September 2021 Moms
Options

*ULTRASOUND THREAD*

Re: *ULTRASOUND THREAD*

• Options
    @kissyfir1586 ugh so sorry but so happy baby is ok!!!! if it’s any consolation I also paid for a ridiculous urgent care bill for my dating ultrasound at 6 weeks because everyone was convinced it was ectopic. I would have had the same ultrasound (under way less stressful circumstances) not even 2 weeks later for zero dollars 😂😂😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sawasap sorry you had a scare but I'm so glad your husband got to see your little one ♥️

Is anyone else planning on doing a 3D ultrasound? I've never gotten one of them and am wondering, at what week is it best to schedule one? Or maybe the timing really doesn't matter? 
  • Options
    @kissyfir1586 I had 3Ds every week from 28-36 with DD due to complications. It was amazing every time! I’d say the sweet spot was around 32ish weeks right before she got super squished in there but when she looked like she had a little meat on her bones. The pics we got to document the pregnancy we’re so amazing! Unexpected but awesome! 
  • Options
    @runningonindie good to know! I can't wait!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze so glad baby is doing great! I hope you get some answers soon!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze sorry you’re still in limbo but good to see a healthy babe. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @sleepydaze such good news! so happy for you :)
  • Options
    Happy for you @sleepydaze!!! What a cute little profile 😍
  • Options
    @sleepydaze such a great update! Biweekly appointments will be a lot but that reassurance more frequently will be so nice!
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @sleepydaze so happy it was reassuring that you’re on the right track! In my first pregnancy I also thought I saw the gender on the US and was totally wrong so don’t count on it 😂
  • Options
    @sleepydaze I’m glad you’re feeling confident with your provider and have a good plan. I saw between the legs of my LO during the 12 weeks scan. I thought for sure it was too early. Then I had a scan the next week and she scanned over that area a few times and I saw the same thing and mentioned it to her. So we took a closer look. Definitely boy parts and they were clear as day at 12 weeks. The genetic results confirmed it. That’s just my experience though. I was shocked the gender was so obvious so early. 
  • Options
    @muggsd @emeraldcity1214 I think the same thing happened with DD's 20 week US when the technician insisted she had no idea what the sex was after the whole scan. Totally forgot until now lol!
  • Options
    @sleepydaze so happy for you!
  • Options
    @runningonindie out of curiosity do they know if Indie's birth defect is genetic or not? MH has a cleft lip and palate which is mostly not genetic but it still qualifies us for the level 2 anatomy scan because they don't know for sure that it's not genetic. 

This time I'll have frequent growth ultrasounds because of DS's growth restriction and I'm thankful for the peace of mind. I'm glad your OB is taking your mental health into account just as much as the physical health of you and baby. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @krash_ it’s such a rare condition and it’s mostly found to be not genetically linked to anything at all! We did a microarray (which cost a fortune!) on all 3 of us and the results point to nothing genetic at all. We are in the EA/TEF specialized clinic in NYC and out of 500 families there’s only 3 cases with multiple siblings having the defects. Those cases I believe also come with other syndromes, which Indie doesn’t have. Everyone I’ve met in the EA/TEF community has gone on to have other perfectly healthy children. One unique instance - an adult woman with EA/TEF had twins through IVF and BOTH girls also have it!!!! A very very rare occurrence. So basically we are part of MANY genetic studies to try and find the root of this or some possible link - but so far nothing major has been found.

for reference - the first successful EA/TEF repair happened in the 1940’s. Living with this condition is all quite new in the grand scheme of things. 
  • Options
    @emeraldcity1214 he’s soooo cute!!!!!
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @runningonindie I’m so glad they’re taking it seriously and will give it another look.
    I also have a new OB now and likewise she has confirmed I will have a 28w US to check fluid levels based on my last pregnancy. However she also said I would (or maybe could?) have them every four weeks after that until delivery.
    Likely due to the genetic anomaly and placenta trisomy of my last pg my fluid was super low. They induced my because of it and when they broke my water there was barely a trickle.
    were your fluid levels low or high?
    and how/when did they diagnose the condition with indie?
  • Options
    @sawasap what a little stinker! Just so cozy I guess! Glad you’ll get an extra.

@agea - I had elevated fluid levels so when they broke my water it was like the flood!!!!! Indie’s condition was diagnosed at birth. It’s very hard to find on an ultrasound because the esophagus is soft tissue. Sometimes fluid levels and lack of a “stomach bubble” on ultrasound can be a tip off, but indie showed a small stomach bubble (which is common with her type of esophageal atresia - there are many types and only some can be detected in utero)  

when I got diagnosed with high levels of fluid, they retested me for gestational diabetes. They told me 30% of the time it’s GD, 60% of the time it’s for an unknown random reason that doesn’t affect the baby, and 10% of the time it’s from a birth defect. And what do you know! Birth defect
    for us! Crazy!!!! 
  • Options
    ageaagea member
    @runningonindie that must have been incredibly traumatic. Has it resolved now or still dealing with health issues?
  • Options
    These anatomy scan ultrasounds are getting me SO excited!!!! 2ish more days!!!! 
  • Options
    @sawasap Most of my ultrasounds of my son he had the back of his hand dramatically glued to his eyes/forehead. He still sleeps that way sometimes. 

• Options
    sawasapsawasap member
    @marymh80 That's exactly how my cat sleeps when it's the middle of the day or the lights are on, so we're assuming the kid takes after the cat