September 2021 Moms
Options

February Appointments

I’m starting this thread since February starts tomorrow! Also because my first appointment is Friday and I’m excited!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: February Appointments

• Options
    My first appointment isn't until the 23rd and it seems like so far away! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @CanadianGamerMom ugh mines the 22nd and I feel you!!! I'm so excited to see the baby and get a little more accurate of a due date! 
  • Options
    I have my follow up u/s and intake appointment next Wednesday. Hoping baby's heart rate is in the normal range. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    Don’t know if this counts as an appointment but I booked a boutique ultrasound for $50 when I’m just shy of 10 weeks (on February 20th). 2 reasons..... 1. DH and DD can come and since my first US was at urgent care I was alone and the image quality is crappy. // 2. I run a life + style blog and we are taking our “pregnancy announcement” photos the following day with my photographer.... I wanted something better than the crappy urgent care US. Baby might actually look more like a baby at that point too! Either way, I’m super stoked. My next formal appointment isn’t until March so this will be fun! 
  • Options
    @runningonindie I'm going to do this towards the end of March so DD can go.  She's sooo excited.  My clinic is now allowing one person with appointments so DH can go to ultrasounds if I can make it work with his work schedule. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @runningonindie that’s exciting! I went to a boutique place with my last one around 15 weeks so that my older son could come since he was sooo excited about the pregnancy. It was a great experience! 
  • Options
    Eagerly nervous for this week. I’m 10w today. Bc of both our advanced ages, I’m going to start genetic testing this week. Also, last visit, I was told I have a subchorionic hematoma.  No exercise or sex, have a follow up appointment next week.  I should be able to know gender as soon as we get the test results, though! 
    "To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the world." - unknown.
  • Options
    I my first ultrasound and first appointment is Monday, I’ll be 7w5d. I’m very nervous. I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago. This pregnancy has been very different though, I’ve had pretty bad morning sickness off and on, and all the other usual symptoms so I feel like things are ok. But last night I started feeling a pain in my lower pelvic area on the left side and it’s scaring me. No bleeding or cramps or anything. I want to assume it’s round ligament pain but seems early for that. Could also be my uterus growing and making room, so I’m clinging to one of those being the cause. Just want the ultrasound to go well, and find a strong heartbeat! 
  • Options
    @Centralmnmom interesting! I didn’t realize they screened AMA for glucose early. They screened me early last time because DS1 was 8lbs15oz 
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I have 3 risk factors....age, bmi, and family history of type 2 diabetes.  I just didn't think it was necessary.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast is 8lbs 15oz really that big to warrant extra screening of GD?
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krash_ If the baby was measuring that big early on then yes, that would. Babies don’t gain the bulk of their weight until the end. So too big too early can definitely be a cause for concern. 
  • Options
    @krash_ he was just over into the “large” category apparently. That was his birth weight. They were screening me for DS2, and I ended up passing both times. He was 9lbs 3oz at birth. My babies are just big 🤷‍♀️ If they want to screen me early this time I think I will decline.
  • Options
    @whatabout2ndbreakfast I thought they were estimating that as the current weight weeks before you gave birth. I was like, wow! That WAS a big baby! 😆
  • Options
    I had my intake appointment yesterday.  It was just a phone call with one of the OB nurses to go over my health history and the dos and don'ts (nothing new  :D).  Tomorrow I have a midwife appointment that's apparently pretty long since they'll do a full physical exam and I'll get a bunch of bloodwork done.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 oh noooo haha. Although my brother in law was almost 11 lbs and I think my MIL told me about that weekly with my first pregnancy 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs that's interesting that they have you starting baby aspirin already. My BP was fine a my 6wk appointment but I should start checking it daily because I was induced for pre-e too and developed severe pre-e and was on magnesium after delivery. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krash_ I was surprised, too. I wonder if my blood pressure goes back down at the next appointment if they'll want me to keep taking it or what. I might do some googling about it, too just to see what the consensus is elsewhere. 
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs glad you just have one! I had my first kids appointment yesterday and I was started on baby aspirin too. I haven’t had pre e but based on other risk factors my midwife wanted me to start it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @feelingjovani the NP on my intake call this afternoon was basically saying that baby aspirin is like the pregnancy magic pill for any risks. She was reading me the list and it even just said "first time moms" so basically everyone should just be on baby aspirin. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    I had an appt yesterday at 10+2. Baby was measuring exactly on track so that was nice.
    got my NIPT blood draw and eagerly awaiting results.
    I am meeting with a new OB next Friday so hopefully will get to check in on baby again. Then nuchal the following week.
  • Options
    @Aerialmrs - my OB told me they’d start me on a daily baby aspirin at 12 weeks! I had “gestational hypertension” last time (not quite Pre-E) and they feel it will help. Seems to be a common recommendation. 
  • Options
    @krash_ interesting!  I guess it's changed since I had my first almost 4 years ago!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Had my appointment yesterday! Everything was good except my OB changed my DD, so I'm not a week behind what I originally though which is a bummer. DH was also able to go the appointment and see the baby so that was great! We originally were going to try and do the NIPT really just to get a sneak peak at the sex extra early, but we found out that it will cost $350 since our insurance only covers the quad screen so that's going to be a no go. Next appointment is in 3 weeks! 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 having a doc you like makes all the difference! That’s great.

I saw a new OB today that I’m considering switching to. We checked on baby and they are looking good at 11 weeks which was a nice reassurance even though I saw last week too.
    this is the first time I have a posterior placenta so that’s exciting! How soon did you guys feel baby with a posterior placenta? My last two were both anterior and at first she thought this was too and I was like- really? Again?!
  • Options
    @agea I agree, a good doctor you like can make a world of difference. I have a posterior placenta this time and I’m already feeling movement. I have felt it about once a day now for a few days. I’m 10+2. It’s usually when I’m sitting still and eating or nursing the baby because those are literally the only times I’m sitting still throughout the day. 😆 I’m super excited! 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 that’s awesome! I’ve felt a bunch of stuff that feels totally like movement but I know it’s gas based on location and strength. I’ll be excited when I can actually identify the difference!
    I usually haven’t really felt much till after 20w so hoping much earlier this time.
  • Options
    @agea I think it’s easier to tell after you have been pregnant several times. This is my 8th pregnancy and 7th getting far enough to feel movement.