October 2021 Moms

UO 01/28

Opinions: everybody has them, so let's hear them. The more unpopular the better!

Re: UO 01/28

• Starting off completely not unpopular, but I still want to voice it. I hope that a whole slew of TTGP-ers graduate soon and join this BMB. IMO boards with lots of grads tend to be organized better and have better flow. Also, as a long time lurker, I'm rooting for all of them. 
  • @cait32 This is like my original bump group! We’ve been talking daily on our Facebook group since 2016, there have been a couple huge get togethers with a lot of people and then a ton of us have met in small groups or 1:1. I recently got off social media because it’s just been wrecking my mental health but I still go to my moms group everyday because they are seriously my lifeline! It’s interesting that I have so many BFFs that know me better than anyone but most I haven’t actually met.

@aztecash I’m in the middle. A small group can be quiet, which I like lots of posts and sharing and connections, but too many people makes it more likely to be dramatic, which I absolutely don’t have time for 🤣🤣 but I hope for lots more people too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Random UO: cottage cheese on spaghetti is so delicious!
  • I was grossed out by the idea of cottage cheese on spaghetti at first, but people use cottage cheese in place of ricotta all the time. I'd be willing to try it. 

I tried to be active on my BMB with my first, but I was so late in the month (ended up giving birth well into the next month) that I got frustrated. There would be "I felt the baby move!!!" posts, and I'd have just heard the heartbeat for the first time. By the time I had anything to contribute to posts, everyone had already moved on. As for drama, I activelty avoid it in my real life, I will not participate in it online, but I will read all the posts. There was an issue with catfishing on a BMB a few years ago that absolutely blew up. That kept me entertained for hours.