament in Cooperstown. She still lives in CA, but hours away from my family so even when I go back to visit I rarely get to see her (it had been about 6 years).  Cooperstown is only a 4hr drive for us, so we figured it was worth the trip to see her and cheer on her son.  We had a really nice drive, enjoyed our time at the campground, had great weather, got to watch some really good baseball, and see some good friend/my son made a friend for life with my friend’s younger son.  We all still talk about that trip all the time, and we’ve decided any time someone we know has a kid playing in Cooperstown we’re going to try to go and watch them because it was just really awesome.

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/26, 7+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: m&m

Upcoming appointments: still waiting on my first one, in March

How are you feeling?: the unisom/B6 combo has really been helping. My bigger issue now is I’m so tired. Also moody.

Rants/Raves: We had a really terrible day today actually. Took my older son to get a second opinion on his tooth and turns out he needs a significant amount of dental work. I feel horrible about it because I didn’t even have a cavity until I was 26 😭

Questions: anyone’s older kiddos ever need dental work? It’s enough that they might do sedation

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation. We went up to wine country, the Finger lakes in NY last year for a parents only trip and then with friends and it was wonderful. I want a little cottage up there!

• Options
    @grizzlymama86 that’s lucky you were there and able to catch the guy! How awful to just drive away...

@runningonindie I would try quiet time in her crib like you’re doing and hopefully it’s a temporary nap strike! Maybe put her down a little earlier if she fusses so long? 

@jc@Jcrewgirl85 I haven’t worked out in a week and a half. I would count those long walks for sure! I’m hoping to get back into it this week but I’ve just felt crappy and then when I started to work out the other day I felt even worse. I don’t want to be a lumpus this time! I’m already dreading losing the weight again
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a blueberry

Upcoming appointments: 1st appointment next Tues

How are you feeling?: SO bloated. I swear I can feel the food just sitting there undigested long after I eat 🤢.  

My nausea seems more manageable now, I think the B6 may be helping. I also think I'm getting better at finding foods that won't trigger my stomach. If I overeat anything rich, I've learned I PAY.  

And here's a weird one: I've been having pain right under my ribcage on the left side... I also hurt so bad every time I sneeze!

Rants/Raves:   Have you guys watched the show A Discovery of Witches? It's my newest binge obsession. I feel like no one know or talks about this show (but they should!)

Questions: na

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation:. My family and I go to my uncle's cabin on Glen Lake in michigan every year. It's seriously one of my favorite places on earth - I prefer it to the ocean! The water is crystal clear. It's quiet and has cute shops, farmers markets, and awesome places to eat. So many good memories there. Ahhhh take me back 😎

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast and @Aerialmrs - happy to report, I sucked it up and did 35 min HIIT workout this afternoon. Besides having to pee and random waves of nausea, felt great to get back into it. Maybe I’ll sleep better tonight 🤷🏼‍♀️

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast He looked like he was in his late teens, so I think he got scared and drove off. Hopefully he learns his lesson to never drive off again.

@kissyfir1586 I heard about A Discovery of Witches on here I think.  I started watching it last week and absolutely love it!
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 love a discovery of witches! Have you read the books? Books are better than the tv series but the series is good too! 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast yes! I read the books a long time ago and was so excited when they came out with the tv series. I'm watching season 2 right now and I think it's better than season 1. It's so nice to have something to binge watch right now - a good distraction from feeling sick.
  • Options
    @marymh80 I've moved from leggings to joggers because they're so much more comfortable.  No tight waists!

@Aerialmrs Thailand is so amazing!  We spent 2 days in Bangkok doing all the touristy stuff which was plenty.  Then we flew to Chang Mai and spent 5 days there. We spent a day on an elephant trek (one of the few that is actually cruelty free and does not allow riding of elephants).  Then we flew to the beach to Krabi and spent 5 days there at an amazing resort.  We want to go back for our 10 year anniversary and make it a combo trip visiting Vietnam!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @feelingjovani oh, I ordered more lounge pants weeks ago for the days I'm working at home! The two days I come to the office are the hard days for me. I ordered two pair of maternity slacks and even though they're the same size, one pair is too big and the other is too small. I HATE maternity clothes sizing...
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast My 5yo had to get 4 crowns last year, and though we briefly tried (unsuccessfully) with laughing gas, we ended up having to have him under full sedation to do the work. His procedure was textbook and successful, and his dentist and ESPECIALLY the nurses were totally incredible. I'd just recommend making sure you're visiting a specifically pediatric provider who does nothing but works on kids, and make sure you see lots of positive reviews. The experience is definitely not fun, but I feel like we were so lucky to have found the office we did, because they handled it perfectly.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21/9, 8 weeks

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Raspberry

Upcoming appointments: First appt is February 23

How are you feeling?: Exhausted and slightly nauseous 24/7, aversions to most foods which is fun. 

Rants/Raves: I don't know why my 2yo is such a terrible sleeper but omg (he used to be a great sleeper!). I'm going to lose my mind if he doesn't start sleeping better before Sept. 

Questions: Nada.

SO hard to choose. DH and I backpacked Europe for a few months in 2012 (pre-kids) which was amazing. We backpacked Europe (and Eastern Europe too this time) with our first kid in 2015 which was also amazing but for different reasons. And then in Fall 2019 we went to Japan/Taiwan for a month with all 3 kids which was even more amazing haha I guess Japan would be my favourite because it was so recent, and so different than any other trip we have been on. Seriously so hard to choose though. I can't wait to be able to travel again! 

