1st Trimester

TMI and embarrassing question - is it safe to orgasm during pregnancy?

Hello!
I'm very sorry if this is tmi, but is it okay to have an orgasm during pregnancy? The contractions dont harm the baby right? I'm currently 7w6d and so scared of doing anything wrong. Everything seems to be going fine so far, expect when I (sorry this is kinda embarrassing) but orgasmed during masturbation once and a tiny bit of pink spotting occured after I wiped soon after. Just that once and never again, but still freaked me out. Did I do something wrong? Thanks for any insight! Am embarrassed but need to put my mind at ease.

Re: TMI and embarrassing question - is it safe to orgasm during pregnancy?

• geo55 said:
    Hello!
    I'm very sorry if this is tmi, but is it okay to have an orgasm during pregnancy? The contractions dont harm the baby right? I'm currently 7w6d and so scared of doing anything wrong. Everything seems to be going fine so far, expect when I (sorry this is kinda embarrassing) but orgasmed during masturbation once and a tiny bit of pink spotting occured after I wiped soon after. Just that once and never again, but still freaked me out. Did I do something wrong? Thanks for any insight! Am embarrassed but need to put my mind at ease.
    Really?  You don't think people have sex when pregnant?  Unless your doctor puts you on pelvic rest - sex is fine.  You might bleed a bit if you irritate the cervix during sex.  
  • Depending on what you were doing you may have irritated your cervix. Some people can spot after sex. Then again some spot with no provocation. Ask your doc, but unless you are on pelvic rest, you’re good.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Having an orgasm can vibrate the baby right out of your uterus. Be careful when you have a BM too. You can poop the baby out of you push too hard. 😂
  • I’m really trying not to be rude, but are you aware of Google? You will get a million results, all of which say the same thing - unless your doctor or midwife specifically puts you on pelvic rest (which is rare), it’s perfectly safe.