September 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 1/29

Re: FFFC 1/29

• Options
    I don't think TV is really that bad...DS1 doesn't have a padlet and doesn't care about our phones, but he loves TV and we love watching movies together as a family. We definitely don't let the tv babysit him, but I don't strictly monitor his "screen time"

• Options
    @chewie5990 I agree. DS has actually learned a lot from Blippi. Also our ped told us when he was younger that it didn't really matter and if we watched it with him and talked about what he's watching even better. I will drink my morning coffee in peace and happily comment a few things about Peppa Pig. 

My FFFC: when I need to get pumped, I listen to 90's country
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @chewie5990 We monitor our son's screen time a little bit, but I think the main area we restrict is his tablet especially when he's getting frustrated with a game. But overall I agree with you and @krash_ with regards to the learning thing. DS has been into Blaze lately and I'm amazed at how much engineering and physics related vocabulary he absorbs from that. We watched one about tensile strength and he used that term later imagining something that could be pulled really far without breaking!
  • Options
    @chewy5990 my daughter doesn't have an issue with screen time so I'm not super strict on screen time.  I do have friends that have to be because I they see a complete behavior shift when their kids get too much.  It really depends on the kid.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I agree that screen time management depends on the kid. I have recently taken the TV away completely because of behavior issues. We don’t use tablets at all. My kids aren’t allowed to play on phones either. We decided when we had our first that they would learn to entertain themselves and not rely on phones and tablets when out in public etc. DH wanted to get a video console for Christmas and I said no. Our oldest, who is grown and out of the house, had horrible behavior surrounding video games. I am not interested in repeating that with any of the other kids. I actually love listening to my kids and their imaginations when they are bored and finally come up with something to play. I have to be careful too because it’s just so easy to finish up school and then turn the TV on for them. I get way more done with them just zoned out. 
  • Options
    Guilty of not regulating screen time.... whoopsie! DD learns a lot from it and I get stuff done so it’s a win/win most of the time. I figure when she’s in school she’ll have way more exciting things to focus on and little friends to play with, the TV will eventually be background noise. 

My FFFC (a few days late): 
    I hate Taylor Swift
  • Options
    🙋‍♀️ Another one here who doesn't regulate screen time. They don't play with our phones at all, but they do get a good amount of tv/xbox time every day. We are (obviously) a big gaming family so we play together alot. I find tv is one of the few things that will actually chill my kids out. They are high energy and once they've exhausted all other activities they just get ridiculous and someone ends up getting hurt. We love watching things like Science Max and similar shows, as well as alot of Marvel stuff (aside from the regular kid stuff).
  • Options
    We have definitely been worse with thr screen time since lockdown and school being remote. Its so hard. DH and I need to work so often DS1 will get the iPad between his online school sessions. I try to limit it but I cannot WAIT until they are back to school in person. I feel like they suffer so much this way..