• Options
    @Aerialmrs that’s how many my son needs 😬 did you do it at the dentist office or at the hospital? Our office offers it in both places but I’m leaning towards going to the hospital 
  • Options
    @knottiecb30cbb00ab26641 I'm so glad the u/s went well for you!
    @emeraldcity1214 living in Alaska with the light or lack there of would be so weird! We did an Alaskan cruise when I was a kid and it was so weird that in the summer it was light all day!
    @Jcrewgirl85 working out has been so hard! I was really enjoying my Peloton rides but recently even just 20 minute easy rides have killed me! Kudos to you for doing a 35 minute HIIT workout! Also I would count the walks as a workout! Do you have a fitness watch you can track it on?
    @grizzlymama86 you definitely earned that breakfast! I have been craving a big restaurant breakfast. Man I miss brunch!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  EDD 9/18 8w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: 1/2 Lego brick

Upcoming appointments: u/s and intake appt tomorrow

How are you feeling?: bleh. I just want to feel normal. It seems like every day I am either nauseous, have a headache or exhausted or a combo of all three. 

Rants/Raves: Last night I woke up in the middle of the night with a splitting headache and I have felt awful all morning since. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation MH, my BFF and I went to Disney together pre-kids and it was so fun! I am not a "Disney adult" but going to Disney without kids and no whining and drinking our way through Epcot (it was food and wine fest too) was so fun. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I think I would have chosen hospital if we'd had the option (as long as it's well separated from any covid units!), but we didn't have the option. Our provider has multiple locations, so they close one of them every Friday and do only sedation procedures there on that day. It was nice because it was calm and quiet in the waiting room, and they only had 1 team working and were only working on one patient at a time.
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast also FYI, if you bribe your kid with frozen yogurt to get them in the chair, that WILL DEFINITELY be the first and only thing they talk about as soon as they start to wake up. Ask me how I know, lol.
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs aww! Did you guys go get frozen yogurt after or did the sedation make them nauseous? The office is going to call me sometime this week with more information about cost after they talk to insurance and then we can schedule
  • Options
    @muggsd I feel you on the cold. We’re not as cold as you are, but have been down around -20C for a bit and it’s just not pleasant to be outside. Looks like we’re starting to warm up a bit (was -10 today!) so hopefully you’ll follow soon! I can’t wait until I can comfortably sit outside again. 

@knottiecb30cbb00ab26641 I’m glad your u/s went well! I’ve got lots of anxiety too, been blaming it on 3 years of infertility, so it’s hard to believe this will actually work. 

@emeraldduchess My grandmother has decided I’m having a girl because she says my 6-week ultrasound looks like a girl 🤷‍♀️

@feelingjovani Yup, the bloating is bad. I’ve already ordered maternity leggings and expect I’ll be living in those for the next 7 months. 

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9w6d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A green olive

Upcoming appointments: 2/15 I finally get to go in and see my new GP (my old one retired last January) and he said he’s going to try the Doppler and see if we can hear the heartbeat! Then I have the 1st trimester screening ultrasound and bloodwork 2/25

How are you feeling?: Meh. Bloated. Tired all the time. The cramping came back today, just mild, but it always makes me nervous. And everything smells.

Rants/Raves: I had told my boss I was pregnant because he knew I had done IVF and I wanted to warn him about appointments coming up. I was clear that we weren’t telling people yet. The next day, he told one of the managing partners so they can start the process of finding my mat leave replacement. A coworker who covered for me during the IVF process also knows and insists on talking to me about it when other people are around. She never directly says it, but if anyone was trying to listen, it’s pretty easy to figure it out. I just want a couple more weeks and to get the results of the NIPT back before it becomes public knowledge.

Questions: Not right now

We went to Niagara Falls in 2019 just because. We spent almost a week there and had only vague plans about things we wanted to get to, so it was super low stress. We both come from families with highly regimented and scheduled vacations, so getting up and going when we felt like it and doing what we felt like at the time was a new experience for both of us. 

• Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 9/6 uhhh 10+1? 10 + something

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: poker chip

Upcoming appointments: I have my intake appointment Thursday 2/11.

How are you feeling?: fatigued and nauseous 

Rants/Raves: I’m not sure exactly what we’re going to discuss at this appointment Thursday...this is usually the one with a nurse where they do over family histories and tell you how to wear your seatbelt and stuff...but this is round three and my husband isn’t going to be there...so I’m not particularly excited.

Questions: 

GTKY: Tell me about your favorite vacation hmmmm... when I was five and my brother and I were obsessed with trains my family went out to Steam Town in Scranton for the day. While we were out that way they impulsively decided to go down to an amusement park a couple hours away and we all spent the weekend. My mom has a chronic illness and most of the time money was tight, so we almost never did anything unplanned growing up. We were all together and everything was geared towards us kids. I just remember every moment feeling like Christmas morning 

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast they said no dairy for awhile after in case he got nauseous so we couldn't! Whoops, I should have done some research, I guess! We got him jello for the first time instead, but he did talk and whine about frozen yogurt for literally days. Luckily he never ended up getting nauseous, and actually had a great appetite later the same day, so he was a lucky one who didn't experience any negative side effects from the sedation. 

I will say, the kid who went in before him didn't respond well to the sedation and so they ended up not being able to do his procedure. They tried really hard, were also very careful, and he was never in enough danger to warrant a hospital visit, but apparently some way that he was responding to the sedation made the team decide to just bring him out of it without going through with the procedure, so there is always that possibility. I'm not sure what the alternative would be in that case, but it was actually pretty comforting to see that happen before my son went in, and know that even if he didn't respond in a normal way, that he would still most likely be safe in the end.