2nd Trimester
Options

Pregnancy rage

I’m really struggling with hormonal pregnancy rage. I told my husband I hope he dies. I’m really struggling with managing it all especially during Covid. I’m so ashamed of how I treated him. Does anyone have any advice or can you relate?

Re: Pregnancy rage

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    edited January 2021
    I’m really struggling with hormonal pregnancy rage. I told my husband I hope he dies. I’m really struggling with managing it all especially during Covid. I’m so ashamed of how I treated him. Does anyone have any advice or can you relate?
    I had a lot of pregnancy rage with my second and sadly it was often aimed at my oldest daughter, which made me feel like a horrible person who shouldn’t be having a second baby. Generally it was (and still is) when my needs are not being met. Take an evaluation of your mental and physical health and see what you can do or ask for help to fix it. Are you tired? Overwhelmed? Sick? Not eating well? If you can’t find something that might be the trigger (for me it’s a function of being touched out, tired, and/or feeling under appreciated) then definitely talk to your doctor about what you can do. Perhaps that’s a pregnancy support group or a therapist. Good luck. It’s not for forever.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Completely understand. I supervise volunteers for a nonprofit and lately the are driving me crazy. I find them all needy and incompetent and can't tolerate the neediness. At this point I've just tried to recognize it and step away. I know A LOT easier said then done.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband will certainly attest to this... lol, in fact he recently said he can’t wait til my hormones chill out again. Just ask him to give you grace & when (and if) you can sense yourself getting emotional or you’re about to *snap, try to use self control and get away from the situation. Take deep breaths, chill out, pray, speak a simple truth out loud- like “I am kind, I am okay. I love my husband. It’s just hormones.” You’d be amazed how helpful it is to speak those things out loud. lol it helps me not lose my cool.