August 2021 Moms
Options

T-waffle Tuesday 1/26

WhoOrWhatIsBeingATw*twaffleToday?

Re: T-waffle Tuesday 1/26

• Options
    Oh nooooo. But that’s hilarious!

I went into the work bathroom and shut the door, and the door handle was wet. 🤢. Turns out it was probably because the paper towel thing wasn’t working but it was still gross and I wanted to chop off my hand. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We ordered pizza Saturday night. I reheated a piece for dinner Sunday and was two bites away from finishing it when I bit into something really weird. I immediately spit it out and THERE WERE PIECES OF A LATEX GLOVE BAKED INTO THE PIZZA CRUST. I about died. I called the restaurant right away and they are comping our order and sending us a $100 gift certificate. I also got a very sincere apology from the owner via email. Thankfully DS wasn’t hungry and didn’t eat a bite of it. 

I’ll spare you gals the pictures but I think pizza (my fav food) is ruined for a long while. 
  • Options
    Oh nooo @surrenderdorothy that is horrible! At least you know they wear gloves.

I had a similar story, where a glove was made unto a pre-made salad at a sandwich shop I went to every day! I thought it was rice paper or something and continued eating s few bites. I couldn't go back for months. They said it fell down from the shelf above as someone got their glove, but didn't give a shit really.
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 ewww yeah still so gross, no matter how it got there. 🤮 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy that’s awful!  I have a few pieces leftover in my fridge that are suddenly less appetizing
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy noooooooooooo this is terrible
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy that's awful! I bit into a metal twist tie while eating at a brewery. Blech. We haven't gone back there since. 
  • Options
    TW alert - I typically love my in-laws although my FIL absolutely says dumb shit that he thinks is funny, and it's really annoying. I usually ignore it but I've learned in my last pregnancies that both of them annoy the shit out of me when I'm pregnant. Probably because I'm not drinking wine and ignoring them when they visit. 
    Anyway - we had the kids tell them the news over facetime last night and they were shocked/surprised... but what does my FIL say? "You guys know how that happens, right" And also, "Better buy a bigger house so we still have our own room and bathroom".

Uuuuhhhmmm, I know it's a "joke" but jokes are meant to be funny. 

imageimage

• Options
    @MegStark My in-laws are the worst, even when I'm not pregnant.  I'd rather be homeless than let me in-laws live with me.  I can't even joke about it lol

• Options
    My NIPT results are still not back and it's been 10 days. I called and they said they don't have them but they would call. Not a huge deal but I'm a little bummed and of course it's making me worry something is actually wrong to boot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @ladyk127 I’m sorry :( good news is we can all vent about in-laws here as much as we want!!! 🙌🏻

imageimage

• Options
    alexa_94alexa_94 member
    edited January 2021
    @MegStark mine are pretty bad, I love my MIL but she’s definitely too much to deal with. She over shares our life with complete strangers and it’s annoying. 

TW alcoholism 

My MIL’s bf is a heavy alcoholic and lost his job due to this. She left her late ex-husband due to his alcoholism so I don’t know what she sees in this guy. He was getting unemployment and spending $30 daily on a 30 pack plus wine or whatever she wanted. They visited for a while and I was over it. I told my husband no more alcohol in our home that I want to be dry (that includes visitors.) He can’t drive because he got a DUI and is looking at a hefty fine. Their stories never add up either so my husband takes whatever they say with a grain of salt.

• Options
    I’m sorry @claireloSC, that is so frustrating and weird! Did your doctor tell you how long they usually take when you had the test?
  • Options
    @claireloSC I got my results on the 10th day, but my blood draw was on a Tuesday, so I only had 1 weekend in there. What day of the week was your draw on? 
  • Options
    @shoogapoff Wednesday!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    @claireloSC surely you'll get results on Monday!
  • Options
    @claireloSC fingers crossed you get your results today! 

imageimage

• Options
    Still nothing! They're not even answering the phone due to a big snow storm here.
  • Options
    @clairelosc That is beyond frustrating.  We are having a big snow storm as well (I'm assuming the same one lol) and everything is closed.

• Options
    OMG. So I just called and they didn't run the test at all. I’m so upset. Because the DNA didn’t match me (because it’s DW’s egg) they apparently didn’t run the test. And now the blood sample is too old and they need a new sample. But you’re supposed to do the test from 11-14 weeks. I’ll be 14 weeks on Friday. Unfortunately DD spiked a fever today though so I can't go anywhere and I probably won’t have her cleared by Friday. So I’m guessing I can’t do the test at all? The nurse is going to call the doctor I guess and let me know. I'm so upset.
  • Options
    @claireloSC oh my gosh, that is so infuriating! I am so sorry. I really hope they have a way to fix their mistake for you. 
  • Options
    @claireloSC oh... my... god... that is so frustrating!!! I would be absolutely livid if I was you, I really hope they can work with you to get you another test in time (I wonder why 14 weeks is the cut-off anyway?).
  • Options
    @claireloSC wow that is terrible, I'm so sorry! I hope they can figure something out! 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm big mad, it's not like they didn't know it was DW's egg. Someone definitely screwed up.
  • Options
    @claireloSC that's brutal. I would be livid. Hopefully they can somehow fix this for you.
  • Options
    @claireloSC OMG! I'm so frustrated for you! I didn't even think about it being reciprocal IVF...yeah, they definitely asked me if this was a surrogate pregnancy or if I used donor egg etc, when they drew my labs. I didn't know what they would have done if it wasn't my biological child, but like you said, they certainly knew and should have had a plan for how to handle it. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh @claireloSC! That’s so awful. 🥺. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no @claireloSC! I would be livid. They could and should have done so much more!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @clairelosc Omg.. I would be furious as well.  I find it outrageous you had to call to find out they didn't run it too.  What a joke.

• Options
    I had to call twice and send a message to even get that far! And then they're like "we had to call the lab, I was on hold for 15 min..." Cry me a river lady, that's your damn job! It shouldn't be on me to hunt it down and find out that you didn't do anything in time so now the sample is too old. So. freaking. mad. I honestly feel like this wouldn't have happened to a straight couple, they just don't know how to deal with gay couples, which is ridiculous because I go to the doctor in one of the largest cities in America and this is the largest L&D hospital in the city. WTF!!! Still haven't heard back from the doctor either. I first called Friday about this. I'm definitely considering switching doctors over this.
  • Options
    @claireloSC ugh I’m so mad for you and honestly don’t blame you if you switch. This was a big mess up in their end. I hope they can redo it before Friday, what a mess and I’m sorry you’re going through it.
  • Options
    Wow, @claireloSC! I am SO sorry! I would be so freaking livid. How awful! I hope they're able to get you in before Friday. 
  • Options
    @claireloSC I agree completely that this wouldn't happen to a straight couple. That's such bullshit. I would definitely consider switching over this. They better bring a damn phlebotomist to your front step to get that sample before Friday.
  • Options
    @claireloSC glad at least the doctor was apologetic and they are going to make it work! What a pain though.
  • Options
    @claireloSC, glad there was at least a *bit* of a positive outcome from speaking with the doctor! Hopefully things line up and you can get the blood draw ASAP. And FC for a negative result for DD!!